This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor from Philly writer:
    Methinks Kevin Kolb is going to San Fran and Aldon Smith will be coming to Philly as soon as trades are green-lighted.
    http://twitter.com/pdomo/status/63765329611993088

We better be getting Philly's 1st rounder back if this happens because I would NOT give up pick 7 for Kolb.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      UGH!!!

We drafted OLB Aldon Smith with the 7th overall draft pick.

I'm NOT happy (as usual). Another 4-3 DE expected to make the conversion and we'll probably still be stuck with Nate at CB. I would have tried to trade down but if I couldnt, I would have drafted Prince instead.

This guy better do awesome from the start because if he becomes a flop, I can say right now, bye bye Ballke, Harbaugh and company.

NOT ******* HAPPY!!!!!

What a crappy ass day!!!
      haha really you are writing them off after one pick?

I am stunned but need to watch some film on Aldon. Was not expecting this at all. Love the measurable and can't blame them going for pass rusher over CB.

Comment

• I said if he becomes a flop. Smith isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick but at least a franchise CB in prince would have been. I'm stunned and pissed off but thats nothing new. It's no wonder the 49ers franchise have sucked since 2002. They dont have a damn clue.

As for that trade of Smith to Philly for Kolb, cant happen either way. Players cant be traded during the draft and I dont think players who get drafted can be traded either and even if it can be, its a huge gamble and risk which is something I wouldnt do.

Comment

I said if he becomes a flop. Smith isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick but at least a franchise CB in prince would have been. I'm stunned and pissed off but thats nothing new. It's no wonder the 49ers franchise have sucked since 2002. They dont have a damn clue.

As for that trade of Smith to Philly for Kolb, cant happen either way. Players cant be traded during the draft and I dont think players who get drafted can be traded either and even if it can be, its a huge gamble and risk which is something I wouldnt do.
          We will see good chance some form of rules get established tomorrow. I do think they should have moved down a few picks for Smith but like I said I would rather grab a pass rusher over a corner.

When free agency opens I think they try and make a run at Nnamdi or Jonathan Joseph.

IMO passing on Gabbert may come back to get them. Doubt anyone will agree with me but liked the tool set and the situation he would have come into. But Harbaugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WWBBD. So I trust him to say the last, haha.

Comment

• I hope the Kolb thing is just a rumour.

Smith would be a nice replacement over Haralson. He should be better in every way. The Niners must be one of the teams that took Quinn off their board. Seeing Prince drop probably tells you how much that half against a legit receiver was worth when he had to be taken off Blackmon.

Comment

• Joseph was drafted in 2006 which means that if FA have the same rules as last year, he'll be an RFA. Would have drafted Prince instead of Smith because everyone keeps saying pass rusher this, pass rusher that but he's going to have to make the transition to OLB in the 3-4 and compared to Prince who could come in and start from day one, I dont see that happening with Smith unless Lawson leaves via UFA but I think that he'll be back since he would be an RFA.

And back to that Philly trade, if SF trades Smith for Kolb straight up once FA starts, I'll be extremely pissed off but then again, can a rookie who cant be signed be traded?

Comment

• Good lord, is there only one OLB in a 3-4? Do they have the same responsibilities? Come on.

Comment

And back to that Philly trade, if SF trades Smith for Kolb straight up once FA starts, I'll be extremely pissed off but then again, can a rookie who cant be signed be traded?
                  Harbaugh says no according to Eric Branch.

Mizzou connection though, with J.Smith and A.Smith from the same school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                    Harbaugh says no according to Eric Branch.

Mizzou connection though, with J.Smith and A.Smith from the same school.
                    Not only did Harbaugh deny it but Trent Cole and Brandon Graham thinks the rumor was started by an IDIOT.

And yeah, Aldon Smith broke Justin Smith's sack records at Mizzou.

Dan... 99% of all 3-4 OLBs in the NFL were 4-3 DEs in college. You kill me.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      Not only did Harbaugh deny it but Trent Cole and Brandon Graham thinks the rumor was started by an IDIOT.

And yeah, Aldon Smith broke Justin Smith's sack records at Mizzou.

Dan... 99% of all 3-4 OLBs in the NFL were 4-3 DEs in college. You kill me.
                      Philly writer trolling for hits on his twitter then. What a clown.

Alex Smith coming into 49ers HQ to meet with Harbaugh tomorrow according to all of the 49ers beat writers.

Comment

• The thing with Aldon Smith though, is that after watching him on GameChangers, his frame doesn't look maxed out at all. If he fails at OLB, there's a chance he could move inside.

Comment

The thing with Aldon Smith though, is that after watching him on GameChangers, his frame doesn't look maxed out at all. If he fails at OLB, there's a chance he could move inside.
                          He's not maxed but hes a pass rusher not a 5-tech.

As for his build... DeMarcus Ware is 6'4" 262. Aldon Smith is 6'5" 263.

Comment

He's not maxed but hes a pass rusher not a 5-tech.

As for his build... DeMarcus Ware is 6'4" 262. Aldon Smith is 6'5" 263.
                            True.

Btw, anybody know the NFL rules for if we have too many Smiths on the team? Especially with Aldon and Alex on the roster?

Comment

True.

Btw, anybody know the NFL rules for if we have too many Smiths on the team? Especially with Aldon and Alex on the roster?
                              Justin and Reggie, as well. They got rid of Troy so they had to add Aldon.

Comment

Justin and Reggie, as well. They got rid of Troy so they had to add Aldon.
                                I know it will be J. Smith and R. Smith for Justin and Reggie.

But will it be A. Smith 1 and A. Smith 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information