Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me ask you guys this, lets say Carolina does slap him with the tag in an attempt to trade him. Do you trade the 10th pick for Peppers? Plus after you make the trade you have to give him Jared Allen money. Is this something you would want or not?

Comment

• I would much rather go after Suggs if he hits UFA instead of Peppers because he's younger, can play both DE and OLB, would give us a legitimate pass rusher at either position and we wouldnt have to trade anything to acquire him.

I have no interest in Peppers whatsoever especially considering what his demands will be. One thing will be interesting though - to franchise Peppers, the Panthers will be required to have the $17m+ available in cap room before applying the franchise tag but here's the interesting part, what happens if CAR doesnt franchise tag him? Does he still get the money that he wants in FA when every team would be saying, "wow, they didnt even tag and try to trade him, they just let him leave for free".

Think about it. Sometimes, doing nothing says more than actually doing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        what happens if CAR doesnt franchise tag him? Does he still get the money that he wants in FA when every team would be saying, "wow, they didnt even tag and try to trade him, they just let him leave for free".

Think about it. Sometimes, doing nothing says more than actually doing something.
        Not in this case. If Peppers is available in FA, then he'll be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. No question about it.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan
          I would much rather go after Suggs if he hits UFA instead of Peppers because he's younger, can play both DE and OLB, would give us a legitimate pass rusher at either position and we wouldnt have to trade anything to acquire him.
          Suggs is far too light to play 3-4 end. He'd do well with his hand up, but on the ground he'd get swallowed up by the opposing blockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I would much rather go after Suggs if he hits UFA instead of Peppers because he's younger, can play both DE and OLB, would give us a legitimate pass rusher at either position and we wouldnt have to trade anything to acquire him.

I have no interest in Peppers whatsoever especially considering what his demands will be. One thing will be interesting though - to franchise Peppers, the Panthers will be required to have the $17m+ available in cap room before applying the franchise tag but here's the interesting part, what happens if CAR doesnt franchise tag him? Does he still get the money that he wants in FA when every team would be saying, "wow, they didnt even tag and try to trade him, they just let him leave for free".

They franchise him, it's two firsts I think. Pass on that.

If they don't, we should test the water. If he really wants to play 3-4 there are only 5-6 teams and a few of them are out due to salary restrictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
              What is there to be excited about with Smith. He never even saw the field this season. Have you seen something that i haven't seen? Until he is playing, there is nothing to be excited about.

Potential doesn't mean anything until it is fulfilled.
              i feel the same way about another smith that plays qb

Comment

• I dont get the Suggs love. He had eights sacks this year. Parys Haralson had the same amount and he did not start every game, unlike Suggs. Also, he did not have as talented a surrounding cast as Suggs either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• parys and suggs had the same number of sacks last year, and suggs played for a more talented lb team, but the ravens sent everyone. Suggs got a lower number of sacks because their D sends different people all the time. I like parys, but he is not the same talent as suggs. Parys had quite a few sacks get away from him, and as well as he played he does not possess the skill set that suggs does.
                  “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I dont get the Suggs love. He had eights sacks this year. Parys Haralson had the same amount and he did not start every game, unlike Suggs. Also, he did not have as talented a surrounding cast as Suggs either.
                    I read the same piece this morning. :P

I totally agree. I've been behind Haralson getting a chance to prove himself. He's got 8 sacks on the season, that's not a bad effort. Certainly not bad enough to suggest that he's the issue with our D's pass rushing problems.

Further to that, I don't get all the love for an OLB with the first pick, I don't think it offers the best upgrade for our defence, or the best positional advantage.

Comment

• Not really a fan of bringing in Suggs or Peppers. Peppers will cost more than Clements. Reggie Smith did look very good in his limited action.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Scott Linehan has declined our offer to be OC:
                        http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...s-offer-1.html

(shocked smiley) That hurts. I hope they bring in Rob Chudzinski.

Comment

• linehan denies offer

ok...so now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                            ok...so now what?
                            49ers are down to two canidates:
                            -Colts receivers coach Clyde Christensen
                            -Former Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              49ers are down to two canidates:
                              -Colts receivers coach Clyde Christensen
                              -Former Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski
                              i hope not. i would not mind dennison or mike mccoy from carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                i hope not. i would not mind dennison or mike mccoy from carolina.
                                Dennison's off the list, accepted a position under McDaniels.

To be honest, I haven't been that impressed with our shortlist...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information