X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Here's an idea -

Sign Suggs to play OLB and if we can get him for a steal, Robinson to start at CB and move Smith to FS.

Then, draft the best available RT at 10 and there ya go.
    If it happens this way i would be floored as well as stoked.
    “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Suggs wants to stay in Baltimore and talked about taking a discount to stay. So I highly doubt he comes here. Robinson may get tagged by Hou. So I dont see either guy leaving.

What do you guys think about Huff when/if he is cut?
      I think he could be a nice compilation prize if we miss out on Atogwe.
      He struggled in Oakland but does anyone hold that against him?

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
        Suggs wants to stay in Baltimore and talked about taking a discount to stay. So I highly doubt he comes here. Robinson may get tagged by Hou. So I dont see either guy leaving.

I would love Huff, but I doubt we go after him after signing Williams.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          I would love Huff, but I doubt we go after him after signing Williams.
          Really? If we signed Williams at the minimum, I can't see too much downside to having two projects at FS to work with...

Comment

• I don't think they'll make him an offer. If they do, great; if not, don't be shocked if he ends up in like Dallas, as he is from Irving.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• My dream (yet realistic) off-season:

Free Agency:

1. Oshiomogho Atogwe, S from the Rams
              Causes lots of TOs, starts at FS.

2. Leonard Weaver, FB from the Seahawks
              Good runner, blocker and receiver.

3. Nate Washington, WR from the Steelers
              Deep threat that could compete to start.

NFL Draft (W/the assumption that we will receive a 5th and 6th round compensation pick):

1. BJ Raji, NT Boston College
              We've needed a Nose Tackle since moving to the 3-4. Stars from day one. Still worth the pick even in the 4-3.

2. Connor Barwin, OLB Cincinnati
              Huge project who could be a huge steal. Platoons with Haralson while developing.

3. Jason Watkins, OT Florida
              You can't lead the league in sacks and not address the OL. But JTO is much to blame and a year with Snyder at RT would still make us competitive. Watkins starts in a year or two.

4. Curtis Painter, QB Purdue
              Sits as the third QB, but hopefully will start in the future. Good backup if Smith develops. Low risk.

5a. Andy Kemp, OG Wisconsin
              Or the best OG available. Good fit for a power run game though. Will be the forth OH behind Rachel, Baas and Wragge.

5b. Morris Wooten, ILB Arizona St.
              Move Brooks outside and develop Wooten to play next to Willis after Spikes is gone. LB core: OLBs: Lawson, Haralson, Barwin and Brooks ILBs: Willis, Spikes, Ulbrich and Wooten.

6a. Gartrell Johnson, RB Colorado St.
              Big, underrated RB who could push for a spot on the 53 man roster.

6b. Jeremy Navarre, DE Maryland
              Depth on the Dline. Most likely on the practice squad.

7. Quinten Lawrence, WR McNeese St.
              Future deep threat, but needs to develop.

This is all subject to change once the combine and pro days help sort these guys out.

What do you all think?
              Last edited by thediggler3030; 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Isnt Floyd a RFA? If so, I'd hate to give up picks for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Isnt Floyd a RFA? If so, I'd hate to give up picks for him.
                  Hmm, good call. my post has been updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                    Hmm, good call. my post has been updated.
                    Ot needs to be adressed before round three.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I think Huff would be a good signing at the minimum if he wanted to come play here. I think he was used incorrectly in that defense and given a shot could be a good acquisition. And the williams signing does not change the chances too much
                      “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                        Ot needs to be adressed before round three.
                        I disagree. According to Yahoo.com, O'Sullivan was sacked 32 times in 9 games. In the 8 games Hill started, he was sacked 21 times. Not amazing, but Hill also showed his ability to deal with those sacks. Hill only lost 2 fumbles, vs. O'Sullivan's 6.

Projected over a full season we would allow 42 sacks with Hill starting. That would rank us still 9th worst in the league. Keep in mind this is with Mike Martz calling the plays and a line that never really had time to gell with JTO playing.

But we also only recorded 30 sacks while on defense, and have done little to improve that. Haralson cannot be our best passrusher forever.

I think given time with a real QB and OC, our line could easily play better on its own. Watkins played well in the Senior Bowl and has experience at RT. Snyder is good enough to start and Simms can still act as an adequate back up. If not, I would still have confidence playing a third round 2-year starter from the SEC Offensive Tackle on the right side.

That being said, I would not be opposed to switching the OLB and the RT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I just think we have neglected out passrush in both drafts and FA year in and year out. Other than Lawson what have we really invested there? Banta-Cain and a few middle rounders? COME ON!

Comment

• I agree JT maybe took a lot of sacks and made the O-line look worse then it is. But its not just about pass protection. If the Niners want to be a run 1st team they have to improve the RT position and get a strong mauler-type RT in there. The rest of the line is/will be very good. I like Haralson at OLB more then I like Simms or Snyder at RT. I personally would put a pass rushing OLB 4th on the need list behind RT, Dominant NT aka Raji (he is the only player I would look at for this position), and FS.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02
                            Suggs wants to stay in Baltimore and talked about taking a discount to stay. So I highly doubt he comes here. Robinson may get tagged by Hou. So I dont see either guy leaving.

Wouldnt mind signing Huff but at a good cheap price. I wanted him back in 2006 more than Vernon Davis.

As for Suggs, what he says and does are two very different things. I'm just hoping that BAL tags Lewis so we can at least have a shot at going after him.

The Jordan Gross situation is going to be interesting because CAR can only tag him or Peppers and from what I read, Gross is going to take a wait and see approach.

Comment

• Frankly, in the Suggs matter, all we've got going for us is the Sing. factor. What he says and what he does might be different but neither of those involve SF.

Comment

• I don't think we have a shot at Suggs. They'll tag Suggs, let Lewis do whatever and either re-sign Suggs or trade him.

As for Peppers and Gross, I don't have an interest in Peppers. He's a 4-3 DE and I don't have confidence in his ability to pass cover nor do I think it would be wise to pay him to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL at his age. Carolina will probably tag Gross and let Peppers go.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information