This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    I rest my case. You have to insult others (taking issue with posters instead of the post) to make yourself feel like you've accomplished something important in life. Keep proving me correct.
    You've yet to make a compelling agument as to why McFlabb is an upgrade other than "INTS= ACCURACY!". As Binary pointed out:

-Got outplayed by 36 year old Garcia in the same system.

-Chokes under pressure.

-Is an old, oft-injured QB who got benched in favor of Rex Freaking Gorssman this year because he couldn't learn Shanny's playbook.

I take exception to your points, not you yourself, although I'm pretty sure if I met you in real life I would have a strong urge to kick you in the nads for being so stupid.

Comment

• I kinda have an idea who i want in the first 3 rounds...

1. Amukamara
      2. Brooks Reed
      3. Kaepernick/Ponder

edit: I am not a huge Von Miller fan. I've had enough undersized OLB passrushers...

Comment

• Possible to keep the Giants talk in the Giants thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Changing the topic somewhat, what's everyone's top five players that they're hoping for in the draft at number seven? Here's mine -

1) CB Patrick Peterson
          2) WR A.J. Green
          3) CB Prince Amukamara
          4) QB Jake Locker
          5) OLB Von Miller

Thoughts?
          1) AJ green(my opinion is best player in the draft, regardless of need)
          2) Peterson
          3) Robert Quinn
          4)Amukamara
          5)Trade down.

Locker is a 3rd rounder IMO, and Von Miller scares me. No doubt his athleticism is off the charts, but he could be another Manny Lawson who's pass rush abilities don't translate to the next level.

Comment

Word. I wish I could be easily amused by being obnoxious to others for merely an ego boost. Oh well.
            I just lay out the facts. Your INT= accuracy is one of the dumbest things I have read as it pertains to football in awhile. This is why I think you are a giant moron, and your opinion on QB's is rendered useless from here on out. Have a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
              You've yet to make a compelling agument as to why McFlabb is an upgrade other than "INTS= ACCURACY!". As Binary pointed out:

-Got outplayed by 36 year old Garcia in the same system.

-Chokes under pressure.

-Is an old, oft-injured QB who got benched in favor of Rex Freaking Gorssman this year because he couldn't learn Shanny's playbook.

I take exception to your points, not you yourself, although I'm pretty sure if I met you in real life I would have a strong urge to kick you in the nads for being so stupid.
              You'd probably get your ass kicked before you could land the first blow. Just FYI.

As far as McNabb goes, he's had success in the NFL on a consistent level
              before. I'm not saying he would be first on my list. But I am saying even at this point his career, I think he's better than Alex...and that's after coming off a bad season in his first year Washington. I'd just rather take my chances with him. If you don't like that opinion, too bad for you I guess. Just don't sleep over it.

Yeah I'm sure with all the personal name calling, bickering and so forth you're really trying hard not to make things personal. Right...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                Possible to keep the Giants talk in the Giants thread?
                Agreed. Will stop with Giants talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade
                  and only a few (Dan) have crazy ideas
                  HEY!!! I take exception to that. I'm the ONLY one here that has crazy ass ideas but hey, it all gives us a chuckle and wastes time. Of course, my mishap on Luck takes the cake but its all good.

Comment

I just lay out the facts. Your INT= accuracy is one of the dumbest things I have read as it pertains to football in awhile. This is why I think you are a giant moron, and your opinion on QB's is rendered useless from here on out. Have a good day.
                    LOL if I annoy you so much why do you keep talking to me then? Yeah that isn't the sign of a troll. I already know you'll respond to this post just like you'll respond to my others because your ego is too big. Give it up. Your entire attitude is a facade. And I already told you that interceptions play a role in accuracy. But keep misunderstanding the point, yet again. Doesn't matter though. I won't waste anymore time with an uncivilized knuckle head like yourself. No main board BS here. We don't roll like that.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the ignore list.

Comment

You'd probably get your ass kicked before you could land the first blow. Just FYI.

before. I'm not saying he would be first on my list. But I am saying even at this point his career, I think he's better than Alex...and that's after coming off a bad season in his first year Washington. I'd just rather take my chances with him. If you don't like that opinion, too bad for you I guess. Just don't sleep over it.

Yeah I'm sure with all the personal name calling, bickering and so forth you're really trying hard not to make things personal. Right...
                      -I highly doubt that.

before.

So has Brett Favre. Does this mean we should look into signing Favre?

I'm not saying he would be first on my list. But I am saying even at this point his career, I think he's better than Alex.

This is debatable and can go either way, but I would disagree. Alex is a bust but I'd rather see him under center next year than McFlabb. I can see why people would think this though, not one of your usual delusional statements.

I'd just rather take my chances with him. If you don't like that opinion, too bad for you I guess. Just don't sleep over it.

Fine to have that opinion, my real issue with you is how you CAME to that opinion. In particular, your "INT= accuracy" argument. This is why from now on I take any QB evaluations from you with a grain of salt.

When i see stupidity, such as what you have shown, I have a tendency to call it out and call the person who has said such stupidity names, such as Morons, idiots, etc... Don't take it too personal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                        Possible to keep the Giants talk in the Giants thread?
                        No you can never oppress us after our World Series win. Giants talk everywhere..........no prob didn't mean for it to fliter into here.

My big board:
                        1. Von Miller
                        2T. Prince
                        2T. Patterson
                        Either guy would make me happy. If I had to choose I would go with Prince
                        4. Cam Newton

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                          No you can never oppress us after our World Series win. Giants talk everywhere..........no prob didn't mean for it to fliter into here.

My big board:
                          1. Von Miller
                          2T. Prince
                          2T. Patterson
                          Either guy would make me happy. If I had to choose I would go with Prince
                          4. Cam Newton
                          Newton? You want McFlabb/Vince Young jr?

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            You probably believe that CC Sabathia should have won the CY Young based on wins last season. QB wins are such a skewed stat that 49er fans love to stand behind for some reason. If it came down to wins Shaun Hill would still be the 49ers starting QB. Alex Smith posted an 11:3 TD/INT ratio in his final 7 games which is pretty solid number considering the lack of offensive creativity the 49ers had last season.

Considering the opitions on the market he has shown he has the ability to be a competent starting QB in a league that is lacking many.
                            QB wins? I'm not high on those because I know it's a team sport. If that were the case I wouldn't want Kyle Orton potentially coming here. Alex posted some good numbers on the stat-line, but if we watched the game he had chances to make big plays at crucial times and he usually didn't come through. Not to mention he was fortunate enough to play some average to terrible teams (he's lucky he's in the NFC West to pad his stats) during the last seven games. It's all a charade.

Comment

Newton? You want McFlabb/Vince Young jr?
                              Realize you are new but promised I wouldn't get back into a debate over Newton for atleast a few months. Check this thread after the national championship game and I had a few post on why I am Pro-Newton. But at this point he looks extremely unlikely to be the 49ers pick. Just like Borat I made the sig and I'll stand by it.......of course I originally had Gruden in there :D

I will say the lastest news involving Cam and his father setting up their own private workout before the combine made me cringe. That is very JaMarcus/Vince Young like in terms of not getting it.

I saw Ness's reply to my Alex Smith post and I am done talking Alex Smith until he either re-signs with the 49ers/picks another team to go to/we create a seperate Alex Smith thread. We have been going in circles with it the last few hours. If this was twitter I would add a nobodycares tag to cap it off with.
                              Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 01-31-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Smith, who turns 27 in May, is likely to be one of the top quarterbacks available on the open market. He should have multiple options when it comes to selecting where he wishes to play next season.

Several sources close to Smith told Comcast SportsNet at the conclusion of the season that the No. 1 overall pick of the 2005 draft planned on a change of scenery after six turbulent seasons with the 49ers.
                                http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/30/11/M...57&feedID=5936

Most of this we're all aware of. I'd be surprised if Smith wants to stay here.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information