Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This hits the nail on the hit to when Dilfer is a company goon.

Asked for his view on what philosophical differences there could've been between Harbaugh and the front office, Dilfer opined that York and company wanted to change the culture.

When it was suggested that Harbaugh changed the culture to a winning one, Dilfer replied, "Did it win this year? Again, you have to have a long tail in this business. You have to be able to continue to relate to the younger player. You have to continue to inspire. You have to continue to energize and coach your coaches. You have to develop the players that are in your fastball lane, meaning the offensive players if you're Jim Harbaugh.
    LOL "but what about this year!?" LMAO sounds like a drunken idiot at a ball game. Newsflash Trent, not every season, even with a successful head coach, is going to be a Super Bowl, NFC Championship Game, or even playoff season. Bill Walsh didn't even make the playoffs one year. Chuck Noll, Bill Cower, Bill Belichick, Mike Holmgren, the list goes on and on.

I wonder what Trent had said regarding that question before the season started. The culture wasn't changed from 2011-2013? What a crackpot. Trent is just having a hindsight attitude. To think that the culture wasn't changed here recently is garbage. An 8-8 season doesn't change that. That is why everyone is so ticked off at this move. Harbaugh helped develop a winning culture.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      I'm certain Harbaugh taught his QBs alot. There are other positions on the roster.

And to be fair to Dilfer... in 2012 and 2013 Dilfer consistently emoted how amazing and creative he felt the 49ers running game and utilization of pistol was.

They stopped being creative with it and didn't consistently run the ball in 2014.

http://49ersnews.com/2013/01/trent-d...lmstudy-49ers/
      So what are you saying? That players from 2011-2013 that were previously on the roster didn't amount to anything when they got there? Weird. Guys like Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Joe Staley, and Delaine Walker picked up their game. Gee I wonder why that didn't happen under Singletary.

That just furthers my point on Dilfer. His insight is limited to what is happening right in front of him at the moment, and then reflecting back and relying on hindsight. I wonder what his arse will say if the 49ers go 6-10 next season when no one remembers this interview?

"Oh it's just a toxic environment. The entire franchise is toxic. Harbaugh instilled a winning culture and uhhh uhhh derp derp derp derp!!!!"
      Last edited by Ness; 12-30-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
        This hits the nail on the hit to when Dilfer is a company goon.

LOL "but what about this year!?" LMAO sounds like a drunken idiot at a ball game. Newsflash Trent, not every season, even with a successful head coach, is going to be a Super Bowl, NFC Championship Game, or even playoff season. Bill Walsh didn't even make the playoffs one year. Chuck Noll, Bill Cower, Bill Belichick, Mike Holmgren, the list goes on and on.

I wonder what Trent had said regarding that question before the season started. The culture wasn't changed from 2011-2013? What a crackpot. Trent is just having a hindsight attitude. To think that the culture wasn't changed here recently is garbage. An 8-8 season doesn't change that. That is why everyone is so ticked off at this move. Harbaugh helped develop a winning culture.
        He loved everything about what the 49ers were doin in 2012 and 2013. He hated it in 2014.

Sounds a little like me and most fans.

Comment

That just furthers my point on Dilfer. His insight is limited to what is happening right in front of him at the moment, and then reflecting back and relying on hindsight. I wonder what his arse will say if the 49ers go 6-10 next season when no one remembers this interview?

"Oh it's just a toxic environment. The entire franchise is toxic. Harbaugh instilled a winning culture and uhhh uhhh derp derp derp derp!!!!"
          You want Dilfer to provide foresight? He's a reporter. What you described: observation of what is in front of you and providing hindsight: is exactly what a reporter should do.

Comment

• It's amazing to me how quickly people's opinions on Harbaugh has chaned since he got a Gatorade shower and gave a touching presser on Sunday.

I don't hate Harbaugh, AT ALL. But it was beyond obvious in 2014 that something was terribly broken, and he is the man in charge.

Comment

You want Dilfer to provide foresight? He's a reporter. What you described: observation of what is in front of you and providing hindsight: is exactly what a reporter should do.
              Foresight. Making a prediction that isn't completely baseless and isn't completely due to hindsight. The 49ers will be better because Harbaugh is gone, even though they were **** for 8 years before he arrived. Wow great foresight Trent.

Comment

It's amazing to me how quickly people's opinions on Harbaugh has chaned since he got a Gatorade shower and gave a touching presser on Sunday.

I don't hate Harbaugh, AT ALL. But it was beyond obvious in 2014 that something was terribly broken, and he is the man in charge.
                He deserved another year. That's the point. The 49ers were **** for eight years. Harbaugh had this team in contention for a title for three straight seasons. He had a year where he and his staff had to deal with a lot of garbage that was beyond his control and he doesn't even get a flyby year to fix things?

Comment

• LMAO everyone going to task on Trent.

http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.p...lfers-comments

Comment

• Harbaugh didn't deserve a fifth year simply because he wasn't willing to make the changes necessary on his coaching staff when it comes to offense. He should have fired Roman during the bye week and move on from him. Now, he's taking Roman with him to Michigan. Honestly, im happy both are gone and hope they never come back.

Comment

He deserved another year. That's the point. The 49ers were **** for eight years. Harbaugh had this team in contention for a title for three straight seasons. He had a year where he and his staff had to deal with a lot of garbage that was beyond his control and he doesn't even get a flyby year to fix things?
                      He didn't want another year unless he was paid as much as Belichick.

He played a role in this, too.

Comment

He should have been paid as much as Belichick after the 2012 Super Bowl loss. York has loads of money. Harbs isn't under the cap. Who the F cares if he's overpaid.

If the Rooneys can give Bill Cower a contract extension after threes straight years and no playoffs before he won a title, Harbaugh can be compensated top dollar after bringing the 49ers to the Super Bowl. It shouldn't have even been a ******* question at the time.
                        Last edited by Ness; 12-30-2014, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• I'm already working on my mock draft and seeing who's a fit. Not how I saw the 2014 season....mock draft before Jan.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Johnubacon/statu...46353112334336

Jim Harbaugh told Hackett he did NOT want to be the highest paid coach in CFB, or even the Big Ten. More concerned with pay for assistants.
                            https://twitter.com/Johnubacon/statu...45762042626048

BREAKING NEWS: Straight from UM AD Jim Hackett. Harbaugh's salary will be roughly $5M a year, plus incentives, same basic contract as 49ers.
                            Doesn't look like money was a big factor here.

Comment

He should have been paid as much as Belichick after the 2012 Super Bowl loss. York has loads of money. Harbs isn't under the cap. Who the F cares if he's overpaid.

If the Rooneys can give Bill Cower a contract extension after threes straight years and no playoffs before he won a title, Harbaugh can be compensated top dollar after bringing the 49ers to the Super Bowl. It shouldn't have even been a ******* question at the time.
                              Well that's where me and you differ. He didn't deserve to be paid like Belichick then or now. Regardless what we were before he came, regardless of what another organization did for another coach. Cowher wasn't the highest paid coach in the entire league for those extensions so what's your point? Its not like they did NOTHING to try extend him or increase his 5.5 mil salary. They offered him a deal that would play him like Belichick IF he won. How is that being in cheap? Reportedly they offered a extenstion that increased his annual to 6.8 mil a year with incentives. That's not enough? Wasn't it Harbaugh who told the media "I make plenty of money"? So why not just sign the extension? You have a bias against the Yorks and that's fine, to each his own. But don't expect me to fall in line. I said last year that I didn't see Harbaugh lasting past his 5 year deal. This isn't the shock to me that it seems to be with alot of the fanbase. He isn't a coach meant to stay in one place too long. In four or five years, he'll be gone from Michigan too and back in the NFL.

Harbaugh is a complete control freak. He wants complete authority over every thing. I don't care if its never been reported that he wanted more power, I think he absolutely thought he earned the right to have final say over certain issues lilke the 53 and player discipline. And I think that's really where contract negotiations hit a snag. If you read any article or interview on Harbaugh, the first thing they always point to is his intense desire to control every aspect of his football team. His a micro-manager to the fullest. And with Baalke, he was never going to have ultimate say because Baalke holds those cards I think he knew this and he wanted out to get somehwere where he could. But he would never want it out there that he manipulated a situation to gain leverage. And he especially didn't want out there that he was ready to leave his players that he loves so much. But I dont beleive for one second that York and Baalke just got tired of him ran him out of town. Call me a kool-aid drinker or whatever else, that scenario is not logical in any way.

I also think Harabugh wanted his player's to play, no matter what he probably went against Jed and Baalke in regards to that. Like letting Aldon practice the same morning he got out of jail and then turning around and playing him the entire game the following Sunday when it was agreed upon he should suit up, but not play. That's also a topic addressed in the press conference and from what was said, you can gather that he and Harbaugh had different views on what to do with players who ran afoul of the law.

All of these and probably more lead to these guys parting ways. This isn't unprecedented though. Dungy built the Bucs up to a dominat team but it took firing him and hiring Jon Gruden for them to make it to their uultimate goal. Sure we owe a lot to Jim Harbaugh. But he isn't the only person responsible for turning this franchise around. He, along with Jed and Baalke were all first timers in their new positions in 2011 when this franchise turned things around. I'm confident they know what is needed to as the captain of this ship, to get us where we need to be. Its obvious we're never gonna see eye to eye on this so I'm just gonna leave this topic alone. Only time will tell if Jed and Baalke did the right thing or not. But I think Harbaugh forced their hand more so than ppl want to or care to believe.

Comment

• The Steelers can reward a coach for 3 straight years with no playoffs with no previous titles, but the 49ers can't reward a coach with an extension after making the Super Bowl in his first two years.

Says it all right there. This is why the Rooneys have the most championships and have had only had three coaches in like 100 years or whatever. And this is why the 49ers have been a joke for the majority of the Yorks tenure. I'll let folks live in ignorance though. And I will go to task on folks if the 49ers fail next season. Hell, everyone will.

By the way, look out coaches, if you don't win the Super Bowl in two years according to Jed your job is on the line! Revolving door of head coaching philosophy. Because that's the way to win titles! What a load of garbage LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information