No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I absolutely love C.Heyward for us. This is exactly who BB wants in terms of build.
    With us, I think he has the potential to be Seymour 2.0. I'd love to have him on the team
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      I absolutely love C.Heyward for us. This is exactly who BB wants in terms of build.
      With us, I think he has the potential to be Seymour 2.0. I'd love to have him on the team
      I agree. That easy fit would be hard to go away from. But we've been looking to get more athletic lately and Jordan would be a very bold move towards that direction.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        I absolutely love C.Heyward for us. This is exactly who BB wants in terms of build.
        Except Seymour could rush the passer.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Mike Reiss reported the other day that we played in some kind of sub package 57% of the time. This will not go down well in the offseason review for Belichick. With the fact that he stresses the importance of being a three down player, sometimes a four down player(as with McCourty last year) I don't think he will draft a player highly if he doesn't believe he can be a fixture in our base defense. A lot of the problems caused were through injuries, especially along the defensive line, however I believe he will target someone who can make an impact on any play regardless of down or distance.

This is why I believe he will pass on some DE/OLB tweeners such as Von Miller/Robert Quinn if they were available. The 5 techniques are interesting though. Both Jordan and Watt don't seem the type to play in the 2 gap defense but I think both are more than capable. Heyward is a perfect fit and next IMO would be Ballard. It would be interesting to see if BB overdrafts a guy like Ballard at the end of the first due to his fit.

At OLB I see the early options being Kerrigan and Houston. Aldon Smith needs to prove he can hold the point of attack before BB would touch him in the middle of the first.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Von Miller would be a 3-down player for the Pats. He looks pretty comfortable in pass coverage already and can be moved all around a defense to create mismatches a la Clay Matthews. Houston and Kerrigan would be 2-down players for at least a few seasons.

Comment

• Miller will be dominated by athletic tackles in the running game.

Besides, there is no way the Patriots get Miller now. His stock exploded. Robert Quinn is the best the Patriots can hope for. They have to hope Kerrigan, Watt, Miller, etc go up and force guys like Quinn down.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                Miller will be dominated by athletic tackles in the running game.

Besides, there is no way the Patriots get Miller now. His stock exploded. Robert Quinn is the best the Patriots can hope for. They have to hope Kerrigan, Watt, Miller, etc go up and force guys like Quinn down.
                That's exactly why I don't like him in NE. I think he could be a beast in other 3-4 systems where the primary responsibility is to rush the passer. But he's not nearly physical enough to set the edge in the running game, which is very important to BB (since he's always talking about it I guess). i don't think we have a shot at Quinn either. He's going to blow up the Scouting Combine and solidify himself as a top 5-8 player I think. I could still see us getting Kerrigan though. If you think about it, who's going to go higher than Kerrigan?

Da'Quan Bowers
                Robert Quinn
                Von Miller
                Cam Jordan
                Aldon Smith

So for Kerrigan to be off the board one in every three (actually more) would have to be a DE, and that's not even counting DTs (Dareus & Fairley) and QBs (Newton & Gabbert (Mallett & Locker too)). That a major run on DL and imo not very likely. We will have shot at drafting an impact player, BB just needs to pull the trigger this time. I'm actually starting to expect him to move up if somebody like Quinn falls out of the top 10. Althoug BB has a habit of letting me down on draft day....

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  Von Miller would be a 3-down player for the Pats. He looks pretty comfortable in pass coverage already and can be moved all around a defense to create mismatches a la Clay Matthews. Houston and Kerrigan would be 2-down players for at least a few seasons.
                  ??? Im not sure how I can agree with any of this. Miller can rush the passer and drop into coverage. But can he take an OT on to set the edge in the running game? I really don't think he can.

As for Houston and Kerrigan I have full confidence that both are able to set the edge and have both proven to be able to rush the passer. Houston has also shown the ability to dorp into coverage.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    Except Seymour could rush the passer.
                    Heyward doesn't have any issues rushing the passer. Not sure how you could really say that even relative to Seymour. ****, he nearly eclipsed Sey's college career total last year. He's not the athlete Jordan is, but for a guy his size with his type of game he doesn't have any issues being a factor in the passing game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      Heyward doesn't have any issues rushing the passer. Not sure how you could really say that even relative to Seymour. ****, he nearly eclipsed Sey's college career total last year. He's not the athlete Jordan is, but for a guy his size with his type of game he doesn't have any issues being a factor in the passing game.
                      Richard Seymour was the nickel UT. If Heyward does that in NE, I'll eat my words. I wouldn't mind Heyward, but I wouldn't take him at 17. I'd love to have him and Robert Quinn (or Von Miller maybe . . . which I think is worth the risk at times)

I think Cameron Jordan is closer (as an overall player) to Seymour than Heyward is, but in terms of run stopping and absorbing blockers (two very important things) I think Heyward is closer.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• If there is a 3-4 DE we take at #17, I would only want Cameron Jordan, but beyond that at 28 and beyond, guys like JJ Watt, Cameron Heyward, Muhammed Wilkerson all make sense for our scheme and the value of the pick there.

I really hope we go OLB to start out, and then DE, cause I feel the top of the draft is more DE/OLB prospect heavy then later on.

Combos that would be good for me for DE and OLB in this draft.
                        Jordan/Houston
                        Jordan/Reed
                        Quinn/Heyward or Wilkerson or Watt
                        Smith/Heyward or Wilkerson or Watt
                        Kerrigan/Heyward or Wilkerson or Watt
                        Miller/Heyward or Wilkerson or Watt

I'd say the 2 most possible out of that group are the Smith and Kerrigan ones. Or maybe the Jordan/Houston or Reed combos.

Another thought, although we love mocking the Pats -- I don't think we will be keepign both 28 and 33 and drafting there, I think at least 1 of our top 3 picks gets traded to move up or down or into next year.

Comment

• I'm all about Jordan/Reed right now. I really like Heyward and think he's a very complete DE, but if we get a shot at Jordan we have to take him. Watt is still very much in play for me too, but he's been overtaken by a few guys since the Senior Bowl. He'll have a chance to make that up at the combine.

Pretty confident we can get some real player in here if we sit with those picks though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I really can't see R.Quinn dropping to us but man, it'd be a dream come true.
                            I update my mock again... with that very same scenerio happening...
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• It's in play right now but very much an outside thing. We may well pass on him if he's there too due to character concerns.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• That's pretty much been my thinking. Even if Quinn fell to the Pats, would they not also pass? The only time I ever remember them biting on someone that everyone else passed on was Wilfork.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information