Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're tied with NE for the most probowlers with 8...counting reserves and alternates it's 18 49ers. That's probably at the top or right near it for most total pro-bowlers. I think this somewhat supports the notion that Harbaugh took over a talented but underachieving team (as does the fact that we're 12-3). It's also funny how many are recent FA acquisitions

-Dante Whitner
    -Carlos Rogers
    -David Akers
    -Jonathin Goodwin

What a beastly offseason! That's not even counting Aldon Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
      Do OLB's cover that much in our defense? When Baalke was reviewing the draft picks for the media in May, he said the top 2 priorities were to rush the passer, and defend the run. I don't think he even mentioned coverage and i also remember reading that in our defense, the ILB's are responsible for coverage than the OLB's are. If that's so, that basically negates one of Lawson's strengths as irrevelant. As for run defense...Lawson was good at it but it was hardly worth retaining him for, especially when he struggles at what Fangio wants out of his OLB's.
      I've seen some cases where Aldon or Brooks take a few steps forward as if rushing then drop back. This is from highlights packages only though, so I'm not sure how common it is.

To me, it looks like Fangio schemes for this, since Willis and Bowman both have the range to go sideline to sideline, and Willis has been good at taking away TE options. Aldon and Brooks also have a lot more impact applying pressure versus dropping back.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        Might not still be available when the 49ers pick at 32.
        I wish. ;)

Comment

• OWENS! OWENS! OWENS!11111111

For real though, this receiver group is pure buttcheeks right now...we need help.

Comment

• 8 Pro Bowlers and Aldon Smith isn't one of them. WTF?
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              8 Pro Bowlers and Aldon Smith isn't one of them. WTF?
              He wasn't even on the ballot unfortunately.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...16&feedID=5884

and then Dan came from excitement

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Only my GF gets me that excited. ;)

As for Owens, I would definitely bring him in for a tryout and physical. And no matter how much anyone here hates T.O., just imagine us going into GB in the NFC championship game and at the end of the game, Smith finds T.O. in the endzone for the Catch III and we defeat GB and go on to win in the SB.

Come on, how awesome would that be??? :)

OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! :)

Comment

• And the TO dream dies, sorry Dan
                    mattbarrows
                    Harbaugh says whoever fills Braylon Edwards' roster spot will be an in-house candidate. He says there will be a competition.
                    Between Joe Hastings and John Matthews. I would imagine it would be Hastings since the coaches talk about how well he performs on the scout team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      And the TO dream dies, sorry Dan

Between Joe Hastings and John Matthews. I would imagine it would be Hastings since the coaches talk about how well he performs on the scout team.
                      John Matthews just said on Twitter that Joe Hastings is going to be the one that gets the nod.

https://twitter.com/#!/Eric_Branch/s...33821159047168
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I was just thinking about this today. Usually at this time of the year we are all talking about what free agents we want the Niners to sign, or what coaching changes we want. Feels good my friends to be looking forward to the playoffs.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          He wasn't even on the ballot unfortunately.
                          Nor was Jason Pierre-Paul and he is a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            Nor was Jason Pierre-Paul and he is a starter.
                            Smith also played limited snaps. And only played a handful at OLB. He played DE in most instances. And if he was competing for a spot at DE he's not beating out Allen and Babin.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              Only my GF gets me that excited. ;)

As for Owens, I would definitely bring him in for a tryout and physical. And no matter how much anyone here hates T.O., just imagine us going into GB in the NFC championship game and at the end of the game, Smith finds T.O. in the endzone for the Catch III and we defeat GB and go on to win in the SB.

Come on, how awesome would that be??? :)

OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! :)
                              EA Sports, it's in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                And the TO dream dies, sorry Dan

UGH. Oh well. Harbaugh better hope that all the receivers are healthy and that they, the OL, and Smith all show up for the playoffs.

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                EA Sports, it's in the game.
                                NO, its not. EA sucks and blows chunks. Bug filled piece of crap that only sells millions of copies because 1) it has no competition (which was always superior) and 2) because its been around for over 20 years.

The game itself is crap. The gameplay still sucks. Commentary is beyond horrible. ESPN presentation is non-existent and quite honestly, the worse part of it all is that the game itself just isnt fun. The only Madden I ever enjoyed playing was Madden NFL 2004 on PS2.

Go play 2K5 on Xbox/Xbox 360. SEVEN years later and its STILL FAR SUPERIOR. 2K5 will always be the game that forced EA to so desperately purchase the NFL license which was bullcrap to begin with. Bidding my ass. If there was an actual bidding auction for it, Microsoft and Sony would have easily outbid EA.

Oh well, it doesnt matter. I have 2K5 and 2K3 so im good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information