Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1.AJ Green
    2.Patrick Peterson
    3.Cam Newton
    4.Von Miller
    5.Prince Amukamara
    6.Da'quan Bowers
    7.Nick Fairley
    8.Robert Quinn
    9.Marcell Dareus
    10.Ryan Kerrigan

    BTW I represent the Niners at the Mock Draft here on the Board. I picked with the 7th Pick Cam Newton with Amukamara and Fairley left on the board. What do you think about? hERE#S THE THREAD.

    http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45660

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
      BTW I represent the Niners at the Mock Draft here on the Board. I picked with the 7th Pick Cam Newton with Amukamara and Fairley left on the board. What do you think about? hERE#S THE THREAD.

      http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45660
      I would have taken Amukamara and not even blinked.
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by king2am View Post
        I would have taken Amukamara and not even blinked.
        Agree 100%.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
          1.AJ Green
          2.Patrick Peterson
          3.Cam Newton
          4.Von Miller
          5.Prince Amukamara
          6.Da'quan Bowers
          7.Nick Fairley
          8.Robert Quinn
          9.Marcell Dareus
          10.Ryan Kerrigan

          BTW I represent the Niners at the Mock Draft here on the Board. I picked with the 7th Pick Cam Newton with Amukamara and Fairley left on the board. What do you think about? hERE#S THE THREAD.

          http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45660
          Thank God that was just a mock draft.


          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

          Comment


          • Here's my top five -

            1. WR A.J. Green
            2. CB Patrick Peterson
            3. CB Prince Amukamara
            4. OLB Von Miller
            5. QB Jake Locker

            Peterson is my favored pick at 7 followed by Prince and then Green. I have Green first because he's the best prospect at WR since Calvin Johnson and with Luck staying in college, I think he's the best prospect overall this year but I would take Peterson or Prince over him because the need at CB is greater than it is at WR. Miller would be good but im hoping for Woodley, Hali or Kiwanuka from free agency in that order. Locker is the only QB that im even interested in but unless the other four are gone and I cant get a good offer to trade down, he would be the pick.

            With that said, still prefer to trade a 3rd to GB for Flynn. If Peterson and Prince are gone but Green is still there at seven, I draft him unless a team is willing to give me a monster deal which would include 2011 and 2012's first rounders because for him to slip for whatever reason would be a steal. If I couldnt get that or at least 2011's first, second and third, I draft him with no regrets.

            Trading down into the late teens or twenties, I would look at CB's Harris, Williams and Smith. Would take Smith over the others though.

            I'm just hoping that the CBA gets done later this month or early March so everything can stay on course and I think it will and if anything, if a deal becomes immenent, Goodell would most likely delay the start of the new league year like what was done years ago.

            Comment


            • Tamba Hali and Lamarr Woodley are each certainties to be franchised. No clue about Kiwanuka.

              A 3rd for Matt Flynn seems pretty high. I mean one good game against a very average New England defense = 3rd? And it's not like Flynn was getting any hype before that. I mean Troy Smith looked good through two games too...

              Not sure I'm really a fan of AJ Green in the 1st. What team has ever won investing multiple top 10 picks in the WR spot? I don't think you can throw anyone out there like some people, but Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker is good enough to win with another good WR thrown in the mix. I think we need a speedster to stretch the field and we'll be set, not another high pick. There's always a bunch of mid round prospects who end up really solid wide receivers and I don't think it will be any different this year.

              I'd prefer Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, Von Miller, Nick Fairley, Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn all over Green at this point.
              Last edited by Arsenal; 02-10-2011, 10:01 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                Tamba Hali and Lamarr Woodley are each certainties to be franchised. No clue about Kiwanuka.

                A 3rd for Matt Flynn seems pretty high. I mean one good game against a very average New England defense = 3rd? And it's not like Flynn was getting any hype before that. I mean Troy Smith looked good through two games too...

                Not sure I'm really a fan of AJ Green in the 1st. What team has ever won investing multiple top 10 picks in the WR spot? I don't think you can throw anyone out there like some people, but Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker is good enough to win with another good WR thrown in the mix. I think we need a speedster to stretch the field and we'll be set, not another high pick. There's always a bunch of mid round prospects who end up really solid wide receivers and I don't think it will be any different this year.

                I'd prefer Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, Von Miller, Nick Fairley, Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn all over Green at this point.
                Yeah, Woodley and Hali will most likely be franchised. Think Kiwanuka will hit UFA since there's a lot of DE's in NY and he could be a starter for a different team. I think that he could be a good pass rushing OLB for us opposite Lawson and is an upgrade over Haralson and Brooks.

                A 3rd for Flynn may be high but if we're going to draft a QB in the first, second or third, I would rather give up a 3rd for Flynn. The main reason I want Flynn is because while he's only played in a game and a half, he still has more NFL experience than any rookie and was in a pro style WCO the last three seasons. Troy Smith sucks. Flynn at least has promise and potential to be a starter. Just need the chance to do so.

                If Green is there at 7 and both CB's are gone and I couldnt get a damn good trade offer for him, I draft him myself. Morgan is an UFA in a year and we could easily let him walk. Crabtree regressed and personally, him not playing during the pre-season just shows that he doesnt have the work ethic that he should have. T.O. was an asshole but no one can ever question his work ethic, dedication or desire to win. Having a player like Green would push Crabtree to elevate his game and if the time came to where we have to trade Crabtree, we already have a younger and potentially a far superior receiver. Also, after Crabtree and Morgan, our receivers are average at best. Value wise, it would be a huge mistake to pass on Green if both CB's are already gone.

                Quinn hasnt played in what two years? I wouldnt draft him at seven. No way. Miller would be 50/50 depends on if we sign an OLB in FA. As for Fairley and Dareus, unless they have the potential to be a dominant NT, I wouldnt draft either at seven because in a 3-4, neither would be worth the seventh overall draft pick. Peterson/Prince are the only two players I would draft over Green at seven.

                Comment


                • Quick question -

                  Does anyone know if there's a DVD boxset that has the 49ers five Super Bowl championship games and the playoff games complete from start to finish instead of just highlights?

                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                  • What if we trade down to like 12 threw 15 or some place and then draft Locker there.Would you guys be good with that options if none of our CB or LB is there at 7?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Yeah, Woodley and Hali will most likely be franchised. Think Kiwanuka will hit UFA since there's a lot of DE's in NY and he could be a starter for a different team. I think that he could be a good pass rushing OLB for us opposite Lawson and is an upgrade over Haralson and Brooks.

                      A 3rd for Flynn may be high but if we're going to draft a QB in the first, second or third, I would rather give up a 3rd for Flynn. The main reason I want Flynn is because while he's only played in a game and a half, he still has more NFL experience than any rookie and was in a pro style WCO the last three seasons. Troy Smith sucks. Flynn at least has promise and potential to be a starter. Just need the chance to do so.

                      If Green is there at 7 and both CB's are gone and I couldnt get a damn good trade offer for him, I draft him myself. Morgan is an UFA in a year and we could easily let him walk. Crabtree regressed and personally, him not playing during the pre-season just shows that he doesnt have the work ethic that he should have. T.O. was an asshole but no one can ever question his work ethic, dedication or desire to win. Having a player like Green would push Crabtree to elevate his game and if the time came to where we have to trade Crabtree, we already have a younger and potentially a far superior receiver. Also, after Crabtree and Morgan, our receivers are average at best. Value wise, it would be a huge mistake to pass on Green if both CB's are already gone.

                      Quinn hasnt played in what two years? I wouldnt draft him at seven. No way. Miller would be 50/50 depends on if we sign an OLB in FA. As for Fairley and Dareus, unless they have the potential to be a dominant NT, I wouldnt draft either at seven because in a 3-4, neither would be worth the seventh overall draft pick. Peterson/Prince are the only two players I would draft over Green at seven.
                      I understand your logic, just personally disagree. I just think Crabtree will be alright if he gets a real quarterback getting him them ball. Alex and him have awful chemistry, no coincidence Crabtree's numbers went way up with Troy Smith. I think a lot of it was his immaturity and frustration. I wonder how many times we heard the words "overthrow" and "Crabtree" together last year. He really needs to work on his route running though. I also think Morgan is a solid possession receiver that is plenty good to be a 2nd or 3rd wideout in the unit. If he's the 2nd, we will need someone that is his equal as the 3rd though, so I agree it needs upgraded but would rather wait to the middle rounds.

                      It's not that I hate Flynn or anything but he just has such a small sample size, you can't tell if he's actually good or not. New England has a good secondary but zero pass rush and there's no way to tell how he handles pressure in the pocket. It's not like Matt Schaub where there were always rumors he was good, there was nothing about Flynn until he looked alright against New England in one game.

                      About Fairley and Dareus though, Fairley has never played in a 3-4 but Marcell Dareus played in a 3-4 at Alabama and excelled, no reason he can't do the same in the NFL. I do agree someone like Cameron Heyward would be a lot better fit for our system. I love Heyward but his value will almost definitely be too low for pick #7. Fairley would probably be a waste in a 3-4 compared to a 4-3 but I don't see why he couldn't translate either.

                      Comment


                      • So it looks Mankins is going to be franchised. There goes Dan's hopes and dreams

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                          What if we trade down to like 12 threw 15 or some place and then draft Locker there.Would you guys be good with that options if none of our CB or LB is there at 7?
                          If Peterson/Prince/Green are gone at 7, I would try to trade down once or twice into the late teens while hopefully getting an extra second and third by trading down twice. Then, I draft CB Jimmy Smith and use those extra picks to draft back in the first round for OG Mike Pouncey. Solve two positions while still having our own second rounder and pay less money.

                          Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                          I understand your logic, just personally disagree. I just think Crabtree will be alright if he gets a real quarterback getting him them ball. Alex and him have awful chemistry, no coincidence Crabtree's numbers went way up with Troy Smith. I think a lot of it was his immaturity and frustration. I wonder how many times we heard the words "overthrow" and "Crabtree" together last year. He really needs to work on his route running though. I also think Morgan is a solid possession receiver that is plenty good to be a 2nd or 3rd wideout in the unit. If he's the 2nd, we will need someone that is his equal as the 3rd though, so I agree it needs upgraded but would rather wait to the middle rounds.

                          It's not that I hate Flynn or anything but he just has such a small sample size, you can't tell if he's actually good or not. New England has a good secondary but zero pass rush and there's no way to tell how he handles pressure in the pocket. It's not like Matt Schaub where there were always rumors he was good, there was nothing about Flynn until he looked alright against New England in one game.

                          About Fairley and Dareus though, Fairley has never played in a 3-4 but Marcell Dareus played in a 3-4 at Alabama and excelled, no reason he can't do the same in the NFL. I do agree someone like Cameron Heyward would be a lot better fit for our system. I love Heyward but his value will almost definitely be too low for pick #7. Fairley would probably be a waste in a 3-4 compared to a 4-3 but I don't see why he couldn't translate either.
                          There was no chemistry because Crabtree didnt play or even practice during the pre-season so thats all on Crabtree, not Smith. I just think that if Peterson/Prince are gone at seven while Green is still somehow there, I easily draft him unless some team is willing to give me one hell of a draft pick package.

                          True but Schaub wasnt great in ATL. In ATL, he was 84/161 (52%) for 1033 yards, 6 tds, 6 ints, 12 sacks and 6 fumbles (1 lost). He didnt become good until 2008 with 2009 being thus far his best season. Flynn looked way better than anyone expected him to against NE especially in NE and I figure that he's a better gamble for a third rounder than a rookie QB would be. Not only that but he played with such poise and was comfortable the entire NE game. Granted, they dont have a pass rush but he still played better than expected. I just think that he's a better gamble.

                          As for Fairley and Dareus, you say that Dareus played in a 3-4 in college but what position did he play? Unless he played NT and could be the next Wilfork/Raji, I wouldnt draft him at seven because no DE in a 3-4 is worth that high of a pick because they arent meant to make plays. They're meant to engulf the OL so the LB core can make plays.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            So it looks Mankins is going to be franchised. There goes Dan's hopes and dreams
                            LOL. Figured that he would be. Oh well. One of my draft scenarios would be to trade down and draft Pouncey in the 20's.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              LOL. Figured that he would be. Oh well. One of my draft scenarios would be to trade down and draft Pouncey in the 20's.
                              I keep hearing he's not a 1st round prospect, that would be a massive reach.
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                                What if we trade down to like 12 threw 15 or some place and then draft Locker there.Would you guys be good with that options if none of our CB or LB is there at 7?
                                I would much rather have Cam Newton than Jake Locker. I see the athleticism with Locker, and I understand the excitement around the guy. But when people see his bad footwork, and hit and miss accuracy, they say that's correctable.

                                I choose to see it, albeit more negatively, as he's had the last two years to develop some terrible habits, when he was supposedly getting great coaching at his position.

                                Then you have someone like Newton, who is exceptionally raw, but has even more physical tools than Locker. I would much rather take the kid who hasn't had years in a pro system, and developed very bad habits because his team was shady.

                                So, long answer to a short question. I would personally not draft Locker anywhere near the top 15. Here's my little disclaimer: If we happen to go this route, I have an enormous amount of faith in Harbaugh. If he pulled Dan off this forum and said 'I can make him our qbotf', I would beli.... Ok, I wouldn't believe that, but you get my point.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information