No announcement yet.

The Official Rams 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Thomas is reporting that the Rams have former Falcons RB Jerious Norwood is "in house!" Not sure if that's just a visit or signed, will add confirmation when it's available.
    Last edited by NGSeiler; 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Would still prefer Brown or Snelling, Norwood has talent but there's issues yet again to be concerned about. Summed up well with this quote I think.

Jerious Norwood is visiting St Louis. Norwood has game changing ability, but to a change a game you kind of need to be in the game. Hes brittle and wont offer much help as a third down back as hes not exactly a stud with his blitz pick up.

Comment

• More from Howard Balzer...

Originally posted by HBalzer721
        RB Jerious Norwood at Rams' walkthough this morning. Nothing official yet, but he worked out and took a physical yesterday.
        24 minutes ago
        Originally posted by HBalzer721
        Even with him, Rams would be in the market for another back.
        24 minutes ago

Comment

• St. Louis Post is saying Cadillac Williams has surfaced as a #2 option for the Rams. Is it me, or is every back remaining on the market being mentioned as a possibility for us? My guess is Daveany is just throwing out veteran minimums to these players hoping he can snag one. Not a bad idea considering the age of the backs being mentioned.

Osi Umenyiora is seeking a trade. What would you think about the Rams making a move for him? It would probably require a 2nd round pick. Not sure I like the idea of giving up a pick that high, but he would make our DE rotation one of the very best in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfry View Post
            Osi Umenyiora is seeking a trade. What would you think about the Rams making a move for him? It would probably require a 2nd round pick. Not sure I like the idea of giving up a pick that high, but he would make our DE rotation one of the very best in the league.
            I would have been interested had the Rams not drafted Quinn. At present, I don't see much of a reason to give up a second round pick and a $10 million a year contract to Osi when the Rams have Long/Quinn for the future and Hall for the present.

Comment

• Ronnie Brown signs with Eagles. I'm starting to get a bit concerned as there aren't many decent options left.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfry View Post
                Ronnie Brown signs with Eagles. I'm starting to get a bit concerned as there aren't many decent options left.
                Do you mean to say Jerious Norwood doesn't have you jumping for joy? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                  Do you mean to say Jerious Norwood doesn't have you jumping for joy? ;)
                  (Queue Stevie Wonder) "Norwood is signed, sealed, delivered; he's OURS!"

Good signing, great depth and all, but we still need one more RB to help Mr. Jax out. Someone like Cadillac Williams or -still- Jason Snelling would do just fine, thank you.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
                    Rams agree to terms with RB Jerious Norwood. Nice change of pace back to pair with Jackson
                    57 minutes ago
                    Good signing right now. Great signing if we get a true backup running back.

Comment

• Looks like the Rams are close to signing Cadillac Williams.

On a side note Marc Bulger is set to retire.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• Cadillac has officially signed with the rams.

We couldn't ask for more this offseason.

Got a future stud defensive end in the draft, and a top 5 talent in the entire draft. Got Sam some good weapons to work with. Hired an offensive genius. Filled all the holes that needed to be filled. Got Harvey Dahl an absolute monster at guard. Finally filled the backup running back role with two quality players. Got the two most overlayed players on the team to restructure their contracts..:...

Bill Devaney has done a marvelous job this offseason and gets an A+ from me. I don't think I've been this excited for a season since 2001.

Comment

• Queue Stevie Wonder redux: Cadillac is SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED, HE'S OURS!!!!

Great job by Billy and the FO. I'm ready for some...FOOTBALL!!!!

Comment

• Cadillac Williams is one of those guys I feel so sorry for, those injuries have turned what looked an incredibly exciting player into pretty much a shell of that player. I think at best he's average as a runner now. That's one scarily brittle backfield though. My fear is we end up running #39 even further into the ground.

As for Bulger, good luck to the guy. He got David Carr syndrome so bad after that very good, but brutal '06 season.

Comment

• I am very pleased with this offseason as well.

I think we brought in starters in Dahl, Mikell, and Bannan.

Sims-Walker has a chance to start and be a huge factor.

While I am not enamored with either Diles or Poppinga, they both have experience and have one thing in common...both played poorly in the 3-4 system they came from. Neither one cost an arm or a leg, and I think the idea is that they were misplaced in a 3-4 system and may thrive in the 4-3. If that is the case then we may be pleased with the move in the long run.

I really like the Al Harris signing, even if he is at the end of his career. I think we have a lot of talent in our secondary, but what we could really use in a heavy infusion of swagger back there. He will definitely bring that to the table!

Between Norwood and Cadillac, I think we should get through the season. Neither is electrifying, but they should carry us for one more year. You can only add so many pieces so quickly. I like the fashion in which this team has been built, and I think we are going to see a lot of fruition from what appear to be uninteresting moves.

Comment

• I think FA has gone pretty well, started really well, but some since then I just think won't work out at all. Mikkel and Dahl are great pick ups. Bannan's decent, Sims Walker could work but I think his past performances have been massively over hyped. Diles was mince last year, but was apparently pretty decent the year before, so maybe I was a little harsh on him. Poppinga is OK as well, just has general health concerns, Al Harris is 37 coming off an injury plagued year, if he is an upgrade why not spend some time going after Carlos Rogers who's perfect for the nickel position anyway? Muir is a terrible pick up imo, both Williams and Norwood have serious health issues, and Williams I think just looks a shell of the player he was.

I'm closer to B than A if I were to grade FA alone. I think generally in the Spags/Devaney era the positions they target are generally spot on, I just think sometimes they could do with trying a bit harder to bring some genuine proven talent in. Rather than taking flyers on low risk, low reward guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information