This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Ugh. What number will Luck wear for us next year?
    ummmmm 12? i've already ordered it

Comment

• also, didn't realize we had mccleod bethel thompson on our team..

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        WTF? This isn't the "veteran" that I thought Harbaugh would go for. This looks desperate.
        Well, Harbaugh probably doesn't want Kap to go in there this year, and he sees that Alex is gonna be in trouble behind this Oline...so a guy like Daunte would be an ok emergency guy to finish out the season in case Alex got hurt and Kap wasn't ready. It would essentially be throwing in the towel, but if Alex got hurt we'd be screwed anyways....heck, even if he's healthy we are still pretty screwed. I still dunno what else they could've done...I wouldn't want them to get a Hassel/Mcnabb/Palmer/Kold AND Alex, that's too much investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          ummmmm 12? i've already ordered it
          12 is retired I think? Brodie's number.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
            Well, Harbaugh probably doesn't want Kap to go in there this year, and he sees that Alex is gonna be in trouble behind this Oline...so a guy like Daunte would be an ok emergency guy to finish out the season in case Alex got hurt and Kap wasn't ready. It would essentially be throwing in the towel, but if Alex got hurt we'd be screwed anyways....heck, even if he's healthy we are still pretty screwed. I still dunno what else they could've done...I wouldn't want them to get a Hassel/Mcnabb/Palmer/Kold AND Alex, that's too much investment.
            I'm hoping we get Andrew Luck. Having a terrible season this year would be totally worth it. I didn't think the offensive line would look this bad this early. That's really depressing. But it was only one game. We'll see.

Oh and I'm not too keen on Culpepper. But at least he's a has-been instead of a never-was.
            Last edited by Ness; 08-15-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Are you freaking kidding me,Duante Culpepper?Why even bother.I know he had a good career but he is old and slow.I still doubt we get luck tho maybe maybe not though.We still have a long NFL season ahead guys.Lets work into the play offs first.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                Are you freaking kidding me,Duante Culpepper?Why even bother.I know he had a good career but he is old and slow.I still doubt we get luck tho maybe maybe not though.We still have a long NFL season ahead guys.Lets work into the play offs first.

Comment

• I can't take this Culpepper stuff seriously. I sure hope it's our staff's solution to the punching bag routine that we saw last week. If someone is going to get slaughtered behind our oline until protections are shored up - i'd rather it be pepper than alex or kap.

if it's a serious alternative to either of them - gross.
                  Originally posted by Babylon
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• I think ppl are jumping to the wrong conclusion about the interest about Culpepper. IF we sign him, I seriously doubt its to back-up Alex. Its to be the 3rd QB. In case ppl have forgotten, Harbs re-affirmed that there is still a QB comp going on between CK and Alex. CK is the future. Harbs is absolutely giddy about the kid's potential but you can tell he doesn't want to heap too much praise on him yet. They ARE NOT going to sign another QB as the back-up to take valuable practice reps away from CK. He will be the back-up through the entire season, barring injury.

If they sign Culpepper, its because he showed up for the workout in shape, ready to work and prepared to play. Thats what you need in a vet 3rd string. A guy who doesn't receive any reps during game week but knows the game and the system and can be prepared to play in a weeks notice. That's what we'll get if we sign Culpepper. A guy who Harbs can trust to be ready when his number is called, while he spends a majority of his time getting Alex and CK 'coached-up' and ready to play every week. And if we wind up cutting him later on, Harbs can always pull him off his couch if a injury happens to the top two guys, knowing he's staying in shape and already knows some of the system.

Comment

• Nate Davis was cut by the Colts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15441821

The guy sucked and some 49er fans think it was a mistake to cut him last year.

Comment

• Thadeus Gibson released.

I thought he was going to turn into a gem....

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                          Thadeus Gibson released.

I thought he was going to turn into a gem....
                          Think the writing was on the wall when he didnt get any reps against the Saints. Think our OLBs are pretty much set. Brooks, Smith, Haralson, and Applewhite. Unless we add another one after final cuts and drop a guy like Applewhite.

Comment

• What was wrong with Gibson? I was hoping to see him play.

Comment

• Gibson is another example of Sing being very high on a guy when the Niners new regime is not. He held a roster spot for much of last season that could have been used to retain a core special teams player like M-Rob.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                                Nate Davis was cut by the Colts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15441821

The guy sucked and some 49er fans think it was a mistake to cut him last year.
                                The kid could sling it, but he didn't have the work ethic to be a successful NFL QB. Additionally, his learning disability was likely a factor in not being able to digest the playbook quickly.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information