Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we need a bat for the middle of the lineup that isn't significantly passed his prime, and Hanley Ramirez seems to be unhappy in Florida, I say we bring him out West to join the G-Men. He's got a big salary as he's signed long term, but not a huge one for the superstar he is. Let's give up Bumgarner in a package to get em. It'd be worth it as we could use a major upgrade at SS.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• they would never trade Hanley Ramirez for something worthwhile

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I know, but it's great just to think about it. What a great fit he'd be on the Giants. At least Torres has been swinging a great bat lately. I hope him and Shierholtz continue to progress.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• oh my god win a ******* game. 5 in a row? gtfo.

Comment

• Aye. This has been a painful week for the G-Men and their fans. They need a legitimate bat (or really two) to help this team get to the playoffs. I was optimistic with their FA signings, but DeRosa with his surgery (that he apparently knew didn't go well) has been a bust and Huff has been good, but not what they really need at 1B. Combine that with the Panda's slump and horrible patience/pitch choice at the plate, and the outlook to get to the playoffs isn't good. The ****ing Dodgers just blew by them in the standings. Hate it!

Comment

• Posey might be called up manana:
              http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extraba...san-francisco/

Excited to see him get some ABs, wonder where Boch bats him in the order.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Posey might be called up manana:
                http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extraba...san-francisco/

Excited to see him get some ABs, wonder where Boch bats him in the order.
                Batted 6th and went 3-for-4 with three RBIs. Great beat down of the D-Backs to celebrate the Posey promotion. Boche acknowledged that it might be a temporary stay for Posey but he should get to play 5 days a week while he's up.

Comment

• BUSTER!!!!

Comment

• I like the Chris Ray deal. We get a decent mid-relief guy in exchange for a guy who is no longer needed thanks to Buster.

Comment

• Man, the giants have been frustrating to watch recently.

Torres, Sanchez, Huff, Burrell, Uribe, and Posey have all been great and are all playing at a playoff contention level, but guys like Rowand, Sandoval, and the Starting rotation have been really hurting us lately.

Hopefully someone in that rotation will spark some fire and get the rest of the rotation rolling as well. (I'm really hoping Bumgarner will get that spark).

Thank God we god rid of Bengie, he was decent during his time here, and i think he managed the best starting rotation in baseball very well, but everytime i saw him running around the bases I cringed at his speed.

Comment

• Molina was his slowest ever at the plate and around the bases this year, which is sad to say. He indeed could call a good game but with the starters slumping, Buster in waiting, Whiteside proving he can be a good spot-starter, and the fact that they got some value for him, it was time for Molina to go. His leadership will be missed but it's time for a youth movement.

The crappy thing is that if the Giants keep losing over the next two weeks, they'll be sellers all the way before the trade deadline, instead of buyers. If they can just find a way to make the playoffs, I think they have the kind of team that can win, anchored by the great pitching.

Comment

• Last night's win made up for last year's Rockies game SF dropped. That was AWESOME! Hand Posey the ROY.

Comment

• Bochy has his moments. Awesome move when he called out Mattingly.

Comment

• Yeah, last night's win was, umm, full of WIN.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Bochy has his moments. Awesome move when he called out Mattingly.
                                If Donny Baseball is gonna ever make the move to full time skipper, he better stop making brain fart mistakes like that.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information