Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's only 3 arb years though so why he's getting an extra one?
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• They were discussing a 3 or 4 year deal but obviously ran out of time before the trial was supposed to start, agreeing only on the 2 year deal. I'd like to see the Giants lock him up longer too, but this at least gets him the raise he's earned and gives them time to negotiate a long term deal. I also think they want to have Zito and Rowand's contracts closer to coming off the books before they give big money to Timmy and Cain.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        There's only 3 arb years though so why he's getting an extra one?
        Because he's a "super 2". Trust me, he doesn't hit FA until after 2013.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          Because he's a "super 2". Trust me, he doesn't hit FA until after 2013.
          Ahh that's right. I forgot about the Super 2 status. Thanks Borat.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Opening Day is always great! Saw the Giants in Spring Training here in AZ a few times in March and they looked pretty good. I'm optimistic about their chances to win the NL West this year and think they have the pitching to definitely make a run in the playoffs should they get there. Hope their great record in the preseason carries over to the regular season. Go Giants!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
              I'm optimistic about their chances to win the NL West this year and think they have the pitching to definitely make a run in the playoffs should they get there.
              so, outside kung fu panda, who's going to be getting bringing in runs? we have a horrible offense

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                so, outside kung fu panda, who's going to be getting bringing in runs? we have a horrible offense
                They signed Huff and DeRosa to add some power to the middle of the lineup - both are former 30/100 guys who could help add a spark. Also, John Bowker has earned the Opening Day RF spot over Schierholtz (who is know for mainly for his D and that he is a local Bay Area product) as he had a very strong Spring Training, highlighted by a 7 RBI day against the blue Jays.

It's not a sexy lineup but it has a decent mix of veterans and younger, emerging players that could develop some chemistry and get enough runs for the dominant pitching into consistent wins. They're on ESPN2 today in 30 mins (6ET) with Timmy on the mound against Oswalt. We'll see what happens. :)

Comment

• We have the pitching, we just need another power bat behind Pablo. IDK if we have that

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    We have the pitching, we just need another power bat behind Pablo. IDK if we have that
                    If they start well, they can be buyers before the trade deadline for a bigger bat than they signed through FA. In the meantime, we need career seasons from players like Freddy Sanchez, Rowand, Huff & DeRosa to help maximize their value.

Comment

• good showing for opening day. even if the astros are terrible.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        good showing for opening day. even if the astros are terrible.
                        They certainly are making Zito look damn good tonight :D Lets hope that lasts for while this season lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                          They certainly are making Zito look damn good tonight :D Lets hope that lasts for while this season lol.
                          Yeah, Zito Giants career has been laughable (and sad) but he had a really good second half last year and I believe he can put up good numbers for a #2-#3 starter in the NL. If Cain gets some run support to push his win total, he'll be the best #3 starter in the league IMO. DeRosa looking really good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            Yeah, Zito Giants career has been laughable (and sad) but he had a really good second half last year and I believe he can put up good numbers for a #2-#3 starter in the NL. If Cain gets some run support to push his win total, he'll be the best #3 starter in the league IMO. DeRosa looking really good so far.
                            The thing with Zito is we NEVER give him any run support. They said on air tonite that in 60% of his starts as a Giant we gave him 2 runs or less of support. But when you give Zito 4 runs or more he is like 123 and 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
                              The thing with Zito is we NEVER give him any run support. They said on air tonite that in 60% of his starts as a Giant we gave him 2 runs or less of support. But when you give Zito 4 runs or more he is like 123 and 6.
                              That's a really interesting stat. Thanks. I do think its partially his pitching lol. I think that's been an issue with every pitcher so far as well.

Run support is clearly a huge issue, though I'm glad Sabs didn't overspend for a rundown hitter. I think they should stay patient and give Bowker a goddamn chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
                                Yes, but like all Giant pitchers, run support has been an issue the last few years. :( Look at Cain's run support - it's among the very worst in the league over the last two years! Zito's confidence dipped a little in previous years and he's admitted that the contract has put added pressure on him. The emergence of Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez has actually taken some pressure off of him and turned the pitching rotation into more of a friendly competition, which has been good for Zito. He'll never truly earn his contract from the Giants, but it would be nice to get a couple productive years out of him before it's up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information