Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dorsey and Carriker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dorsey and Carriker

    Everyone talks about how drafting Dorsey moves Carriker to DE, couldn't we keep Carriker at NT and have Dorsey replacing Glover at the UT, giving us an awesome young tandem up the middle?
    Mizzou #4

    I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell

  • #2
    Are you guys really playing Carriker at NT?

    no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      Are you guys really playing Carriker at NT?

      no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?
      Yes they really are, and he played well. You couldn't tell by the stats, but the defense was a lot better this year. The DT's, Witherspoon, and the secondary minus Chavous were all bright spots. With that being said, I would mind drafting Dorsey. I think Ryan may have a bright future, but not drafting Dorsey because of him would be questionable.

      My Big Board for the Rams, assuming they stay at two:
      Chris Long
      Glenn Dorsey
      Jake Long- not real excited about him though

      I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

      Comment


      • #4
        Actually once Ryan began to emerge, Carriker saw more time as the under tackle.

        But I agree, I'm not keen on drafting Dorsey when we already have a first round pick UT on the roster. And I don't like the idea of moving Carriker to DE in the 4-3.

        Comment


        • #5
          Clifton played well, but I'm not 100% sold on him. How would you feel about a trade back into the 7-10 Area and picking up Sedrick Ellis, he is considered a strong pass rushing DT, which we certainly need a passs rush
          Mizzou #4

          I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell

          Comment


          • #6
            ...I'd rather just stay put and take Chris Long. ;)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              Are you guys really playing Carriker at NT?

              no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?
              Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.
                Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

                BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right
                Last edited by fenikz; 01-23-2008, 07:15 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That would be a crazy combo in the middle. Probably could grow into a line like Jacksonville.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

                    BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right
                    Yeah, that was Fakhir Brown, or else the Rams were running the questionable D of putting an O-lineman in coverage.

                    I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

                      BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right
                      Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

                      Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                        Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

                        Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.
                        Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job
                          Obviously you think playing Carriker at NT is a bad idea, looking at your previous quote.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think he would be a much better fit at UT or LDE, it would be like putting Chris Long at NT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Carriker and Chris Long, then Gholston and Carriker, then Dorsey, then Jake Long

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information