Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we play the way we did against Pittsburgh last night, New York doesn't keep me lying awake at night because the template for beating them is pretty similar. Granted, I think they match up better with us than the Steelers do, but still, same template. We even had success doing it to them in most of our fist meeting. It's a huge game that could go either way, but they're not terrifying if we can play like that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      If we play the way we did against Pittsburgh last night, New York doesn't keep me lying awake at night because the template for beating them is pretty similar. Granted, I think they match up better with us than the Steelers do, but still, same template. We even had success doing it to them in most of our fist meeting. It's a huge game that could go either way, but they're not terrifying if we can play like that.
      Exactly. I think the end of the conservative, mass protect style passing attack caught our D completely off guard in the first matchup. This time around it will be a similar plan (stop the run first) with the realization that the Jets can and will try to pass the ball.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Don't forget that we had the Jets but let them get away from us in the first game. I feel this team has progressed a lot whereas the Jets have degressed a bit. I think we can beat the Jets, especially at home. I'm actually more concerned about the Colts at this point. Still a tough schedule ahead, but after last night I feel a lot better than I did a weel ago. I haven't watched the game yet, but they are showing it in a couple of hours so I can't wait to see it.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
          The Packers have, and had a very tough schedule. I still think they're a better team on both sides of the ball than they get credit for, especially considering they are this year's version of the walking wounded with what has to be a league high number of starters on IR.

Don't sleep on them. They represent a bigger threat than the Jets. I'd be tempted to put them ahead of the Colts, too, in terms of difficulty. Specifically, the Packers will approach NE similar to how we approached Pitt. Being a stout run D doesn't matter if there's no real plan to run. Rodgers won't give us the double clutch, hold it forever crap that Ben does. Aaron & Peyton are both far greater threats to the Pats than the Jets as this point. The Colts & Packers offenses are better suited to chuck it all over our soft zones, and both defenses are better at slowing the passing attack.
          Actually while he may not be as bad as big ben, alot of criticism of Rodgers was that he held onto the ball too long last year which is why he took that many sacks. They dont have any running game whatsoever like the steelers have and Jennings isnt having the same kind of year were used to seeing. Their pass defense isnt what it was last year either, Woodson is getting abused and commiting a ton of penalties. I'd rank them third on this list behind Indy and NY simply because both of those teams are going to challenge us for not only the conference but division and losing to GB wouldnt hurt half as bad as losing to Indy and NY. Just my thoughts on them.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Rogers may be worse than Big Ben in regards to holding onto the ball. He has a quick release, but he waits on things way too long sometimes. Doesn't have anywhere near the ability to break tackles that Roethlisberger does either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Rogers may be worse than Big Ben in regards to holding onto the ball. He has a quick release, but he waits on things way too long sometimes. Doesn't have anywhere near the ability to break tackles that Roethlisberger does either.
              Yep, BIg Ben got out of a ton of sacks last night, and the refs totally just let their O-line hold all night long in the second half.

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• So what are some key things about the Colts game? Obviously we have to pressure Manning. Always starts there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• We have to establish our run game on them. Control the clock. Thats how we always used to beat them and lately weve gotten into shootouts with them which is always a bad thing to do, tho this year might not be so bad because all of their weapons are injured. Manning played pretty poorly against us last year and threw two very strange picks, hopefully we can still scheme for him that way, were much better on D this year then last year.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    We have to establish our run game on them. Control the clock. Thats how we always used to beat them and lately weve gotten into shootouts with them which is always a bad thing to do, tho this year might not be so bad because all of their weapons are injured. Manning played pretty poorly against us last year and threw two very strange picks, hopefully we can still scheme for him that way, were much better on D this year then last year.
                    Establish the run or use a short CONSISTENT passing game. Much like the steelers game plan. Same effect, complete short passes and chew up clock.
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Superman wears Rob Gronkowski pajamas.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• So has Patrick Chung become the key to the Patriots defense playing with energy and being dominant?

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          So has Patrick Chung become the key to the Patriots defense playing with energy and being dominant?
                          Hopefully he doesn't turn into Bob Sanders.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Hopefully he doesn't turn into Bob Sanders.
                            That's kind of what I was getting at/fearing...and kind of the reason I brought it up. Sorry.

Comment

• Bob on the field. I loce his play and instincts. I'm not worried about the injuries yet.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• So when did we get crable back?

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information