Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency/Trade Market

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Losing out on Fells really hurt their TE situation.

    Leonard Pope would be a cheap pick-up that they could try to turn into a decent depth TE...

    Comment


    • i think the olsen trade could be a draft day thing. i think its gunna happen sooner or later.

      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

      Comment


      • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E

        I remember Ben Watson.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
          I remember that play, I'll forget about Ben Watson in a few years.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • He wasn't the receiving threat we thought he would be, but I liked him honestly. He turned into a underrated blocker and was a smart team player, he might not have lived up to his expectations and talent but he was a model citizen and solid player. With no receiving skills.

            Comment


            • This is all very true, but still, never turned into the threat we needed him to be. He was especially weak on the goal line, something we could have really used some help with both this year and last.

              R.I.P. Junior Seau

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                I remember that play, I'll forget about Ben Watson in a few years.
                Really didn't need to be reminded of the Denver screwjob... Thanks, Don! That was a ******* safety!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  Really didn't need to be reminded of the Denver screwjob... Thanks, Don! That was a ******* safety!
                  It would have been a touchback and therefore patriots ball. I'm ok with that call, but the phantom PI earlier was just plain ridiculous. But I digress...

                  Watson was underrated, yet he still underperformed. He wasn't as bad as some made him out to be, but at the same time he didn't do much.
                  Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                    It would have been a touchback and therefore patriots ball. I'm ok with that call, but the phantom PI earlier was just plain ridiculous. But I digress...

                    Watson was underrated, yet he still underperformed. He wasn't as bad as some made him out to be, but at the same time he didn't do much.
                    You're right, touchback.

                    With Watson, I've always wondered if it's just that they never tried to get him involved in the offense. While I can't disagree that he underperformed, he was rarely targetted. Same for Graham before him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      You're right, touchback.

                      With Watson, I've always wondered if it's just that they never tried to get him involved in the offense. While I can't disagree that he underperformed, he was rarely targetted. Same for Graham before him.
                      i betcha some things will change if we acquired olsen. there is no doubt they will be targeting him all over the field.

                      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                      Comment


                      • It's not that I didn't like Watson, it's just that he was a completely unreliable receiver. Ben always seemed to get stone hands at the worst possible moment. I think Brady knew it and that is the reason Ben wasn't more involved in the offense. Not because the system doesn't call for him to be involved, but because Brady didn't trust him enough to keep him involved.

                        We will likely miss him this year, though, but that's mostly because we now have exactly zero tight ends on the roster.

                        Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                        Comment


                        • Shawn Andrews is out there. I really think we should be in the market for him.

                          R.I.P. Junior Seau

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Shawn Andrews is out there. I really think we should be in the market for him.
                            That was my first thought as well. But it should be as a backup, I have no confidence in him being healthy enough to start every week. However, he would be a beast of a backup! But at this point, I'd rather start Neal.

                            Originally posted by ElectricEye
                            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                            Comment


                            • The Patriots won't sign Shawn Andrews. Too many question marks regarding his durability and maturity and on top of that he's not really the type of lineman we have in New England either.

                              Comment


                              • I would have liked to see NE go after Stacy Andrews if he left Philly but not Shawn. The guy doesn't seem to care about football at all. He's played 2 games in 2 years, 4 games? No thanks.

                                Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information