Step 2 of 4. Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step 2 of 4. Green Bay

Discuss the upcoming weeks game vs. the Packers in Green Bay.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

I think we have what it takes to beat the Packers. Jennings, Trufant, Grant, and Babs are gonna be an important part of this game since they have to deal with such a good receiving core.

Peterson should eliminate Donald Lee as a threat and Grant wont get **** running. It is really up to how Hasselback plays. He hasnt fared well against his own team. I would really like him to stop taking so much shots downfield but rather just throw to the checkdown reciever.

Hopefully we use Weaver a little more this game and Mo is gets better with each carry (dont get me started on sean).

If you look at our teams we are basically the same. Defenses are used to going against these offenses in practice so I dont expect a crazy high scoring game. It should come down to big plays on defense, special teams play, and coaching.

Seahawks 27, Green Bay 20.
    Originally posted by STARHEATHER
    the only hot actreeses are adult
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
    Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
      I think we have what it takes to beat the Packers. Jennings, Trufant, Grant, and Babs are gonna be an important part of this game since they have to deal with such a good receiving core.

Peterson should eliminate Donald Lee as a threat and Grant wont get **** running. It is really up to how Hasselback plays. He hasnt fared well against his own team. I would really like him to stop taking so much shots downfield but rather just throw to the checkdown reciever.

Hopefully we use Weaver a little more this game and Mo is gets better with each carry (dont get me started on sean).

If you look at our teams we are basically the same. Defenses are used to going against these offenses in practice so I dont expect a crazy high scoring game. It should come down to big plays on defense, special teams play, and coaching.

Seahawks 27, Green Bay 20.
      I agree that it is really going to be up to how hasslebeck plays. I was confused during the game why they didn't go to morris and weaver more. I mean Alexander was clearly not running effectively and it would have made sense to use those guys since they run so differently.

One key reason why I believe that we win this game is experience. Yes, they have Bret Farve, but after him there is next to no playoff experience on the offense and very little on the defense. Although you never know what can happen when Farve has the ball in his hands.
      Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Plus, you know Coach Holmgren is going to be fired up since last time we went to Lambeau in the play-offs ended like this:
        Matt: We'll take the ball, and we're gonna score.
        (2 minutes later)
        PICK 6.
        but i think favre is gonna be deadly like always in the play-offs and this game will not be a blow-out either way unless Matt screws up badly.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
          I agree that it is really going to be up to how hasslebeck plays. I was confused during the game why they didn't go to morris and weaver more. I mean Alexander was clearly not running effectively and it would have made sense to use those guys since they run so differently.

One key reason why I believe that we win this game is experience. Yes, they have Bret Farve, but after him there is next to no playoff experience on the offense and very little on the defense. Although you never know what can happen when Farve has the ball in his hands.
          Good thing Holmgren knows Favre better then he knows himself.

What matchups are you guys worried about? I am mostly worried about Kelly Jennings on Ruvell Martin (6'5) and Donald Driver. I think he can handle speedsters like Greg Jennings. But Drivers routes will trouble him and Martins height.
          players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /

Comment

What matchups are you guys worried about? I am mostly worried about Kelly Jennings on Ruvell Martin (6'5) and Donald Driver. I think he can handle speedsters like Greg Jennings. But Drivers routes will trouble him and Martins height.
            yeah plus a play is never dead with favre, so Jennings needs to cover the entire play or else favre could do something crazy. We need to pressure more than anything.

Comment

Definetly the height differential between our corners and come of their receivers, especially in the red zone and on 3rd down. Ultimately it's going the pass rush is going to have to get to favre early and often in order to give the corners a shot.
              Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Peterson should eliminate Donald Lee as a threat
                If you want to keep Peterson in coverage go right ahead. That'd be a big help to us. Plus Bubba's back now, and while he's not as good as he once was, he's still a decent option and a good redzone threat.

and Grant wont get **** running.
                Based on what? Grant was the second leading rusher behind only LT in the second half of the season. The Seahawks run defense isn't amazing or anything. He also rushed for 120 yards against the #1 ranked Minnesota run defense, the only player to go over 100 on them.

Hasn't been that big of a help in past meetings. Sure it's more than most coaches have, but it's not really much of an advantage. What's he going to say to the defense? That Favre's inpredictable and will give you a couple chances for INTs each game. Nothing new there.

Why would you put your #2 corner on our 4th WR? Maybe in the redzone, but then you let Greg Jennings on a backup.

Marcus Trufant-----Donald Driver
                Kelly Jennings------Greg Jennings
                Jason Babineaux----James Jones
                Brian Russel--------Ruvell Martin
                Deon Grant--------Koren Robinson

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                Definetly the height differential between our corners and come of their receivers, especially in the red zone and on 3rd down. Ultimately it's going the pass rush is going to have to get to favre early and often in order to give the corners a shot.
                Our WRs aren't really that tall with the exception of Martin. The average when you take him out is like 6'. We can put some serious height in on double tight formations with Franks(6'6") Lee(6'4") Martin (6'4") and Driver(6'0"). I'd like to see that more in the playoffs. It's something we haven't been able to do since Franks was injured most of the season, but that can be deadly in the redzone.

Anyway, always nice to be able to talk with the oppossing side a bit. I wasn't expecting there to be any Seahawks fans around.

Comment

. I think he can handle speedsters like Greg Jennings. But Drivers routes will trouble him and Martins height.
                  Greg's speed? The lack of speed was his knock coming out of college. The guy is fast, but not overwhelming. I don't know if he can be described as a "speedster". He is a good WR because of his route running.

Anyways, this should be a close game, I look for it to come down to one possession.

GB should win this game in overtime, thanks to Matt.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Greg's speed? The lack of speed was his knock coming out of college. The guy is fast, but not overwhelming. I don't know if he can be described as a "speedster". He is a good WR because of his route running.

Anyways, this should be a close game, I look for it to come down to one possession.

What are you taling about? Greg Jennings' speed was never questioned. He's not the fastest guy in the league, but he's still pretty damn fast.

Comment

^ When I brought up the Martin vs Jennings it was mostly Redzone. I have seen the Packers come out with two wide outs, him being one, inside the 5 yard line and just running fades. When the Hawks run zone Martin can be in Jennings zone. #1 corners dont always cover #1 WR.

I think the Seahawks can handle Grant. Look at Portis yesterday. He was the hottest runningback in the NFL and we stopped him. You guys run a ZBS if I am not mistaken and against our fast defense it doesnt work well.

I agree with you on the Peterson on Lee thing just if Leroy Hill cant handle him.(He did pretty good on Cooley, so I think he can handle Lee)

I am interested what you think the final score will be?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUysttnNcj4

Heres Mel Kipers take on Jennings says he can stretch the field and has great deep speed.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          What are you taling about? Greg Jennings' speed was never questioned. He's not the fastest guy in the league, but he's still pretty damn fast.
                          Ahh yes it sure was. It wasn't implied that he was slow or anything, but it wasn't his largest attribute either. Which is why i choose to mention it when his speed was claimed to be what helps him and Driver was the route runner . Want some video evidence, go watch the Rams games last year where they talk about it for a good portion of the game. I remember when we drafted him to that his knock was running " only" a 4.5. You're right he is pretty damn fast, but not a " speedster". His routes are what make him, Robinson even compared his routes to Harrison, who he coached earlier in his career.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUysttnNcj4

Heres Mel Kipers take on Jennings says he can stretch the field and has great deep speed.
                            Are you deaf? He says " he has deep speed" not" he has GREAT speed"

they get smoked.

Comment

Are you deaf? He says " he has deep speed" not" he has GREAT speed"
                              Okay I misunderstood what he said, still deep speed is pretty damn fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information