Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAMBEAST View Post
    its pretty clear that we won't be drafting a WR in the first
    That's basically what my question was suggesting. :)

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
      That's basically what my question was suggesting. :)
      I gotcha ;) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
        Why do we draft a first round receiver after spending $30 million in free agency on the position?
        Well Ginn could be an impact right away in the return game, something worse then our D.

Secondly Bruce has only a few years left and Holt is in his 30's. So Ginn would contribute as a number 4, while learning form to of the best and being groomed to take over Ike's position once he is finished. Similar to drafting Jackson a few years ago
        Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_23 View Post
          Well Ginn could be an impact right away in the return game, something worse then our D.

Secondly Bruce has only a few years left and Holt is in his 30's. So Ginn would contribute as a number 4, while learning form to of the best and being groomed to take over Ike's position once he is finished. Similar to drafting Jackson a few years ago
          there is nothing worse then our defense, and good return men can be found later in the draft, we are set at WR for now and in Linehans offense the 4th receiver hardly sees the field ...................the pick should be defense

Comment

Originally posted by RAMBEAST View Post
            there is nothing worse then our defense, and good return men can be found later in the draft, we are set at WR for now and in Linehans offense the 4th receiver hardly sees the field ...................the pick should be defense

I dont disagree that defense should be first priority, but if ginn is easily the best value at 13 take him
            Mizzou #4

Comment

So we're going to spend a Top 15 pick on a #4 receiver who will also return punts?

One of the reasons we signed Bennett to such a big deal is because we envision him being the guy who is going to take over for Bruce when he calls it a career. Holt is 31 years old and has quite a lot left in the tank, we don't need to spend first round picks planning for life after Torry at this point.

This is in no way similar to when we drafted Jackson. In 2004 when we drafted Jackson, we'd already spent two seasons watching Marshall Faulk struggle through injuries and remain generally ineffective as a feature back. Holt and Bruce have shown no signs of slowing down and being less productive.

Comment

drafting a WR on the firs day is dumb unless someone really good is still on the board

Comment

Stewart Bradley won't make it out of the 2nd. This draft is very thin at the SAM position, and he's the best one in the draft. Someone will reach for him, probably in the mid 2nd.
                  My teams:
                  St. Louis Rams
                  Michigan Wolverines
                  Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

I notice no one talks about CB when you guys dont really have much after Tye Hill. Fisher is gone. Fakhir Brown and Butler are nickel backs, Bartell is probably gonna end up at safety. What about the idea of picking Leon Hall in the 1st if the preffered options are gone? Or maybe a CB like Josh Wilson in the 2nd.

Comment

I don't see Bartell moving to safety, but if you heard it somewhere, then idk. I don't think he's gonna move this season. Fakhir Brown isn't even that bad...at times. But no, I don't think I'd want us to waste a first round pick on a DB. And my vote counts a lot...since i'm working in the rams front office...from home. It's a special program.

Comment

If several key positions are filled in FA, then I wouldn't mind another first round CB if the FO feels the guy is the best player available. Robaire Smith is in town right now. If they sign him, that could take care of the NT problem.
                        My teams:
                        St. Louis Rams
                        Michigan Wolverines
                        Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                          I notice no one talks about CB when you guys dont really have much after Tye Hill. Fisher is gone. Fakhir Brown and Butler are nickel backs, Bartell is probably gonna end up at safety. What about the idea of picking Leon Hall in the 1st if the preffered options are gone? Or maybe a CB like Josh Wilson in the 2nd.
                          Brown is an adequate starter and should be fine with a better pass rush. Hill obviously fills the other starting role. I think Bartell secured himself into the nickel role at the end of last year, so corner really isn't much of a need for St. Louis.

Comment

Garret Wolfe is the guy I was thinking about out of northern illinois, I think he'd be a real good change of pace/ returner
                            Mizzou #4

Comment

Garret Wolfe is the guy I was thinking about out of northern illinois, I think he'd be a real good change of pace/ returner
                              With the signing of Travis Minor I don't think the Rams will take a RB, unless they have filled all of their needs.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Nebraska's pro day was today and Linehan was Present, Carriker ran a 4.72 at 291lbs, he could be a very high prospect on the rams draft board, he would immediately improve the defensive line, I hope he is the pick at 13 if Willis, Branch, Adams and Anderson are gone

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information