• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
    I would love it if somehow the draft fell like this:

1. Peterson, CB
    2. Kaepernick, QB
    3. Acho, OLB
    Ideal draft for me. Miller or Peterson is who I want for round 1 and Kaepernick is the guy I want in round 2 out of the Ponder/Dalton/Locker mix. I would package the 2 fourth rounders and try to jump ahead of the Titans. I don't see Kaepernick lasting till pick 45.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
      Ugh really?I love his size and numbers and mobility,but me think mid second is way high for a spread QB.But I dunno still this QB is just hard to pick from.If PP,Miller and Green or Quinn are all gone at 7 my gut says just go with Locker.I mean we have a new staff in place to groom a QB now more so then we have had for the last 5 years.Then go CB in round two.I like the Acho pick tho.He should be a good solid player.
      Why do you feel the 49ers should take Locker at 7? I have not seen anything this draft process that has reinforced his stock. For as much as people bash Gabbert and Newton it's amazing how much of a free pass I see given to Locker because he played in a pro style offense.

I have no problem moving up and taking Locker in the end of round 1 (wouldn't give up a future 1st though) . But he is not worth investing top 10 money into IMO.

Comment

• Barrows reporting the Niners have THREE H-Back/Tight Ends coming in for private workouts. Do you think this is in order to see who might be able to convert to Fullback or do you think Harbaalke is disenchanted with Delanie Walker/Nate Byham?

Comment

Ugh really?I love his size and numbers and mobility,but me think mid second is way high for a spread QB.But I dunno still this QB is just hard to pick from.If PP,Miller and Green or Quinn are all gone at 7 my gut says just go with Locker.I mean we have a new staff in place to groom a QB now more so then we have had for the last 5 years.Then go CB in round two.I like the Acho pick tho.He should be a good solid player.
          Wut? A spread QB like Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Pat White, Kevin Kolb, Vince Young and Alex Smith?

And please just ask Jake Locker out and get it over with.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
            Barrows reporting the Niners have THREE H-Back/Tight Ends coming in for private workouts. Do you think this is in order to see who might be able to convert to Fullback or do you think Harbaalke is disenchanted with Delanie Walker/Nate Byham?
            It's WCO time, where the days of big, blocking FB's like Norris are over and versatile, pass-catching FBs and TEs are here.

Harbaugh had a bunch of TE types in Stanford and will look to stockpile again in the pros. Delanie is signed on the cheap for several years and is still a match up issue for other teams. I like Byham but he would be the one in a fight for his job.

These type of players can also be taken in the mid to late rounds of the draft, where the Niners have multiple picks and can find value.

Teams like the Patriots, Ravens, etc. stockpile several of these type of athletes, especially versatile TEs, as they become useful in many different situations when scheming.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Barrows reporting the Niners have THREE H-Back/Tight Ends coming in for private workouts. Do you think this is in order to see who might be able to convert to Fullback or do you think Harbaalke is disenchanted with Delanie Walker/Nate Byham?
              I've been waiting for this type of news to come out - Had a gut feeling that Harbaugh would have a plethora of these types of players by the time training camp starts (assuming there is one).

I would imagine there looking at conversions to fullback. As creative as Harbaugh is, he will get the most out of two TE sets with Vernon and Delanie.

The kid I keep thinking about is that Virgil Green from Nevada - not at all a FB prospect but another mismatch at the TE position.
              Originally posted by Babylon
              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Starting to think that Harbaugh simply wants to carry four TE's. Isn't rare.

Comment

• So are we gonna waist two draft picks on TE then or just one?
                  Last edited by 49erNation85; 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

So are we gonna waist to draft picks on TE then or just one?
                    I would assume were going to draft only one in round 6 or 7.

Comment

So are we gonna waist two draft picks on TE then or just one?
                      1. Vernon Davis
                      2. Delanie Walker
                      3. Nate Byham
                      4. New draft selection

Can't see them drafting a 5th unless it's a late round priority FA type that will be drafted since FA might not happen.

Comment

1. Vernon Davis
                        2. Delanie Walker
                        3. Nate Byham
                        4. New draft selection

Can't see them drafting a 5th unless it's a late round priority FA type that will be drafted since FA might not happen.
                        With 12 selections, I wouldn't be stunned to see him draft two. I probably wouldn't do it myself but it could happen.

I see the scenario as, Harbaugh taking a TE that he really likes - and then if there is a 5th guy taken he would probably be the H back kind of player, able to do both.

I just can't wait to see the formations/alignments with Vernon.

Comment

• Just had a thought that our Madden play book is gonna be sick lol.

Comment

Just had a thought that our Madden play book is gonna be sick lol.
                            Vote for Willis for the Cover of Madden12.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

He's in the Elite Eight, though Rodgers is probably the runaway favorite to win.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Kiper and McShay put out 3 round mock drafts today. Here are who they project to the 49ers:
                              Kiper:
                              1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
                              2. Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
                              3. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

McShay:
                              2. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
                              3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Baylor

Love Kiper's mock draft. With McShay I don't agree with his 2nd round pick for the 49ers. Don't see them drafting a running back that high and if they did I would have taken Ryan Williams, who he still had on the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Kiper and McShay put out 3 round mock drafts today. Here are who they project to the 49ers:
                                Kiper:
                                2. Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
                                3. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

McShay:
                                2. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
                                3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Baylor

Love Kiper's mock draft. With McShay I don't agree with his 2nd round pick for the 49ers. Don't see them drafting a running back that high and if they did I would have taken Ryan Williams, who he still had on the board.
                                As much as I would love it, I don't see Peterson making it to #7 anymore. There's a reason this guy is the #1 player on most boards.

Corner/Safety/Return man - physical specimen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information