Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's too early to call Pouncey or Iupati a definite first round talent. Iupati has a ton of hype and Pouncey seems to have none right now. The combine should shake out their true value.

Substitute Graham for Pouncey for now. If Iupati, Pouncey and Odrick impress at the combine I think they all make the radar at 22.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      I think it's too early to call Pouncey or Iupati a definite first round talent. Iupati has a ton of hype and Pouncey seems to have none right now. The combine should shake out their true value.

Substitute Graham for Pouncey for now. If Iupati, Pouncey and Odrick impress at the combine I think they all make the radar at 22.
      i really dont think we will take graham. just my personal opinion. jerod mayo wasnt a definite first round talent up until the last week of the draft, we heard rumors randomly the lions wanted him at #15, then the pats pulled the trigger with him at #10. i think the same could be said for pouncey. and we know the patriots arent afraid to reach slightly for a player they love. who knows though.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• It is definitely a guessing game. I really like Pouncey for his overall size & ability. Plus he could be used at C or RG, depending on which spot would be better overall for the Oline.

I'm just itching for FA to get under way. I think it will be a crazy year with lots of players hitting the market. Final years, bloated contracts and cheap owners could make for a FA pool deeper than we've ever seen.

My wishlist - however unrealistic some of them may be:
        Kevin Mawae
        Chester Taylor
        Larry Foote
        Steve Breaston
        (VJax or Bryant would be nice, too)

Resign:
        Logan Mankins
        Leigh Bodden
        Vince Wilfork

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
          It is definitely a guessing game. I really like Pouncey for his overall size & ability. Plus he could be used at C or RG, depending on which spot would be better overall for the Oline.

I'm just itching for FA to get under way. I think it will be a crazy year with lots of players hitting the market. Final years, bloated contracts and cheap owners could make for a FA pool deeper than we've ever seen.

My wishlist - however unrealistic some of them may be:
          Kevin Mawae
          Chester Taylor
          Larry Foote
          Steve Breaston
          (VJax or Bryant would be nice, too)

Resign:
          Logan Mankins
          Leigh Bodden
          Vince Wilfork
          Id like to add either Tony Scheffler or Owen Daniels to that list

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• If we're talking tight ends, think we need a big one. Somebody who can be a weapon on the goaline. We really struggled there at times last year and you can't underestimate how useful a guy who is a threat there would be.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
              Id like to add either Tony Scheffler or Owen Daniels to that list
              Good call. I wrote Scheff down and forgot to add him. Daniels . . . dream on! Then again, it is a "wish" list.

Comment

• Daniel is a big wide receiver to me, not unlike Watson. Debatable how effect he would be for us. The entire fast, mismatch tight end thing should work for us, but it doesn't. Dunno. Everyone knows Daniels is a much more natural receiver than Watson though, so I don't know.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Watson's biggest issue is his hands - especially in critical spots. It's always the worst possible timing for his drop/fumble.

Owen catches everything. But I can't see Houston letting him leave, regardless of compensation.

Comment

• Yeah, me neither. I guess Brady not trusting Watson is part of the issue. I wouldn't either. Useful player, but damn frustrating because he's not that far off from being Vernon Davis if he had better hands.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Frustration is definitely the right word. He is so inconsistent. It seems like he just loses focus sometimes. If he just had questionable hands it would be tolerable, but he demonstrates the ability to make studly catches and then flubs easy ones.

Comment

• I haven't posted on here since Jay was around, and some of you may not even have been around to see him but we should all raise glass to Mosi Tatupu - One of those guys who gave his all and was hugely loved by the fans. Mosi was a lunch pail guy who fit right in with the Grogans and Nelsons. Mosi, you will be remembered fondly in New England fans hearts.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
                          I haven't posted on here since Jay was around, and some of you may not even have been around to see him but we should all raise glass to Mosi Tatupu - One of those guys who gave his all and was hugely loved by the fans. Mosi was a lunch pail guy who fit right in with the Grogans and Nelsons. Mosi, you will be remembered fondly in New England fans hearts.
                          Jeez, didn't even realize. RIP Mosi. Wasn't around to watch him play, but growing up a Patriots fan you certainly hear him remembered fondly.

You should post more Jack. Miss having guys like you and Jay around. Love talking football with everyone here, but it kind of sucks that Don Vito and I are the only real people from the older posters still left.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I saw that about Tatupu today, very sad. I was born in 1989 so I was 1 year old his last year so he was before my time, but my dad always raved about him. His favorite Pats have always been the blue collar type like Izzo, Grogan, Hannah, and Nelson; and from everything I hear that's what Tatupu was. Very sad, thoughts and prayers go out to Lofa and the rest of his family.

Comment

• Bad news; Don Vito was right, Hughes measured in at a shade or two under 6'2. Kindle Also measured in lower than expected at 6'2. Stupid as this might be, very well could take both right off the board.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Well, Kindle is listed as 6'3" so hopefully it won't hurt him much..

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information