Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Upside" and 'Potential" are words that generally have positive connotations, but what they really mean is, "You're not where I'd ideally like you to be at right now."

Harbaugh will pass on Newton given the opportunity at the 7th pick IMHO.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Let's hope Harbaugh passes on Newton (or any QB for that matter) at 7 especially if Peterson, Prince, Green or Miller are still on the board.

And Raiders were stupid, I would have drafted WR Calvin Johnson number one overall and then traded back into the late first round for Quinn or just draft a QB in the second. Granted, Quinn hasnt done a damn thing either but at least he's still in the NFL.

Comment

• I hope Harbaugh draft Newton!

If Green or especially PP are still there, I'm happy with both of these guys. But if both are gone, I think Harbaugh select a QB (Gabbert or Newton) in Round 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
          I hope Harbaugh draft Newton!
          Oh hell NO!!! I would rather see Harbaugh draft BORAT or NESS to be our franchise QB. LOL. :)

Comment

• What do you guys think about Ryan Williams? I know you got Gore and Dixon but still Gore won't be there forever.

Comment

• Comp picks announced. 49ers get 2 7th rounders:
              49ers NFL Draft Compensatory picks have been announced. #49ers have two more picks in the 7th round - #238 and #249 overall. Team now has 12 picks

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Comp picks announced. 49ers get 2 7th rounders:
                Good for a FB or a 2nd (or 3rd) developmental QB or a K.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
                  I hope Harbaugh draft Newton!

If Green or especially PP are still there, I'm happy with both of these guys. But if both are gone, I think Harbaugh select a QB (Gabbert or Newton) in Round 1.
                  Who the hell is this guy?I would not want Newton on the 49ers he seems like another T.O or dam cry baby I dunno.It is all hard to say about his work ethics.I like hi splay ability but his character I hate.I also would not touch any QB unless we draft down to like 15 or so in the Dolphins spot or some where close to draft Locker if none of our big 4 top players are gone.You must be watching to much ESPN crap. Come on MAN!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                    Who the hell is this guy?I would not want Newton on the 49ers he seems like another T.O or dam cry baby I dunno.It is all hard to say about his work ethics.I like hi splay ability but his character I hate.I also would not touch any QB unless we draft down to like 15 or so in the Dolphins spot or some where close to draft Locker if none of our big 4 top players are gone.You must be watching to much ESPN crap. Come on MAN!!
                    Please, explain this post.

What questions do you have about Cam Newton's work ethic? The kid digested, and implemented (almost perfectly) the system at Auburn in one year, won the national championship and the heisman.

YOU must be watching to much "ESPN crap" - his dad's financial adventures have nothing to do with Cam's work ethic, so don't let those two blend together.

To be honest, it's pretty hard to have "work ethic" concerns at quarterback - most guys fail because they don't have it between the ears.

Now, character is different from work ethic. If you don't like Cam Newton because you think he's arrogant or what not, that's different than how hard he works.

Also, what signs point to him being "another TO"?
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• king2am,
                      I dunno why I have against him but I just don't like his character and ego on him that he thinks he so big and bad while he has only one good dam season in the SEC.Where he could of been great at Florida if he would of been smart there and stayed until Tebow left.But tback then the whole Laptop was dumb to I admit.
                      Secondly, the work ethic I dunno if it s true or just in my head from NFL N guys about he could learn a new system for the west coast or not if beyond me and just doesn't seem like a good fit.It is most of his interviews he willing to learn a new system or do what ever it takes,but I dunno hard to say with only one year at Auburn. But if JH picks the guy then I hope he can work this crap out of him and make it work I guess.ON the ESPN , you don't his Dad stuff ego might come off on him when he starts actually getting paid or not?I beg to defer on that one.Plus we need a boom type of player NOT a project at QB.We already tried that one.
                      Finally, I'll take the T.O park back I guess.I really don't see just the ego park of him wanting to be more then just a QB.That part really bugged me when he came out said that part of wanting to be a entertainer.I mean really as a rookie?On a finale note,I guess he could be a good person and player at QB if he can put his mind to but I dunno in all honesty.He has the great arms strength down the field and mid range just not in short range passing.I'm also concerned about his football IQ while reading plays on the field from check downs and stuff like that.It is just like going back to Gabbert they've only had one really good season at QB to saw is there any "it" factor there for them.But those are my words on Newton.But I mean if really gotta take a QB at 7 then so be it.But I don't think we will have to worry about if Green,Miller or Quinn is there.

Comment

• If Cam Newton was the QB version of T.O., I might change my mind. Granted, may be an asshole but at least he'll be a future HOF QB.

Joking aside, I dont want any QB period at 7 and I dont care who it is. I'm still hoping for Peterson, Prince, Green or Miller in that order.

Comment

• I really cant hear that Newton will suck stuff anymore. "He has no work ethic", "There are character Issues".... "He said he will be an Icon and an Entertainer, so he is an arroggant asshole"

Do you really know Cam's character? I saw him just very positive. Just the media make's him the dump man, and everybody wrote it down and then the next guy who read it, wrote it down again.
                          I saw him with kids having cancer and play with them and made things for the community. U dont want that your new QB is an Icon? Shame on u Cam, lol. If u want to be the best u have to be self confident and that looks maybe arrogant or maybe is it, but that didnt make him a bad QB...
                          Why he has no work ethic? He is in really good shape, make everything what scouts and media want from him. He makes all the interviews, all the drills, all the workouts, everything. He work his ass off. He made Auburn a National Champ in 1 year, and people say he cant learn a new system. Why shouldnt he? He have all the tools, is hyper athletic (what's most of the time is a big negative concern for people who dont like him... dont no why), has perfect measurables and in my opinion he looks like a guy that really wants to work very hard.
                          He needs some work, that's true, but which QB didnt need that (especially this year)? Blaine Gabbert? Jake Locker? c'mon...

The Niners make a move at Harbaugh because he can develop a QB. And the biggest concern for the Niners Not-success was Bad Coaching and Bad QB Play. So Newton maybe fits perfect to the Niners with his Upside, tools and work ethic. Sure, he maybe dont fit perfectly in a WCO. But I think Harbaugh's main preoccupation isnt to install a WCO, it is to be successful and build a winning team (maybe was Sing's goal too ;-) lol).

When Draftday comes i think Newton would be a top 3 pick and Niners cant take him, but if he really falls to #7, please Niner's Draft this guy!

Comment

• Newton is one of those guys that we aren't going to draft, so there's no point in entertaining that idea or arguing about it.

Comment

• The Niners are the only team that needs a QB drafting in the Top 10 who have yet to schedule a private workout with Cam Newton. Harbaugh's comments last week about his potential were a complete smokescreen.

Gabbert is not ready to start right away as a rookie. They'll go QB in the 2nd if their guy is there or they will trade up to a targeted player if Harbaugh really likes one of the QB prospects more than the others rated in that area (Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, etc.).

I really think they will target Ponder and then Dalton. After that late first/second round area where those guys may go, Stanzi would probably be the next target a little bit later in the Draft.

Comment

• It is a moot point because Newton is going #1 or #3. Plus SF interviewed Newton at the combine and my guess is he didn't come across well. Also got the feeling that Harbaugh was the one that asked him why he changed the play at the end of the championship game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information