Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They won't officially cut Clements until they have a handshake deal for Asomugha or Joseph. Doesn't mean he's staying.

Comment

• With Spikes signing with the Bolts, I'm hopefully that Alex Jospeh can make it onto the 53. He's was one of my sleeper picks in the 2010 draft and was surprised when he went undrafted. For a run-stuffng MLB, Joesph is very athletic. He runs a 4.6 forty and had a short shuttle time of 4.09, which is WR-like quickness for a LB. Perfect fit as a TED in our scheme. Has a good nose for the ball. Im eager to see how he does in the pre-season.
      Last edited by VAfy-ya; 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• I found it somewhat telling that Aldon Smith was given number 48 (which he will have to change) when he may have asked for number 58 (currently held by Alex Joseph.) The Matt's (Maiocco and Barrows) have said that brass really like both Kristick and Joseph.
        Last edited by phlysac; 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• kristick! self appointed hardest hitter in the pac-10

Comment

• You guys signed Seth Smith, the RB from my NMSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
              Anyone know what we plan on doing with Franklin/Lawson? I haven't heard much of them.
              Lawson is drawing interest from Arizona. SD is rumored to also be looking at him.

Comment

• I really think that Lawson is going to go somewhere and totally tear it up. I just wish that he could stay with the Niners

Everyone says that Aldon Smith was drafted to replace Lawson, but I would rather have a Smith/Lawson combo over Harelson
                Last edited by edgrenade; 07-27-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  I really think that Lawson is going to go somewhere and totally tear it up. I just wish that he could stay with the Niners
                  yup. like julian peterson did. :(

Comment

• I think the same thing about Lawson but only if he goesto a 4-3 team as an OLB ala Peterson in SEA. 3-4 wise, he'll be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      yup. like julian peterson did. :(
                      To be less pessimistic, Peterson had 2 good seasons in Seattle and has been pretty mediocre since.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        To be less pessimistic, Peterson had 2 good seasons in Seattle and has been pretty mediocre since.
                        well thats 2 good seasons he didn't have with us.. and against us twice per season

Comment

• John Clayton

don't count the 49ers out of the Nnamdi sweepstakes.

Comment

True but in those two seasons, he had 19.5 sacks. In his six previous seasons in SF, he had 21.5 sacks. Kind of says something dont ya think? Bottom line is that Peterson was good and used to the best of his ability in those two seasons in SEA unlike his time in SF.

Either way, I wish we would keep Lawson and release Haralson. If Aldon Smith can become a consistent pass rusher opposite Lawson, our LB core will be awesome.
                            Last edited by dan77733; 07-27-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              True but in those two seasons, he had 19.5 sacks. In his six previous seasons in SF, he had 21.5 sacks. Kind of says something dont ya think? Bottom line is that Peterson was good and used to the best of his ability in those two seasons in SEA unlike his time in SF.

Either way, I wish we would keep Lawson and release Haralson. If Aldon Smith can become a consistent pass rusher opposite Lawson, our LB core will be awesome.
                              Not to go all the way back to 2004 with Peterson but he was hurt alot and constantly threatened and executed hold-outs. It wasn't believed he was a good 3-4 fit.

Did it suck? Sure, but it wasn't like there weren't legit reasons to look elsewhere.

As for Lawson over Haralson...

Agree. However, Haralson "could" go back to 2009 play (if healthy.) Also, people are forgetting the potential of Thaddeus Gibson.

Comment

Not to go all the way back to 2004 with Peterson but he was hurt alot and constantly threatened and executed hold-outs. It wasn't believed he was a good 3-4 fit.

Did it suck? Sure, but it wasn't like there weren't legit reasons to look elsewhere.

As for Lawson over Haralson...

Agree. However, Haralson "could" go back to 2009 play (if healthy.) Also, people are forgetting the potential of Thaddeus Gibson.
                                Excluding 2004, Peterson only missed 6 games in fives seasons and after the 2004 season, the team franchised him and then signed Nolan to be the HC who was converting the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so thats on the team 100%.

Haralson is average at best. He's slightly better than Lawson as a pass rusher but not as good in run or pass coverage. Overall, Lawson is the better player and I would rather see him start opposite Aldon Smith but whatever.

We'll see what happens tomorrow in regards to Asomugha, Clements and everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information