This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 & 2012 & 2014 World Champion San Francisco Giants Discussion

It seems like every other team forum has an equivalent baseball team thread, so why not us?

I'll start this thread of by displaying a pic of my favorite Giant as a kid.

Last edited by Borat; 10-29-2014, 11:49 PM.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Grrrrrrr. I'm going to end up busting out a ton of rants in this thread.

Just for funzies, I'll post my infamous sig:

The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Will Clark is my all-time favorite Giants player and lol @Borat - I forgot about that sig.

Edit: I should say that Will Clark is my favorite Giants player that I have seen play. Its hard to go against the guy named Willie as the all-time favorite. Wish I could have seen him play.
      Last edited by farfromforgotten; 05-18-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I hate the Giants but I like some of the players.

JT Snow was my all time favorite Giant.

Rob Nenn was one of my faves and the reason why I wore 31 in baseball from 2nd grade to 11th.

Comment

Nen's slider was filthy. That ***** would drop a couple of feet and make batters look silly. Loved Nen.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I started a thread like this before but I think it upset a few guys because they're like Dodgers/Angels/A's fans or fans of non-CA teams.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I started a thread like this before but I think it upset a few guys because they're like Dodgers/Angels/A's fans or fans of non-CA teams.
              I like the Dodgers.. uhhh ohhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                I like the Dodgers.. uhhh ohhhhhh
                You have syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  You have syphilis.
                  You have Swine Flu

Comment

You have dysentery

/Oregon trail

Comment

OK, enough - ENOUGH!

Who is your favorite young Giant? By young I meran mnor leauges to less then 2 years of pro ball experience.

Mine is Buster Posey. He's a catcher at "A" - San Jose now. His average is not where it was in college, but his power-stroke is still formidable.

Comment

Pitcher wise, it's Madison Bumgarner. Hard throwing lefty. Just got moved up to AA. He'll be in SF within 2 years. Tim Alderson is badass too. The rotation in a couple of years should be God, Cain, Bumgarner, Alderson, Zito. That's sexy as hell, except for the albatross at the end.

Hitting wise, gimme Angel Villalona. He hit 17 bombs last year as a 17-year old in A ball. He's hitting well in San Jose this year. He's a couple of years away as well.

As for Posey, I like him a lot as well. He's been slumping lately though. He spent the first month of the season hitting just under .400 and is now down to under .300

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          Pitcher wise, it's Madison Bumgarner. Hard throwing lefty. Just got moved up to AA. He'll be in SF within 2 years. Tim Alderson is badass too. The rotation in a couple of years should be God, Cain, Bumgarner, Alderson, Zito. That's sexy as hell, except for the albatross at the end.

Hitting wise, gimme Angel Villalona. He hit 17 bombs last year as a 17-year old in A ball. He's hitting well in San Jose this year. He's a couple of years away as well.

As for Posey, I like him a lot as well. He's been slumping lately though. He spent the first month of the season hitting just under .400 and is now down to under .300
                          God he has been terrible since crossing the bay.

Comment

Can I talk about the Dodgers here?

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              Can I talk about the Dodgers here?
                              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Well, unless you want to talk about Manny and his limp noodle.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information