Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    Dan, I've seen every single Steelers game of Mike Wallace's career, and I can promise you that he is elite at one thing and pretty bad at everything else, and many Steelers fans have grown frustrated with him.

    I wouldn't hate Wallace coming here, but at the price he would command, I would hope he would be able to contribute more than a Ted Ginn plus hands minus return skills.
    Well, considering his yearly average stats, he must be the best in NFL history at doing just that one thing because you would think that defenses would shut him down by now but yet, they havent.

    As for what he would demand, its up to the team that makes him an offer. Granted, he doesnt have to accept it but he doesnt have to decline it either. I still think that he's worth the money more than V. Jackson, Colston, Garcon, Meachem, Manningham and every WR at or past 30.

    Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Moss flopped when he went to Oakland. He had Tom Brady in New England. That is why he was successful. He later flopped in Tennessee and Minnesota.

    Owens was not as good in Cincinnati and Buffalo because of the quarterback situation there either. And Miles Austin made letting Owens go actually look smart. They clearly didn't need him, and they still don't to this day. Because Romo is a good passer.

    We don't need guys like Owens or Moss, bordering on line of retirement on this team. There are plenty of FA receivers this year that are younger, and that are just as explosive, if not better at this point in time.

    All in all this is pointless because Owens and Moss aren't coming here. So you should just stop talking about it.
    Moss flopped in OAK because well, its OAK. He had an awesome run in NE and his first run in MIN. As for Owens, I was thinking more of Roy Williams who DAL traded for than Austin and Austin didnt do crap until Owens was already gone. And Owens had better stats in BUF and CIN than Roy Williams did. I personally think thats just sad but thats just me.

    Sorry, I wouldnt put any of those FA WR's ahead of Owens or Moss in their prime. Moss and Owens can dominate. None of the FA WR's can do that or have shown that ability.

    And I didnt mention about wanting either or both now. That was just for the playoff run. Its amazing how you and everyone else seem to miss that part of my damn reply.

    Comment


    • Breaking 49ers news from Adam Schefter:
      SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.
      Of course we have known that since about week 15.

      Comment


      • Moss flopped in Oakland because he had Kerry Collins throwing him the ball and then packed it in year 2. If Oakland had half the stability that the Pats had the situation would have worked itself out. NE did the smart thing on Moss and traded him a year early instead of being stuck with him a year too late.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          Breaking 49ers news from Adam Schefter:


          Of course we have known that since about week 15.
          Well, that certainly blows up my mock offseason. I didn't have WR as a need at all.















          /sarcasm
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            Well, considering his yearly average stats, he must be the best in NFL history at doing just that one thing because you would think that defenses would shut him down by now but yet, they
            Roethlisberger might be the best in NFL History of holding the ball for 15 seconds and waiting for him to get open long.

            Stop looking at stats and watch the Steelers.

            But Dan... Wallace would be great. he'lll just cost too much. Steelers likely to Tag him anyways.
            Last edited by phlysac; 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM.

            Comment


            • I saw something that said Jeff Fisher is a fan of Randy Moss, and that the Rams might sign him. I think it was profootballtalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Moss flopped in OAK because well, its OAK. He had an awesome run in NE and his first run in MIN. As for Owens, I was thinking more of Roy Williams who DAL traded for than Austin and Austin didnt do crap until Owens was already gone. And Owens had better stats in BUF and CIN than Roy Williams did. I personally think thats just sad but thats just me.

                Sorry, I wouldnt put any of those FA WR's ahead of Owens or Moss in their prime. Moss and Owens can dominate. None of the FA WR's can do that or have shown that ability.

                And I didnt mention about wanting either or both now. That was just for the playoff run. Its amazing how you and everyone else seem to miss that part of my damn reply.
                Wait, so when Moss flops in Oakland it's because it's Oakland and he had nothing to do with it? The fact of the matter is that he was also at fault as well giving up on the team and often appeared unmotivated. Oakland has been a doormat for some time there, but that isn't an excuse not to live up to your contract by simply refusing to try very hard when the team isn't winning.

                Everyone was questioned whether the Dallas offense would be able to function without Owens. And not surprising they did, because when you have a good quarterback that is a good passer, you can get around not having a top ten receiver. This is why you don't build around receivers in the first place. Regardless of who it was, the Dallas offense didn't miss a beat. And Miles Austin was buried on the depth chart, because the folks in front of him didn't necessarily do anything to lose their job until down the road and that is when Austin finally got his chance and he hasn't looked back.

                You say that any of the FA receivers haven't been able to dominate games like Moss and Owens did in their primes. Newsflash Dan, but Owens and Moss aren't in their prime anymore. You seem to be delusional and think otherwise. Keep holding on to that pipe dream though. Like I said, it doesn't matter. They aren't coming here and you aren't getting your way, so you might as well get the **** over it.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                  Moss flopped in Oakland because he had Kerry Collins throwing him the ball and then packed it in year 2. If Oakland had half the stability that the Pats had the situation would have worked itself out. NE did the smart thing on Moss and traded him a year early instead of being stuck with him a year too late.
                  Yeah, not interested in a has-been, one/two year rental that is going to pack it in when the going gets tough.

                  "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                  Comment


                  • Hope everyone appreciates just how great this guy is and how lucky we are to have him.....

                    http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...46&feedID=5884

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                      Hope everyone appreciates just how great this guy is and how lucky we are to have him.....

                      http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...46&feedID=5884
                      We just have to get him a Super Bowl now.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Looks like the Chiefs may be letting Brandon Carr walk and most likely place the franchise tag on Bowe.

                        The Kansas City Chiefs on Monday signed cornerback Stanford Routt, whom the Raiders recently discarded.

                        It's a move that is significant to the 49ers, too.

                        As ProFootballTalk pointed out, this likely means the Chiefs will not place the franchise tag on outstanding cornerback Brandon Carr. The Chiefs will likely fork over the expected $9.4 million figure to tag receiver Dwayne Bowe, instead.

                        So Bowe is another significant wide receiver who will probably not be on the open market for the 49ers to explore.

                        And without Bowe available, it might drive up the prices for the other receivers, most notably Vincent Jackson.
                        http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...60&feedID=5884

                        "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                        Comment


                        • Thats why I go after WR Mike Wallace for a five year front loaded deal that PIT cant match for the 30th overall draft pick.

                          I dont want to see us sign some crappy receiver or average receiver thinking he's going to be awesome. SF must sign a top tier receiver who can be the number one starter at WR on the outside. I'm actually hoping that some team gives up a 2nd for Grant so we can trade a 2nd and our 3rd to move back into the first if necessary for TE Coby Fleener. Then, I would trade Walker to the highest bidder.

                          I honestly dont think any of this will happen but im hoping because the team has two year window to try to win a SB because after the 2013 season, they have a decent amount of free agents including a good amount of starters.

                          Niners need to go all out to improve the offense. Defense wise, re-signing Brooks is the main priority and then Goldson. If we can keep ten of eleven starters on defense (Rogers being the exception) and add more offensive weapons with our kicker/punter/special teams, running game and defense, we should be better than this past season but the number one need has to be a top tier WR in FA and draft another receiving weapon.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                            Thats why I go after WR Mike Wallace for a five year front loaded deal that PIT cant match for the 30th overall draft pick.

                            I dont want to see us sign some crappy receiver or average receiver thinking he's going to be awesome. SF must sign a top tier receiver who can be the number one starter at WR on the outside. I'm actually hoping that some team gives up a 2nd for Grant so we can trade a 2nd and our 3rd to move back into the first if necessary for TE Coby Fleener. Then, I would trade Walker to the highest bidder.

                            I honestly dont think any of this will happen but im hoping because the team has two year window to try to win a SB because after the 2013 season, they have a decent amount of free agents including a good amount of starters.

                            Niners need to go all out to improve the offense. Defense wise, re-signing Brooks is the main priority and then Goldson. If we can keep ten of eleven starters on defense (Rogers being the exception) and add more offensive weapons with our kicker/punter/special teams, running game and defense, we should be better than this past season but the number one need has to be a top tier WR in FA and draft another receiving weapon.
                            You know high valued free agent receivers almost always never work out right? Temper your expectations. Philadelphia got the best corner on the market this past year and he underperformed.

                            And Braylon Edwards didn't do ****.

                            Rogers was not seen as a highly valued commodity when we got him and look what happened.
                            Last edited by Ness; 02-21-2012, 04:30 AM.

                            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              You know high valued free agent receivers almost always never work out right? Temper your expectations. Philadelphia got the best corner on the market this past year and he underperformed.

                              And Braylon Edwards didn't do ****.

                              Rogers was not seen as a highly valued commodity when we got him and look what happened.
                              A few things -

                              1) Edwards sucks and doesnt have the work ethic and conditioning to make up for it.

                              2) Asomugha is STILL the best cover corner in the league but its not his fault if PHI was stupid and decided to play him in this wide 9 or zone crap or whatever crap they were running. You dont take the best cover corner in the league and have him play zone. I'm not in the NFL and im intelligent enough to realize that when you sign/draft/trade (for) a player, you're supposed to use that player to the best of his ability and strengths while also hiding his weaknesses the best you can. PHI did the opposite with Asomugha.

                              3) Rogers excelled in a scheme that he fit and because of the front seven. He's 31 and I guarantee that if we pay him, he'll be Clements part two. If you're going to pay a player a lot of money and a long term deal, far better to sign a 25 year old who's just hitting his prime with a lot more upside and potential.

                              And while everyone here says that signing high profile receivers rarely works, I would to see a list of that last 5-8 years proving that because majority of top tier receivers dont leave their original team to begin with.

                              As for Wallace, I think that he'll do as good or better than what he did in PIT and here's why - Jim Harbaugh. He took Smith and made him play to his strengths while hiding his weaknesses. Wallace will not only get better and improve but Harbaugh will use him to his strengths and trust me, I have enough confidence in Harbaugh to make Wallace look like a top ten receiver if not better. Wallace has the speed, skill, talent, playmaking ability, work ethic, youth and team concept that makes him a rare breed. If you're going to take a chance on a WR, he's the best bet especially compared to guys like Bowe, Jackson and Colston because they're older and once they get their huge contract, they're done. Wallace would get a big contract but in five years, he could get an even bigger contract or an extension before then. That will motivate him. Being on a damn good team like SF will be great and not having an egomaniac like Roethlisberger will also help him.

                              People will blame Smith but he had no problems finding Davis when he was open. He'll find Wallace. Add Fleener and bam, our offense improves dramatically and drastically. No rookie WR at 30 is going to come in and start from day one. Those two or three guys will be gone long before we draft at 30 and quite honestly, a rookie receiver isnt what we need. We need a receiver who has already established himself, can start from day one and be our playmaker. Wallace to me is that guy and for the 30th overall draft pick, he would be a steal and far more valuable rookie because by the time the rookie becomes good, it wont matter because half our team will be UFA's and some will be gone and who's going to replace them? More rookies? That just means more rebuilding or whatever.

                              49ers have a chance and if the Cardinals get Manning and he plays half as good as he's been, we're in trouble. 49ers cant be chicken ***** and do nothing. Look at our 2013 off-season, we wont have the team that we have now. I would say that we have a two year window before the team has to rebuild and regroup some positions.

                              Going into 2012 with the receivers that we have now, some rookies or some average free agent receiver (ala Bryant Johnson, Brandon Jones, etc.) isnt going to improve our offense whatsoever.

                              I'm not looking for every major FA. Just Wallace and re-signing Smith, Brooks and Goldson will make me happy going into the draft. A backup like Jason Allen or Carriker or whoever would be great too but im not concerned about them. 49ers number one need is a top tier playmaking WR and thats what they better get if they sign a FA WR because otherwise, I just dont see the point.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                Dan has so much hate on Madden ha.Just calm down Dan.If Madden is all we got then so be it.It really wasn't that horrible in franchise mode.

                                I would love to see the QB vision come back from 05 and off season drills to work up your players or super star mode along with an intense rookie off season to work your way into starting position. but it will never happen.
                                Franchise mode is good but as usual, EA screws it up. In 12, going through the pre-season cutting fake non-existent players and then seeing some or majority of them remain over ACTUAL NFL players was the beginning of the end for me. As usual with EA, great idea, horrible execution.

                                Madden hasnt been any good since 2004/2005 and amazingly, those were the last two highest rated Madden's in the last decade. Sadly, Madden got better reviews when there was competition.

                                So be it? Not for me. I played M12 and im sorry, the gameplay still sucks. Game will never be great and there's a reason why I always played the alternative (Montana, Tecmo, GameDay, 2K) to Madden and that reason is simple - the alternative was easily and clearly a better game, more fun and addictive. Madden is none of that. Its just a rehash every year of the previous year. Minor adjustments are made and thats it. Until EA actually develops a new game engine from the ground up, the series will always be crap. Only reasons it sells is because of the exclusive license and because Madden's name is on the game. Sure as hell doesnt sell due to the quality of the game because thats well, non-existent.

                                And one of the best features ever in Madden was mini-camp which was a lot of fun and more fun than the actual games themselves but of course, EA focuses more on other stuff instead of bringing back something that was actually good.

                                Sorry but there's a reason why EA was the worst business company for 2011 - they suck and their games are even worse. UGH. Evil Empire. UGH. Wish they would go bankrupt. I would be so happy. One of the main reasons I hate EA is that they buy licenses or companies and either dont use them or kill them off. Its like, okay, what was the point in buying that? Take the ESPN license for example. They purchased the ESPN license for 15 years after they acquired the exclusive NFL license and seven or whatever the hell it is years later, im still waiting to see ESPN presentation in Madden. Sorry but EA is a joke of a company.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information