This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    Really Dan lol. Yeah I would rather give up a second or third for Andre Johnson.
    You think that a 4th for Wayne is too little? I dont. Its always been obvious that Manning was the Colts. Only difference is that with him injured, everyone is finally seeing what everyone already believed. Wayne is an UFA after this season and on the decline. He's not worth more than a 4th rounder in my opinion and would still be better than adding Lloyd would have been. Oh well, doesnt matter since we didnt trade for Lloyd. Yay. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      You think that a 4th for Wayne is too little? I dont. Its always been obvious that Manning was the Colts. Only difference is that with him injured, everyone is finally seeing what everyone already believed. Wayne is an UFA after this season and on the decline. He's not worth more than a 4th rounder in my opinion and would still be better than adding Lloyd would have been. Oh well, doesnt matter since we didnt trade for Lloyd. Yay. :)
      Wayne is only 32. He's not as young as he used to be, but he could very easily have another productive three or four years. Him, along with everyone else on the Colts offense is suffering from the absence of Peyton Manning. Doesn't mean Wayne still can't get separation and make big plays. They're just not coming as often due to who is under center. He's still a number one receiver.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        Royal could be a great pickup...for another team. We don't need him as he's a a slot WR and we have Ginn and Kyle Williams for the slot already. They need a bigger target WR on the outside opposite Crabs, thus why Braylon coming back fills the need. If Braylon can't go, then they'll need to pick up another big bodied guy like Housh.
        Ginn is not a good receiver what so ever, and the fact that Kyle Williams has seen very little targets leads me to believe that Royal would be a great pickup.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          That's what worries me if they don't think Braylon is healthy and that's why they are interested. I wonder if the Niners are one of the teams interested in Eddie Royal could be a great pickup perfect fit for the offense.
          Every GM is interested in players who could be an upgrade on the team, especially in potential worse case scenarios. That's just how the biz goes. Royal would be a step up on Ginn as a WR, and probably Williams as a slot WR, which is why there is interest.

Comment

• I don't see why the Niners would go away from their philosophy of building through the draft to spend a mid round pick to get a rent-a-player for a couple months. Unless there was a star player available at a bargain that they could make a big effort to re-sign, I'd like to see them hold onto their picks. Look at the impact their mid round picks from this year are having already.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Trading for receivers usually doesn't work. First, the coach has to figure out his skillset, second, he has to figure out where said skillset fits into his offense, third, the quarterback and receiver need to learn how to work together.
              By the time all of those things are figured out, the season's almost done. Unless you're trading for a guy who you know is going to stay around for a few years, it's not really a good idea.
              There are plenty of good receivers in this year's draft. Harbaugh has done an excellent job this season, so all they need to do is keep building.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                Trading for receivers usually doesn't work. First, the coach has to figure out his skillset, second, he has to figure out where said skillset fits into his offense, third, the quarterback and receiver need to learn how to work together.
                By the time all of those things are figured out, the season's almost done. Unless you're trading for a guy who you know is going to stay around for a few years, it's not really a good idea.
                There are plenty of good receivers in this year's draft. Harbaugh has done an excellent job this season, so all they need to do is keep building.
                Exactly. Keep building.

P.S. They still print SLAM magazine?!?!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Matt Maiocco made a few good points regarding the rumor of Brandon Lloyd. He thought there was no chance they would trade for him. He isn't going to come in and start over Edwards and Crabtree, and maybe even Ginn. So you have a 30 year old receiver that may be fourth string. And our tight ends get so much work, especially Davis and Walker. And then you have Bruce Miller. Our third receiver is basically Walker. Not to mention the 49ers like guys like Kyle Williams and they just signed Swain.
                  Last edited by Ness; 10-18-2011, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if all they were doing was trying to drive the price up.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I know this is irrelevant but, Lol Raiders ****** up.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                        I know this is irrelevant but, Lol Raiders ****** up.
                        TWO 1st Round picks for Carson Palmer?! They don't have many picks left in next year's draft and now, the year after.

They're laying their nuts out there but I still think San Diego will be the team to go the furthest in that division.

Comment

• They also have to decide wether Goldson or R Smith will be re-signed

Comment

• There is a podcast with Peter King featuring Alex Smith. You guys should check it out. If you have iTunes you can type in SI Football Peter King and it should come up. Interview took place after the 49ers beat the Lions. I'm going to listen to it later today.

Comment

• New Gameday thread is up!
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Nice words from PFW...

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "If you look at the way (49ers ILBs) Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman are playing, I don't think there are two better in the National Football League. There is no question they are the best tandem in the league. But the guy that has been most impressive there is the rookie. If (Aldon Smith) were starting right now, he'd be leading the league in sacks, hands down. His snap-to-sack ratio is ridiculous."
                                http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...lly-impressing

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information