This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Nice. I like positive Dan more than negative Dan.
    Like the saying goes.....winning changes everything. LOL. Its been way too damn long and overdue but better late than never. I'm seriously so happy now especially since im able to watch every 49ers game. 49ers being 6-1 just makes that even better. :)

Comment

• I'm loving what this team is doing and all but its just one little thing that irks me.......Tarell Brown. I don't like the fact that he's a starter. To his credit, he's played pretty decent but we've now moved into the time of the year where a team's tape has gone around the leauge and opponents start to attack in cinks in the armor. And it looked like the Browns made a effort to attack Brown's side of the field often last Sunday.

Fangio has gone on record as saying a healthy player always give you a better chance to win than a injured guy so I understand why Spencer's role is what it is at the moment. But Brown is more nickelback than starter. He just isnt physical enough, IMO to last on the outside all year and into the playoffs. I REALLY hope they give Cully a shot on the outside. I think he's earned a couple of reps a game in the base defense. They've done a excellent job of bringing him, as well as the other rookies along slowly. And I understand we've been winning so you don't necessarily fix what ain't broke. But with more formidable passing offenses coming up on the schedule(Giants, Steelers), I really want to see us shore up our 24th ranked passing defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
        Nice. I like positive Dan more than negative Dan.
        I bet he still wants us to sign TO though....

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          I'm so happy that not even Ness and his Alex Smith bashing can stop it. LMAO. Just joking bud. Haha. :)

Just kidding.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I just watched the Bills/Redskins game. I feel a lot better about our chances of winning this upcoming game. As long as our defense keeps playing the way it has we should should them down. They won't run on us, and a lot of their receivers can't get open consistently and outside of Fred Davis, there aren't very many playmakers. Overall they seem pretty beat up on that side of the ball. Beck wasn't making that many great decisions, but they were not protecting him at all. They give up 9 sacks to the Bills, a defense that hasn't been that great this season. As long as we don't beat ourselves, we should win this game. I'm sure the Redskins will be hungry for a victory though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
              outside of Fred Davis, there aren't very many playmakers.
              And he has a sprained ankle and has been in a walking boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                I bet he still wants us to sign TO though....
                Actually, I dont because the team's chemistry thus far is good and he's not 100% healthy anyway so no point. Plus, its already mid-season.

Originally posted by Ness View Post

Just kidding.
                Thanks bud but im not thirsty. LOL.

Comment

• More Alex Smith numbers I thought you guys might find interesting.

Alex Smith's numbers up until the point where the 49ers went up by >10 points

34/41 (82.9%)
                  381 yards
                  9.3 Y/A
                  3 TD
                  0 INT
                  129.8 QB rating

His numbers when the 49ers have a lead in the second half,

21/44 (47.7%)
                  254 yards
                  5.8 Y/A
                  2 TD
                  2 INT
                  62 QB rating

Out of those numbers he was asked to do more than manage the game when the Seahawks and Browns got within one score in the 4th quarter. On those two drives he was 5/6 for 75 yards and led them down to get a field goal to go up by two scores again both times. Against the Bucs, the one game when the 49ers kind of kept their foot on the gas, he was 5/9 for 78 yards and two touchdowns. Taking out these three situations he was,

11/29 (37.9%)
                  101 yards
                  3.5 Y/A
                  0 TD
                  2 INT
                  19.5 QB rating

In the second half playing with a lead. His numbers when playing from behind or tied in the second half, on the other hand,

29/40 (72.5%)
                  372 yards
                  9.3 Y/A
                  4 TD
                  0 INT
                  134.6 QB rating

In short, Smith being a good game-manager is a myth. Smith going into attack-mode is a beast.

"Game-manager" Smith (2nd half leading all season - beating up on TB - 4th Q within one score @Cleveland and vs. Seattle)

10/29 (34.5%)
                  101 yards
                  3.5 Y/A
                  0 TD
                  2 INT
                  16.6 QB rating

"Attack-mode" Smith (1st half of all games + 2nd half tied or behind + beating up on TB + 4th Q within one score @Cleveland and vs. Seattle,

105/153 (69.9%)
                  1166 yards
                  7.6 Y/A
                  9 TD
                  5.9 TD %
                  0 INT
                  0 INT %
                  110.6 QB rating
                  Last edited by abaddon41_80; 11-03-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Just got my Patrick Willis jersey. At first I bought a Steve Young jersey, but then quickly exchanged it for a current one when I realized it was the Reebok version of the classics. I forgot that it's Mitchell & Ness or nothing...well unless you want to search on ebay for an old one.

Comment

• Goldson didn't get fined for his hit, so he was indeed penalized for nothing.

No hit to the head, no leading with his helmet, just football the way he's supposed to play it.

And it affected the scoreboard.

Comment

• OH yea just put Alex Smith on my Fansty team.I dunno how good he will do me but he has to be better then Tebow.Man he just flopped last week. Sadly there isn't much left for our league for Qb.

Comment

• That's pretty rough. My opponent may have to pick up a fantasy scrub this week too. Stafford is on a bye so he has Palmer in atm.

Comment

• New Gameday thread is up.
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                              OH yea just put Alex Smith on my Fansty team.I dunno how good he will do me but he has to be better then Tebow.Man he just flopped last week. Sadly there isn't much left for our league for Qb.
                              Tebow isn't anything great but he may actually have more fantasy upside than Alex depending on the matchup as he'll get rush yards and gets goalline carries. If you care about ranking,s Tebow is ranked higher this week on ESPN. Either way, you're having to buy a lotto ticket this week for your team. Good luck!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Yea it is a tough choice if i want to start Tebow or not he is only playing the Raiders and last time he put up some good numbers so I may just cause it is OKA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information