Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rams' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rams' 2008 Draft

    The 2008 Draft is finally here!

    It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the St. Louis Rams in finding good players to help the team for the future.

    Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

  • #2
    It looks like we will take Chris Long. LOVE the pick. He was defntly #1 on my list, but I would have been fine with Dorsey. But Long is a great selection. And hey our first game is @ the Eagles on FOX, Howie went to Villanova which is in Philly, FOX pregame show from our game in week 1?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey! Good pick...i thought id comment, cus there aint many Rams fans! :)

      Comment


      • #4
        how dare you Jakey, Chris Long should be the pick but i don't believe any rumors now because it's all ******** IMO

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
          how dare you Jakey, Chris Long should be the pick but i don't believe any rumors now because it's all ******** IMO
          IDK, Smith and Schefter have both reported it, so I think Long is ours!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by yodachu View Post
            IDK, Smith and Schefter have both reported it, so I think Long is ours!
            I'll believe it when the Comish calls his name

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
              I'll believe it when the Comish calls his name
              Just as long (that isn't a play on words), calls that we select Dorsey or Long, either way, I AM HAPPY!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not going to believe anything until I see Goddell at the podium, but I'm hoping today's reports are right and Long is the guy!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Chris Long is our man!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    YAY HoWIE'S SPERM!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Love it. Absolutely love it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congrats on Chris Long, Rams fans!

                        The team just added a franchise defensive end, he'll wreck some havoc like Merriman but without the syringes. The guy is Peyton Manning on defense imo, his work ethic will influence the team.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Chris Long on Sirius Radio after being picked by the Rams. Notes on interview transcribed by me:

                          -Most exhilarating moment of his life.

                          -Found out he'd be the pick when everyone else did. "What's up with that? *laughter*?" Said it was an adrenaline rush.

                          -Slept fine last night, knowing he didn't have to wake up real early.

                          -When he met with Haslett a while ago, said Haslett was excited about things he could do with Long. Said he talked to Linehan after the pick was made and thanked him, Linehan went to bat for Long and wanted him in St. Louis according to Chris

                          -Chris says he was the calmest one at his table, family going to give him a heart attack

                          -Howie is in better shape than he was an hour ago, biggest emotional roller coaster for Howie watching his son get drafted.

                          -Excited to be part of our D-line with Little and Carriker, first thing he wants to do is earn respect and show he's worth the pick with work ethic and performance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                            Chris Long on Sirius Radio after being picked by the Rams. Notes on interview transcribed by me:

                            -Most exhilarating moment of his life.

                            -Found out he'd be the pick when everyone else did. "What's up with that? *laughter*?" Said it was an adrenaline rush.

                            -Slept fine last night, knowing he didn't have to wake up real early.

                            -When he met with Haslett a while ago, said Haslett was excited about things he could do with Long. Said he talked to Linehan after the pick was made and thanked him, Linehan went to bat for Long and wanted him in St. Louis according to Chris

                            -Chris says he was the calmest one at his table, family going to give him a heart attack

                            -Howie is in better shape than he was an hour ago, biggest emotional roller coaster for Howie watching his son get drafted.

                            -Excited to be part of our D-line with Little and Carriker, first thing he wants to do is earn respect and show he's worth the pick with work ethic and performance.
                            This kid has a great head on his shoulders.

                            Tom Jackson said he's going to be better then Howie and Russ Lande (sporting news) said he will be better then Jared Allen and Aaron Kampman.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why the Rams liked Chris Long
                              By Jeff Gordon
                              04/26/2008 2:54

                              Rams coach Scott Linehan pointed to the intangible qualities he brings to the team.

                              “He just brings energy and life to the building,” Linehan said. “At the end of the day, he was just what the doctor ordered.”

                              Here were some other highlights from the media briefing:

                              –The Rams were locked in on Chris Long for some time. Only Jake Long — and not Glenn Dorsey — could have moved the team off that pick.

                              –The Rams did not pull away from Dorsey because of medical concerns. “There wasn’t anything to make us stay away from Dorsey,” personnel czar Billy Devaney said.

                              –Other teams inquired about the second overall pick, but no team wowed the Rams with an offer.

                              –Keeping Adam Carriker at defensive tackle was another reason to take Long. “I like playing guys where they play,” said Linehan, proving he’s no Mike Martz when it comes to the draft.

                              “Adam made great strides there,” Linehan said. “I’d like to see Adam more in the ‘3′ technique.”

                              –Although Long played defensive end in the 3-4, as Carriker did, the Rams believe he can line up wide in the 4-3 and become an effective pass rusher.

                              –The Rams expect Long to start and become a three-down player, working equally well against the run and the pass.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information