2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Patriots Draft

So... With the 2010 NFL Draft in the books it's time to look ahead to next years draft, where the Patriots have two selections in each of the first two rounds. SI.com has just published their first 2011 NFL mock draft, which is very premature. But I'm posting it because that Patriots draft is just insane! :D

2011 NFL Mock Draft

Post your thoughts about the 2011 NFL Draft here.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Wow. That is a hell of a draft. I prefer Jones to Green, but besides that I would be thrilled. The name of the game next year is WR and DE, but Romeus is a hell of a value. Crick is a guy I have my eye on entering next year. He probably won't tear it up as much without Suh, but with a little bit of weight he's an excellent 3-4 DE canidate. Dareus is also a guy to keep an eye on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I liked Crick next to Suh, but I'm always a bit weary of the "sidekick". It's a lot easier looking great when you play next to a player like Suh, so I'm going to look real hard at him next season. I want him to be dominating, although not at Suh's level, if we're going to select him. I like Green over Julio, but any of them will do.

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I wouldnt complain with green. Doesn't Jones have durability concerns?

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

So who are the best 5-tech prospects? I'm thinking we'll be in that market.

And probably OLB / pass rushers . . . how about them?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

The 5-tech class is going to be amazing next year. I'd say these guys are all top 15 talents, might not get drafted that way but they all have every skill you could look for in a 3-4 end

1. Cameron Heyward Ohio St.
            2. Marcel Dareus Bama (Jr.)
            3. Adrian Clayborn Iowa
            4. Allen Bailey Miami
            5. Jarret Crick Nebraska

Then you could throw in Marvin Austin (UNC) and Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson) as possibilities, they have unreal talent but 5-tech might not be there best fits.

DE/OLB has some nice prospects, not too many top guys right now but I'm sure some players will step up.

1. Robert Quinn UNC
            2. Greg Romeus Pitt
            3. Von Miller TAMU

5-tech and WR will be absolutely loaded next year, which is amazingly convenient.

Comment

Prediction-

They trade Oaklands first(10-15 range) to the low to mid 20s and pick up another 2nd.
              With the first of their picks, either their own or the traded pick in the 20s they take a 5 technique. I'm thinking Clayborn.
              They then trade the next first into the early second and pick up a 4th.
              A RB like Ingram will fall to the second as will one of the WRs(I remember seeing mocks with Benn, Williams and LaFell all in the top 20 last year)
              They will take a RB and a WR in the second.
              They will also trade another 2nd for a future 1st.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I think we'll still be looking for OLB's next year, and definitely RB's and OL's. Possibly WR's depending on how Tate and Price look this year.
                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
                  I think we'll still be looking for OLB's next year, and definitely RB's and OL's. Possibly WR's depending on how Tate and Price look this year.
                  Yeah I want a WR, but we have invested some pretty good picks on WR's the last two years in Tate and Price. There are some big talents at WR this year, but I wouldn't put it pass the staff to not take a wideout if they like the young guys. We have a lot of young depth at some positions we all see as needs, but we will see who steps up and that is what the staff is waiting for too. It is so hard to speculate what we will do come draft day, especially 360 days early haha

Comment

Tate and price are not number ones though. They're number twos.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Price actually could be a top receiver, he has a lot of talent. Kind of in the Greg Jennings mold, might not be that good, but could be that type of receiver. We do have a lot of slot types though in Welker, Edelman, Tate, and if you want to say Price you could throw him in there.

I'm hoping we get Julio or Green, I think they are rare receiving prospects. I like Floyd, Baldwin, and Brown a lot too. They all have the ability to be stars in the NFL, but it's hard to speculate on where we go. I'd love to see one of those guys in a Pats uni.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        I'm hoping we get Julio or Green, I think they are rare receiving prospects. I like Floyd, Baldwin, and Brown a lot too. They all have the ability to be stars in the NFL, but it's hard to speculate on where we go. I'd love to see one of those guys in a Pats uni.
                        Honestly, I would take any of those guys with a top ten pick and not think twice, except maybe Floyd.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Floyd is a great talent but I love Julio the most. Green is right behind him, he is an absolute monster. Julio doesn't have the production that some of the others have, but he is such an amazing all around talent. Bama is a run first offense anyways and Julio has a blanket over him all game, I don't know who I would compare him too. Probably Andre Johnson. I think all of those guys are can't miss prospects, this could be the best receiver class ever.

Comment

The 1996 NFL Draft says hi.

Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Muhsin Muhammad, Amani Toomer, Jermaine Lewis, and Joe Horn (according to wiki). But still, the receiving class next does look insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                              The 1996 NFL Draft says hi.

Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Muhsin Muhammad, Amani Toomer, Jermaine Lewis, and Joe Horn (according to wiki). But still, the receiving class next does look insane.
                              This class has every bit as much potential to be good. It's absolutely disgusting the amount of talent that's in this class, even outside of the guys mentioned. Miami's receivers, Malcolm Williams, Ronald Johnson...the list goes on. Tons of top end talent, tons of depth.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 04-29-2010, 12:41 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information