Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walter Jones Announces Retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walter Jones Announces Retirement

    This is a really sad day for Seahawks fans. Arguably the greatest LT of all time and the best Seahawk, probably ever, is calling it a career.

    http://twitter.com/BJRTH

    Thanks for everything Walt.
    Video games keep me sane

    University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

  • #2
    Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
      Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?
      No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.
      Video games keep me sane

      University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by summond822 View Post
        No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.
        I think they knew they needed something permanent there with or without Jones' announcement (not official yet by the way). I think they have to go with a tackle either at #6 or the latest #14 barring some sort of trading down that may just well occur. All these mocks i see with Sam Bradford going #6, i feel like kicking the computer when i see that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
          Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?
          LT was still our second biggest need whether Walter Jones gave it a try or not. No one was expecting him to be much of a factor if he even managed to play this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years. Not a bad year to need a LT though, while not quite as top end quality as last year the Seahawks could legitimately have a shot at every OT in the draft depending on what Detroit, Washington and KC do.


            BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

            Comment


            • #7
              He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

              Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK
                I really don't think this has any effect on Pete Carrol's board. I doubt he was counting on getting anything out of big Walt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great player, always been one of my favourites in the division.

                  Seahawks were probably targeting a tackle with one of their firsts regardless but it wouldn't have hurt to have Walt around to tutor the new recruit.

                  Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                  Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years.

                  Tough to impress when he hasn't played a game in a year and a half.
                  Last edited by Stranger; 05-01-2010, 04:23 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                    He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK
                    I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.
                      I really want to get that extra first next year...and trading down 4-5 spots and picking up a first next year would be an amazing move by the seahawks. Get right into that range for the value of LT & BPA at 14.
                      Video games keep me sane

                      University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Too bad. Walter Jones is one of my favorite players ever. I am from just outside Vancouver (Canada) so I got to watch a ton of Seahawks games. I loved Walter Jones. One of the great lineman of this generation. Future HOFer and one of the great LT to ever play the game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It became official today...damn it I'm getting all emotional...

                          Walter Jones is without a doubt the greatest Seahawks player of all time. I just wish he could have gone out on top...
                          Video games keep me sane

                          University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for everything Walter. Top 3 tackle ever.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                            Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              San Diego Chargers #17 Philip Rivers 50TH Anniversary NFL Jerseys .Philip Rivers San Diego Chargers Name and Number Rugby jerseys, made by Reebok the official authentic on-field producers of NFL apparel and jerseys. Jacob Hester and 17 are printed on the back in authentic font. Officially licensed NFL National Football League.NFL Hologram Sticker Adult Sizing.NFL into AFC and NFC.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information