This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    So what are some key things about the Colts game? Obviously we have to pressure Manning. Always starts there.
    Against Manning I like confusion better than pressure. Remember the good old days with 6 DBs on he field and Manning never knowing what to expect? If we can get Manning to be confused pressure will come automatically I think. Their OL isn't all that good so we have a clear advantage there. I'm actually pretty optimistic about this game.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      So what are some key things about the Colts game? Obviously we have to pressure Manning. Always starts there.
      A few things I think we need to do.

Firstly, I expect to see a lot of Tully Banta-Cain, Mike Wright and Shawn Crable(wow that feels weird typing that). I expect BB to take his chances against the run to stop Manning.

Secondly, Darius Butler will be active for this game. The Colts don't have big physical WRs but extra DBs will be needed to stop whoever Manning is throwing to. I expect Chung to be on Tamme all game and should limit him to very little. Dane Fletcher may also see quite a lot and spy whichever RB is playing.

Thirdly, I think there will be a lot of multiple TE sets again. Crumpler and Gronk may need to stay in to max protect a few times against Freeney and Mathis so I expect Hernandez to get the majority of targets of that group.

Fourthly, I think the short passing game will be in full flow against the Colts D. They are very good at keeping everything in front of them but give up the short stuff. Expect Welker and Branch to have nice days again.

Finally, I see special teams as a major advantage for the Patriots. I expect BB to play the time of possession game and keep Manning off the field. Therefore field position is crucial.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        So when did we get crable back?
        I know we activated him from the practice squad after we placed someone on IR.
        ... Nick K, maybe?
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          So has Patrick Chung become the key to the Patriots defense playing with energy and being dominant?
          Looks that way anyway. He's literally in on every play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I hadn't thought about that. Which games has he missed and what kind of difference in points / yards is there?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              I hadn't thought about that. Which games has he missed and what kind of difference in points / yards is there?
              Thinking about it without checking, there's not that much of a difference in the stat sheet as far as points and yards, but a lot of that is skewed because of garbage time numbers and such. Defense has a different vibe when he's in there. Not enough of a sample size to say so for sure, but he defiantly gives us a major boost. He's all over the field when he plays. Tracks where the ball is going really well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• and blocks kicks like a mofo. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Crable was waived...

WTF? He played really well Sunday from what I saw... Is someone coming back from an injury? What's going on here?

Comment

• Could be practice squad'ed to bring in another DB.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I... confused ...
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• In BB we trust.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Really not that surprised. We're clearly not in love with him as a player at this point. He's done nothing to show he can be a linebacker for us. Didn't drop into coverage or do anything else besides rush and was only successful at doing that once. He played better than expected, but he's a guy that once he gets locked on he's completely neutralized. We already have a better version of Crable in Tully. I'm not going to pretend that I completely understand the move as it is a bit confusing, but let's wait to see what becomes of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• He still has more career sacks than Vernon Gholston. :D

(though, if I were drafting in 2008, we'd have Gholston and not Mayo ://)
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              In BB we thrust.
                              Fixed it for you. Thanks PFW In Progress...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• We signed Pierre Woods as the counter move. He might just be in for this week for coverage and special teams. Wouldn't be surprised if we cut him after the Colts game and went and got Crable again. Would make a lot of sense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information