Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you folks think about Richard Marshall? He'll be a free agent right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Here's my top 5:

1) Patrick Peterson - Immediate upgrade over whatever decaying corner we currently have on our roster, can possibly be moved to safety, also brings value to the return game.

2) Prince Amukamara - Is a better shutdown corner then Peterson IMO, will upgrade our entire defense immediately.

3) Cameron Jordan - An all around stud, very versatile, upgrades run defense and pass rush right away. Tore it up at the Senior Bowl.

4) Von Miller - Will give us a much needed fresh pass rusher. I question his cover and run defense skills however.

5) Jake Locker - Has the most potential out of any quarterback in the draft. If Harbaugh thinks he can fix his accuracy problem then we should get him.
      Last edited by hawkeye123; 01-31-2011, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
        What do you folks think about Richard Marshall? He'll be a free agent right?
        so will Cromartie

Comment

What do you folks think about Richard Marshall? He'll be a free agent right?
          He'll be an UFA. I think that he's a second tier CB and im sure you've seen me post before about wanting him a year ago. Still want him. He's a solid CB who just turned 26 a month ago. I dont see CAR franchising him and if he decides to test out the market, I would offer him a 5yr/$35m contract. Granted, $7m a year may be a little high but when it comes to UFA's, you're always going to overpay but the main thing is that when you compare that contract to Clements, he'll only get paid $2m or so more but be under contract for an extra two years plus he's only 26 and his prime. I would sign him and release Clements the next day if I couldnt trade him for a late round draft pick.

As for Spencer, I would keep him unless we draft Peterson/Prince. If that was to happen, he would be gone too which would give us two new starting corners in Peterson/Prince and Marshall.

As for Cromartie, I dont want him. He gets burned a lot but its overshadowed because he plays opposite Revis and is on a good defense. He makes good plays too but I just dont like him. Rather have Marshall who while not as good, is a solid CB who keeps his mouth shut.

Comment

• Would anyone be interested in Panthers C Ryan Kalil if he tests out the market and let Baas leave?

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
              Trio of losers? Yeah Buster Posey, what a loser. Aubrey Huff, straight loser. Andres Torres? Ultra-loser. Pipe down, Bravo fan. Not our fault your manager was dumb as a brick in that series.
              I was talking about the 25 runs by Huff+Renteria+Ross. 2 has beens and a role player.

Manager had little to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                so will Cromartie
                True. But how much of his success this past season came playing on that defense and opposite the best corner in the NFL? Back when he was San Diego he was on thin ice and tagged as a player who would get interceptions, but play average at everything else. He'll probably be a lot more expensive as well. I think he might be looking for a huge payday. He's been running his mouth in the media lately about the CBA.
                Last edited by Ness; 01-31-2011, 04:04 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• PatrickWillis is hilarious, but a bit aggressive, you can chill out here man, most of the people aren't as dumb as most other places.

Here is my dan fantasy QB scenario if we can't trade for Kolb/Palmer/Orton...trade a 6th for Vince Young (just for competition, he sucks I know, Harbaugh will prolly cut him), re-sign Alex Smith (best FA out there), draft Ponder in round 2 (maybe a little high for him but we are desperate), and......................bring back Jeff Garcia !!!!(better than Mcnabb, actually outplayed Mcnabb in Tampa with way crappier supporting cast, plus he has leadership and sentimental value). What you guys think about bringing Garcia in for a tryout?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Would anyone be interested in Panthers C Ryan Kalil if he tests out the market and let Baas leave?
                    Interested, but it depends on whether we keep Heitmann or not. If no Heitmann, I'd say sign Kalil and move Baas to RG. Snyder works well as a backup all along the line.

Comment

In regards to Kolb he's had games this season and the season before that where he's looked better than Alex ever has in some cases. The game against the Falcons was a nice example. Over 300 yards in less than 30 attempts and three touchdown passes against a good opponent and a knockout victory. When is the last time Alex did something like that?
                      I admit I did not remember the game against the Falcons. Still, one game does not mean he is better when most of the time he has looked worse or equal to Alex from the past two years.

Matt Leinart looked good in his rookie year, and of course afterwards took a nose dive due to his reported lack of commitment. Alex has not looked okay since 2006, which wasn't even that great of a year in the first place...and that was with Gore having his best season ever. At the time I was willing to give him a pass because it was only his second season in a new system, but he never took that next step.
                      Again, Leinart's rookie year was worse than Alex's second year and since then he has played like ass while Alex has been okay. Take out the 3 games he played with a separated shoulder in 2007 and he has 10 more touchdowns than picks and an 82 QB rating. That is decent.

Alex Smith I'm sure is a good person. That isn't what the debate is about. I just don't think he's a good quarterback, nor do I think he is absolutely our best option for 2011. And the excuses for McNabb and Palmer don't look as bad when they've actually had good seasons in the NFL.
                      No one thinks he is a good QB, most just think he is out best option. McNabb and Palmer may have once been a lot better than Alex but last year Alex was almost as good as Palmer and way better than McNabb. There is no reason to believe that Palmer will regain his pre-2007 form where he was much better than Alex so there is no reason to pay much more for him and McNabb just looked awful last year and there is no reason to believe that he will bounce back.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
                        I just lay out the facts. Your INT= accuracy is one of the dumbest things I have read as it pertains to football in awhile. This is why I think you are a giant moron, and your opinion on QB's is rendered useless from here on out. Have a good day.
                        Dude, chill, take a breather, no-one cares.

Comment

• I'd kick both of you guys' ass.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

True. But how much of his success this past season came playing on that defense and opposite the best corner in the NFL? Back when he was San Diego he was on thin ice and tagged as a player who would get interceptions, but play average at everything else. He'll probably be a lot more expensive as well. I think he might be looking for a huge payday. He's been running his mouth in the media lately about the CBA.
                            Reminds me way too much of Nate Clements in terms of how much he gambles on routes. I just don't trust his football IQ and unlike Clements he does a terrible job tackling and takes poor angles. I like the idea of Marshall much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                              Interested, but it depends on whether we keep Heitmann or not. If no Heitmann, I'd say sign Kalil and move Baas to RG. Snyder works well as a backup all along the line.
                              Baas is a UFA. I seriously doubt that we'll be able to re-sign him and sign Kalil as an UFA. I figure if Kalil is looking for $2m or so more than Baas, I would much rather sign Kalil who's 26 and let Baas who's 30 leave. I would keep Heitmann since he has one year left on his contract and he's a good veteran backup. No point in looking for a replacement for him.

Not only that but if Mankins hits the open market, would definitely go after him too. Imagine Staley at LT, Iupati at LG, Kalil at C, Mankins at RG and Davis at RT. That would be a top five OL once they get used to each other and the chemistry is there.

Comment

• The Niners have never believed in paying a premium for gaurds

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information