No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, something tells me the front office would not be cool with a guy who directly let down his team with his actions off the field. It's the old Cameron Newton debate on a smaller scale.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ...and Meriweather. Remember, he was part of the Mia/FIU incident.
      We still grabbed him... I think BB has shown he'll grab someone regardless of character concern.
      C.Dillon and R.Moss can be added to that list...
      BB trusts the leadership in the locker room to fix any and all problems of that nature (character issues)
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I would want us to do our homework on him for sure though and check out every little detail about him. I want us to know what brand of toothpaste the dude uses if we consider drafting him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          ...and Meriweather. Remember, he was part of the Mia/FIU incident.
          We still grabbed him... I think BB has shown he'll grab someone regardless of character concern.
          C.Dillon and R.Moss can be added to that list...
          BB trusts the leadership in the locker room to fix any and all problems of that nature (character issues)
          Meriweather didn't really slip in the draft. He went about where or a slightly earlier than he was projected.

Dillon and Moss were free agents who were disgruntled because they were on **** teams.

Comment

• I thought I'd make a list of players that I think the Patriots may target either via the draft or UFA for all positions:

QB Andy Dalton, TCU
            QB Greg McElroy, Alabama
            QB TJ Yates, North Carolina
            QB Ricki Stanzi, Iowa
            QB Nathan Enderle, Idaho

RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
            RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois
            RB Demarco Murray, Oklahoma
            RB Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State
            RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas State
            RB Graig Cooper, Miami (FL)
            RB Evan Royster, Penn State
            RB Bilal Powell, Louisville
            RB Roy Helu Jr, Nebraska
            RB ANthony Allen, Georgia Tech
            RB Delone Carter, Syracuse
            RB John Clay, Wisconsin
            RB Alex Green, Hawaii

WR AJ Green, Georgia
            WR Julio Jones, Alabama
            WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh
            WR Torrey Smith, Maryland
            WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)
            WR Titus Young, Boise State
            WR Greg Little, North Carolina
            WR Niles Paul, Nebraska
            WR Cecil Shorts, Mount Union
            WR Vincent Brown, San Deigo State
            WR Austin Pettis, Boise State

OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College
            OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
            OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova
            OT Lee ZIemba, Auburn
            OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
            OT James Brewer, Indiana
            OT Joseph Barksdale, LSU

OG Marcus Cannon, TCU
            OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State
            OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
            OG Danny Watkins, Baylor
            OG John Moffit, Wisconsin
            OG Zach Hurd, Connecticut
            C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
            DE Cameron Jordan, California
            DE JJ Watt, Wisconsin
            DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
            DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama
            DE Muhammed WIlkerson, Temple
            DE Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson
            DE Lawrence GUy, Arizona State

NT Phil Taylor, Baylor
            NT Stephen Paea, Oregon State

OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina
            OLB Aldon Smith, Missouri
            OLB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
            OLB Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma
            OLB Brooks Reed, Arizona
            OLB Jabaal SHeard, Pittsburgh
            OLB Cliff Matthews, South Carolina
            OLB Sam Acho, Texas
            OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
            OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
            OLB Justin Houston, Georgia
            OLB KJ Wright, Mississippi State
            OLB Tom Keiser, Stanford

ILB Martez Wilson, Illinois
            ILB Mark Herzlich, Boston College
            ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
            ILB Scott Lutrus, Connecticut

CB Patrick Peterson, LSU
            CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
            CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
            CB Jalil Brown, Colorado
            CB Kendrick Burney, North Carolina
            CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville
            CB Shareece Wright, USC
            CB Justin Rogers, Richmond

S Ahmad Black, Florida
            S Da'Norris Searcy, North Carolina
            S Quinton Carter, Oklahoma
            S Shiloh Keo, Idaho
            S Rahim Moore, UCLA

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Meriweather didn't really slip in the draft. He went about where or a slightly earlier than he was projected.

Dillon and Moss were free agents who were disgruntled because they were on **** teams.
              I didn't say Meriweather slipped... I said he was part of that fight and had ? marks about his character going into the draft.
              Point is that we took guys who were labled with character issues.
              BB trusts his locker room to rectifiy any issues. So if you have talent to contribute, he'll sign you

Comment

...and Meriweather. Remember, he was part of the Mia/FIU incident.
                Obviously, you don't want fights, but going out to fight with your team-mates with how that brawl was going down, I as a coach could understand it.

That's not the same as disqualifying yourself because you felt you should be paid and are above the team.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• My point still is... I don't think BB puts too much emphsis on character issues.
                  He does his homework and then trusts that his team and captains keep everyone in line.
                  If BB passes on R.Quinn, I doubt it'll be because of character issues, it'll be bc BB doesn't think he can contribute to the team the way he wants him to

Comment

My point still is... I don't think BB puts too much emphsis on character issues.
                    He does his homework and then trusts that his team and captains keep everyone in line.
                    If BB passes on R.Quinn, I doubt it'll be because of character issues, it'll be bc BB doesn't think he can contribute to the team the way he wants him to
                    I disagree. If Quinn is too selfish to put the team first, that's enough for BB to pass. I get what you're saying and think the locker room / culture can shore up minor questionmarks / character issues, but "team first" is a must for anyone to make BB's board.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Most of the guys we've brought in because we have a strong locker room presence have been veterans who have seen the other side of things too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Uh oh....

Belichick: Trade offers for top picks

Originally posted by Bill Belichick
                        "We've already had a couple offers on them," Belichick said. "We'll see what happens. We'll do whatever we can to improve the team, whether that's move up, move down, or stay where we are, and just try to add more players and more depth to our roster."
                        Ugh... I've got a bad feeling about this now. Of course he'll move down. After all, it's the right choice theoretically (if you look at it as an american option with uncertain payoff). But still, I'd love for us to trade up and get Quinn/Smith(/Green).
                        Last edited by Razor; 02-03-2011, 06:07 AM.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          Uh oh....

Belichick: Trade offers for top picks

Ugh... I've got a bad feeling about this now. Of course he'll move down. After all, it's the right choice theoretically (if you look at it as an american option with uncertain payoff). But still, I'd love for us to trade up and get Quinn/Smith(/Green).
                          yeah it would be sweeet to trade up. i was surprised that teams are ALREADY calling, its still quite early in the process. I don't think it really means anything this early anyway.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Jesus...it's only February and I already need to start thinking about how many times we are going to trade down.

Comment

• I'm not as concerned with the potential (inevitable) trade down as I thought I would be. It's really a value game. If we have a shot at a top talent like Jordan/Kerrigan that's one thing, but most mocks have those guys gone, and rightly so. I have no interest in sticking at 17 for a player that isn't a game breaker (OT / G) and less interest in taking a guy that we could still get at 21 or 22. I say 21 / 22 because the most likely scenario would be a trade down of half a dozen spots to add a 3rd-ish, while still leaving us with 2 1st round picks.

I would honestly prefer a trade up, though. Obviously, that's the least likely scenario, but moving up 5 spots or so to secure Kerrigan/Jordan would be so sweet.

Ok . . . each year you guys edumacate me on some finer detail of drafnikism . . . this year's topic:

What do you look for when deciding if a 5tech prospect will be better as a 1 vs. 2 gap 5tech?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                I'm not as concerned with the potential (inevitable) trade down as I thought I would be. It's really a value game. If we have a shot at a top talent like Jordan/Kerrigan that's one thing, but most mocks have those guys gone, and rightly so. I have no interest in sticking at 17 for a player that isn't a game breaker (OT / G) and less interest in taking a guy that we could still get at 21 or 22. I say 21 / 22 because the most likely scenario would be a trade down of half a dozen spots to add a 3rd-ish, while still leaving us with 2 1st round picks.

I would honestly prefer a trade up, though. Obviously, that's the least likely scenario, but moving up 5 spots or so to secure Kerrigan/Jordan would be so sweet.

Ok . . . each year you guys edumacate me on some finer detail of drafnikism . . . this year's topic:

What do you look for when deciding if a 5tech prospect will be better as a 1 vs. 2 gap 5tech?
                                I agree there. I have no desire to take a JJ Watt, Cameron Heyward etc at 17 if we can trade down 5 or 6 spots and get the same player.

As for the better fit.

When looking for a fit in BB's 2 gap defense what is needed is a player with good length and long arms. Basically they need to be able to play on the OT and be able to anchor against him in the run game at both sides and get off the block to make the tackle, ie stack and shed. In the pass game he needs to be able to stand the OT up and get inside him. However the main aim would be to keep the pass rushing OLB matched up against a TE or a chipping RB. Ideal player for this would be Richard Seymour. 6'6 310lbs he has the height and long arms to stand the OT up and shed the block and is also strong enough to anchor against the run game.

When looking at a DE prospect for someone like Wade Phillips' one gap defense what you are looking for is a defensive lineman who is able to penetrate more with a low center of gravity. By playing only one gap what this player needs to do is get into a lane to disrupt running plays or penetrate into the backfield through this gap to rush the passer. Therefore the ability to beat blocks quickly is essential. Instead of holding off blockers and allowing LBers to make plays these defensive lineman are also expected to make there fair share of plays. Ideal player for this would be Luis Castillo. Being 6'3 and around 290lbs he is quick enough to beat double team blocks and small enough to use leverage to get underneath blocks and disrupt plays in the backfield. Generally one gap DEs in a 34 would also be sutiable as an UT in the 43 or strongside DEs in a 43.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information