Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ew on Solder. He does not play up to his measurables like...ever. Looks flat out ugly blocking out there. Upside is immense, but I wouldn't touch him before the third.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I really wanted Jared Veldheer this past draft...

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        I really wanted Jared Veldheer this past draft...
        Yeah, he's playing great in Oakland and Solder is similar physically, but he really just flat out does not play well at times.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Watching the Iron Bowl... The two unrealistic guys I want are Marcel Dareus and Julio Jones...

Comment

• Soo.... How about that McCourty guy haha? I think that it was consesus amongst Patriots fans that he was a perfect fit in our defense before the draft, but nobody considered him to be a possibility for us. Well, as usual we were wrong and BB once again looks like a genious. I was thinking about the last time I saw a rookie corner playing at his level, and I couldn't think of one (although I am sure that there have been rookie corners performing at and above his level before). Still, I couldn't help comparing him to Darrelle Revis in his first year. I liked Revis coming out of Pitt so I paid a lot of attention to him in his first year. I think he started slowly and some time during the season he started flashing his lockdown potential. In his second year he was basically a shutdown corner, and we all know that he had a great, great season last year. So where am I going with this?

McCourty has been great for us this year. Sure, he's been beaten from time to time but I consider that a part of his progression as a NFL corner. Still, I'd like to know what you consider his ceiling to be. Personally, I think he could develop into a Ty Law/Darrelle Revis type of player, he has looked that good. I'm not crowning him yet, but really.... This guy just delivers. Also, he doesn't seem to be a headcase like many other talented players at his position, he apparantly works hard and understands the finer details of the defense at this early stage of his career, which I find impressive. So what do you guys think? Is he going to be the next Ty Law/Darrelle Revis, or is this his level? Remember, he is doing this with a minimum of pass rush. I am really, really impressed and just needed to go public with my mancrush here haha.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Thanksgiving was really his coming-out party. He has substantially improved over the course of the season. Certainly looking like a future stud on the defense. Now if only Darius Butler would show us something.

Comment

• This draft in general for us, has been insanely good. Almost everyone starts or has significant playing time. How long do you think Brady has it in him to play at a high level, you think he can make it as old as Warner and Farve did? Or does anyone see us trying to draft someone early these next few years?

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• nepg i respect ur opinions but von miller is a guy the patriots will never draft in a million years. write it down bro lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    This draft in general for us, has been insanely good. Almost everyone starts or has significant playing time. How long do you think Brady has it in him to play at a high level, you think he can make it as old as Warner and Farve did? Or does anyone see us trying to draft someone early these next few years?
                    I think Brady has at least this contract left in him. He could probably play until he is in his late 30s with no problem. Favre's problem isn't that he's too old all of a sudden now, it's the beating he's taken his whole career and the type of football he plays leaves him succeptible to injuries. But because of this ironman thing he's got going on he'll be too stubborn to sit for a game or two. I think Brady will go the Kurt Warner route. Retire at about 38 when he can still get it done, but doesn't want to leave one year too late. So maybe a QB will be drafted in two or three years but not soon IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I am happy to say I was right on McCourty. I helped somebody mock him to us before the draft and was huge on him ever since. Thought he would be a stud, but not this quickly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Well, I'll admit I didn't see the McCourty pick coming nor did I like it at the time.
                        This was with Bodden being healthy, Butler showing he could be a servicable number 2 and Wilhite holding down the nickel
                        I just didn't see space for him. I knew he's good at KR as well and we lacked in that department last year (Thank God Tate is holding that down so McCourty stays fresh for D)

I'll eat crow all day every day with a smile on my face!
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Interesting trivia you can pull on random people:

Who are the only 2 (non management, non referees... coaches and players only please) that have been a part of all 3 of the Giants Super Bowl victories?

Who is the only member (coach/player) of all 6 of the Patriots Super Bowl teams?

---

Knowing either will impress me ;) (Googling it however will not :P). If you want a hint on the first one, it's posted in a Patriots thread for a reason.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that the answer to the second one is Dante Scarnecchia, but I don't know about the first one.. Parcells and Belichick would be the obvious answers, but I don't think it's right. Phil Simms and LT might be the answer to the second one? I don't know...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Second one is definitely Dante. First one is Tom Coughlin.

Comment

• Belichick is one of the first (the easy one - the second one is someone who would have been overlooked in 07, but probably not in 85 or 90), but third Super Bowl (2007) had nothing to do with Parcells

Dante is the second.

edit: I don't think Coughlin was involved in 85 or 90. Let me check.

edit2: If you are curious

Last edited by descendency; 11-27-2010, 09:09 PM.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information