Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald Warren is actually playing nicely for us for a vet, no complaints with him. But agreed, we need to get some playmakers at either DE or OLB and get our pass rush back and we'll have a great defense. I really didnt expect us to win this game all week, and am very glad we pulled it out. I dont however want to see these guys again come play offs haha.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      In BB I trust.
      I'm glad Cunningham is progressing nicely.
      I can't wait until we evolve from a "Bend-Don't Brake" type of defense to a
      "No bend-No break-We just **** you up" type of D.
      Don't hold your breath. Even in the hey-day, they were a bend-don't-break defense. They were just a lot better at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        Don't hold your breath. Even in the hey-day, they were a bend-don't-break defense. They were just a lot better at it.
        Whaaaaaaaa those defenses were amazing, I loved when we won games like 9-0 and such. It was hilarious watching teams try to do anything against us. I mean, Manning's face in those play off games were priceless.

Originally posted by WMD
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• One thing I got out of this game if nothing else is that Kyle Arrington cannot start anymore.
          Breed's QB Philosophy:
          Originally posted by Breed
          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
            One thing I got out of this game if nothing else is that Kyle Arrington cannot start anymore.
            I'll take Arrington over Butler for sure. No PI calls, no getting abused deep. If he gives up those 10-15 passes fine. Just nothing to let the other team get down the field.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Negative thing about the game; Deadrick looks like he's playing with cement shoes out there. When he's engaged and the play is in front of him he's fine, but I didn't like what I saw with him a hundred percent. Not sure he's going to be able to stick as a 3-4 DE.

Oh, and about this defense versus our old defenses, I think negp is selling the old teams short. We used to be able to shut you out and keep you under ten a couple times a year. They were bend but not break like, but they were also dominant units, especially pre-2005. I'm not sure this unit has it in it, but I'm walking away encouraged. Lot of positives today.

Going back over the game in my head and watching bits of it, I really can't say enough about Cunningham. Oher is overrated, but at the same time he's a hell of a linemen. Cunningham might not ever be a 10+ sack guy(doesn't have that elite first step to be that type of guy), but he's a real good technical rusher and he has really good athleticism as well. He made a few mistakes setting the edge, but he also did some positive things there too. We needed him to be good, and thus far he's really giving us some encouraging signs.

McCourty continues to impress. He gave up some yards to Mason, which was not a terribly good matchup for him, but he did a good job handling Boldin. He's the type of corner who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and be physical. He gets good positioning when the ball is in the air, besides the one PI call today. If we can get someone legitimate to compliment him, like say, a version of Darius Butler that doesn't suck, we might have something.

Best thing about today was how we closed to the ball and took the run away. The front seven was extremely effective today.
              Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-18-2010, 01:44 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So.... How 'bout them Patriots haha? This was a game that I circled in my mind when I first saw the shedule. I thought that if we won it we could use it to gather momentum towards a playoff run, but if we lost it our season would pretty much be over. Needless to say that I have been very nervous all week, and I was a wreck yesterday in OT haha.

I have to say, I thought we just sucked in the first half yesterday. There are no excuses for that. And I think BB told them that at halftime. And I even thought that we didn't play all that we to start of the third quarter. But somehow they found a rhythm on offense and got the Ravens on their heels, it was pretty obvious that they had no idea what we were going to do next. On defense.... It's been a long time since I've seen something like that from this team. What they did in OT and the last 1,5 quarter of regulation was just amazing. Disciplined, hard-nosed defense, never giving up. If they can keep this up.... I'm not even going to go there. We all know this defense has potential, but I don't think anybody expected them to play like this so early. Just a fun stat on the Ravens offense:
                Red Zone Efficiency 1/3 - 33%
                Goal To Go Efficiency 0/0 - 0%

Disappointments:
                Entire team the first two and a half quarters. Bad tackling, bad coverage, penalties, poor throws, poor blocking, dropped balls. Nothing worked. But if I had to point out one player it has to be Hernandez. Just didn't show up in OT.

Game Ball:
                Deion Branch. What a homecoming performance by him. Clutch player. Idk what more to say. Welcome home.

This win feels even better than it did yesterday lol!
                Last edited by Razor; 10-18-2010, 05:07 AM.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  McCourty continues to impress. He gave up some yards to Mason, which was not a terribly good matchup for him, but he did a good job handling Boldin. He's the type of corner who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and be physical. He gets good positioning when the ball is in the air, besides the one PI call today. If we can get someone legitimate to compliment him, like say, a version of Darius Butler that doesn't suck, we might have something.
                  When Bodden comes back he should add a legitimate starting option across from McCourty and allow Butler to develop more and become a bit of a playmaker. Going up against bigger WRs outside definitely isn't his forté

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I think Butler will develop into a damn good CB, but he was just getting abused by the big, physical WRs the first few games. Arrington is OK. He does a decent job of keeping everything in front of him...he's not the ideal guy you want starting in that spot, though.

I agree, the defenses in the past did a great job of keeping points off the board. The Pats have always given the offense yards, though. They just need to keep developing, and I think they'll put something together this year...they just need time. Very talented unit.

For a 7th round pick, I'll take Deadrick 10/10 times... I think it's important to remember that he was a 7th round pick and that there are things he needs to work on.

Comment

• I had greater expectations for him than your average seventh round pick. I thought he would go in the 4th or 5th, or maybe even the 3rd. His workouts killed him though. His footspeed is probably amongst the worst of all linemen in the NFL. Can't move laterally to save his life.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• He's very young, for a seventh round rookie he's getting a lot of time so the staff must see something in him. He will at least be a situational run stuffer, he is strong and can eat up space. We have a lot of those situational guys and that is good, but we need a guy like Cameron Heyward now.

Comment

• I would like to see more of Myron Pryor this year than we have. He's very hard to block at times. Most of his tackles were for a loss last year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            I had greater expectations for him than your average seventh round pick. I thought he would go in the 4th or 5th, or maybe even the 3rd. His workouts killed him though. His footspeed is probably amongst the worst of all linemen in the NFL. Can't move laterally to save his life.
                            I agree. I thought he'd go higher, but there's a reason he didn't. I think they can work through his deficiencies and develop him. He's obviously talented enough. He just needs work. Unfortunately, the kind of work he needs is **** you do in the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                              He's very young, for a seventh round rookie he's getting a lot of time so the staff must see something in him. He will at least be a situational run stuffer, he is strong and can eat up space. We have a lot of those situational guys and that is good, but we need a guy like Cameron Heyward now.
                              Speaking of which, who do you guys think is the best fit for the defense of the ends? Clayborn, Heyward, Dareus, Bailey, Crick, other?

Comment

• Easy. Dareus.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information