Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon Bruce stomped all over Trent on his radio show. Dude went to task! Good. Fans deserve some answers and better clarity than what was presented at that stupid press conference.

http://media.957thegame.com/a/100489...m-harbaugh.htm

Brian Murphy also roasted Jed York on his weekly radio appearance. WHOO! Gotta give props to the bay area media. They're furious.

http://www.knbr.com/common/page.php?...1541&is_corp=0

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
      The Steelers can reward a coach for 3 straight years with no playoffs with no previous titles, but the 49ers can't reward a coach with an extension after making the Super Bowl in his first two years.

Says it all right there. This is why the Rooneys have the most championships and have had only had three coaches in like 100 years or whatever. And this is why the 49ers have been a joke for the majority of the Yorks tenure. I'll let folks live in ignorance though. And I will go to task on folks if the 49ers fail next season. Hell, everyone will.

By the way, look out coaches, if you don't win the Super Bowl in two years according to Jed your job is on the line! Revolving door of head coaching philosophy. Because that's the way to win titles! What a load of garbage LMAO.
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...will-the-49ers

People close to Harbaugh portray him as increasingly becoming disgusted—that was the word used by several team sources—with the 49ers front office.

This takes some careful explaining, and some of it is nuanced, but based on interviews with several sources close to Harbaugh, his departure from the 49ers came down to three main things:

His love of Michigan. Self-explanatory.

The behavior of his players. Several 49ers players became national news for alleged crimes, some of them ugly. One source explained that Harbaugh came to believe the behavior problem among players in the NFL is "almost impossible to fix." I've also been told—but still have been unable to totally flesh it out—there was a great divide between Harbaugh and the front office on how to handle players in trouble with the law. Harbaugh believes that in college he'd have more control over those issues.

He wanted total control.
      The first of those three reasons is the most important, but that last one is also vital. Harbaugh's clashes with the front office (and I'm told they were extensive and nasty), one 49ers assistant coach told me, "taught Jim a valuable lesson: that for him to be even more successful, he needs to have final say."

At Michigan, he likely will have final say over everything, from the players recruited to the brand of hot dogs sold at the games. To an uber control freak like Harbaugh, it will be heaven.

The Harbaugh-49ers divorce was a mutual act, and there is plenty of blame to go around. A talented, hot-head coach and an egotistical front office equaled great success (mostly) on the field. Yet Harbaugh's tenure was destined to be short due to Harbaugh's nature
      Both sides played a part in the breakup. I'm sure Harbaugh wanted to be here, to compete for the SB for years to come, but with a caveat- on his terms. And thats obviously up for negotiation. So i'm not sure this is a case of an evil FO pushing an angelic coach out the door.

Where i'm disappointing with the FO, is with the constant leaks to the media about Harbaugh losing the locker room. The gatorade bath, giving the game ball to Harbaugh at the end of the game on Sunday, etc, shows the players liked him. The story leaks, to me, did nothing but undermine the working relationships and were damage control to lessen the impact of the inevitable split.
      Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-30-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• After listening to Jed these last couple of days, I am beginning to understand why Harbaugh wanted out
        Last edited by edgrenade; 12-30-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• The "gatorade bath" and "game ball" at the last game was pure ****. Sorry, it's true. The players sure didn't play for him at the Rams home game. They didn't play for him at the Thanksgiving game. They sure as FUCCCK didn't play for him in Oakland. They laid down like fat pigs in those games. They didn't give a **** until the last game. Then all of a sudden they care so much? Pure bullsh!t. Believe it if you want.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
            The "gatorade bath" and "game ball" at the last game was pure ****. Sorry, it's true. The players sure didn't play for him at the Rams home game. They didn't play for him at the Thanksgiving game. They sure as FUCCCK didn't play for him in Oakland. They laid down like fat pigs in those games. They didn't give a **** until the last game. Then all of a sudden they care so much? Pure bullsh!t. Believe it if you want.
            With those 3 games you're talking about (and basically any game this year). I see it as more of incompetence by the coaching staff and players, and i dont think necessarily that equals not playing for your coach (and your teammates and team itself). We did ourselves no favors with the offensive scheme and thats been in an issue in every game of the year except for maybe the 1st rams game.

I just think the rumors of him losing the lockerroom were overblown, and likely a smear campaign by someone in or connected to the FO. Thats the main issue i have with all this.
            Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-30-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• It's okay, nothing Pep Hamilton can't fix

(I'm on the Pep bandwagon till we hire our next coach)

Comment

• It was obvious in the numbers and grading out that some players continued to grind like hell for the team and Harbaugh (and their contract situations) and others just checked the f*** out. Many players didn't pass the eye test when watching the games this season, especially the 2nd half; their effort and intensity just weren't there. Post game press conferences just had them all saying 'we have to play better' and 'get it right,' yet there was not much sincerity behind the remarks.

I'm so unbelievably pissed at VD. He had a front-loaded contract and is still a top-3 highest paid TE this year yet holds out and then comes back, doesn't look to be nursing any serious injury nor has he appeared to lose a step and he's almost worthless in the passing and blocking game, dropping balls on key plays and showing little to no effort blocking (where he's graded out very well the last several years). Kap looked to be reading defenses better and going through his progression (often to the 3rd option and sometimes the 4th) the first few weeks of the season and then he suddenly stopped; started staring down receivers and mainly his first (or preferred option) on each play again. The O-Line had some injuries, which definitely was a catalyst in Kap being sacked so many times, but even consistently dominant players like Iupati, Boone and Staley had forgettable games.

Sad to see JH go as he is a good coach and the Niners were so close to getting #6 if it wasn't for a sluggish first half in the Super Bowl and a couple of non-fumble calls in key situations (Bradshaw, Lynch), this team easily could have had 3 straight SB appearances and one would think that they would have brought home at least ONE ring.

As far as my HC picks, I like the idea of keeping Fangio, promoting Tomsula to DC and pairing him with an OC that can put our personnel in the best places to have success. If not Fangio, then among the younger 'up and coming' HC candidates without prior experience, rolling the dice on Pep Hamilton seems to be as good a bet as any. It will be interesting to watch but I'm disappointed in all parties (FO, JH, underachieving players, overreacting media/fans) that this has all unfolded like this after being so close to the top, knowing how long we all waited for our chance to be back among the elite.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  It's okay, nothing Pep Hamilton can't fix

(I'm on the Pep bandwagon till we hire our next coach)
                  He isn't being considered apparently. It's going to be Bowles, Quinn, McDaniels, or Shanahan probably. FML. Shanahan I'll be okay with though. And I wouldn't even mind Vic Fangio being promoted.

Comment

• Jed is putting his arse on the line big time right now. The 49ers need to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years top in order for this decision to make any sort of justification or things for him will just get worse. He can say it was mutual all he wants, but Harbs earned the right to do as he pleased and have an off year. We were getting results. Why was Jed getting into philosophical discussions about football anyway? Let the coach do his thing. If it was about keeping Greg Roman I don't even care. He should have gotten another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      He isn't being considered apparently. It's going to be Bowles, Quinn, McDaniels, or Shanahan probably. FML. Shanahan I'll be okay with though. And I wouldn't even mind Vic Fangio being promoted.
                      He's not allowed to be considered yet. Niners are interviewing every coordinator of the bye week teams. They can interview the other coaches on monday.

Comment

He's not allowed to be considered yet. Niners are interviewing every coordinator of the bye week teams. They can interview the other coaches on monday.
                        Oh that's true. Still, I don't think we'll get him.

Comment

• I'm actually coming around to the idea of Josh McDaniel as the HC.

I think we have guys like Patton, Ellington that would fit nice, and someone like Carrier could be the "Aaron Hernandez" type player.

The personnel here would fit well with his system. Other than Moss, they don't usually have a dominant WR for that system to work.

- Just saw this in Maiocco's chat: "I spoke to a coach who said to me, 'Vernon looked disinterested this season.'"
                          Last edited by edgrenade; 12-30-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I made this real quick

Comment

I made this real quick

Comment

I'm actually coming around to the idea of Josh McDaniel as the HC.

I think we have guys like Patton, Ellington that would fit nice, and someone like Carrier could be the "Aaron Hernandez" type player.

The personnel here would fit well with his system. Other than Moss, they don't usually have a dominant WR for that system to work.

- Just saw this in Maiocco's chat: "I spoke to a coach who said to me, 'Vernon looked disinterested this season.'"

And Derek Carrier? LOL meh. He's the next Jed Weaver.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information