Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think we make a move on Fitzgerald. It makes sense since he is such a good fit, but our offense has been great but we still don't have a true #1 (Branch is really playing well but still), we need size at the position too. Our TE's have been great, but I still think it would make sense even though we do need the draft picks to help on defense. So many variables, but I would love to see Fitzgerald in a Pats uniform.

Comment

• Should we if the price is right? Yes, no doubt about it imo.
      Will we? I don't know, I'm sure BB will give it some thought. A true #1 receiver would give us a whole other dimension on offense. I don't consider it as a real possibility though, since some other team will make some ridiculous offer that BB won't match.
      Last edited by Razor; 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I think we absolutely have to if he gets on the market, unless it's a franchise breaking trade.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think it depends on how far we get this year and how our offense performs in the post season (assuming we get there). I mean look what happened after we lost to the Colts in 2006. BB had our offense go super sayian 3.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I think it depends on what the salary cap looks like coming out of the (hopefully) new CBA.

Comment

• Were also going to have an 18 game schedule so idk how this affects the current contracts of every player. No way are the players taking pre season checks for regular games.

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• 18 game schedule...vomit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• It's going to happen, theres nothing we can do about it, the "fans" have spoken. It's so annoying, on top of which the two new games favor the good teams because as of now the top teams in the division will play two of the bottom teams in another division and vice versa for the **** teams.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• I'm just going to hope the players bail us out. They're opposed to 18 games. Maybe some agreement can be reached where it does not happen. Brady's touchdown record is gone first season if they put up two more games, which kind of sucks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah that would certainly suck. But I can promise it's going to happen, Goodell has his dick so hard for his 18 game schedule that he hasnt even looked into getting a new deal done for next year.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        Do you guys think we make a move on Fitzgerald. It makes sense since he is such a good fit, but our offense has been great but we still don't have a true #1 (Branch is really playing well but still), we need size at the position too. Our TE's have been great, but I still think it would make sense even though we do need the draft picks to help on defense. So many variables, but I would love to see Fitzgerald in a Pats uniform.
                        Definitely. I'll more than happily trade OAK's 1st and our 3rd for him.
                        I think we would reach 2007 status (numbers wise) offensively.
                        You just wouldn't be able to stop anything. Making BJGE/WH even that more effective.
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Agree that Fitz would be a great fit offensively. However what worries me is his contract. He will deservedly be the highest paid WR in the NFL. Im not sure BB will want to give up two top 100 picks and a major contract

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I hope he does.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I love long weekends. Thursday & Friday off . . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving - even if it was a pseudo, duck filled holiday across the pond. lol

anyway . . .

McCourty is making a case for DROY. It will take a big finish for him to wrest that particluar award away from Suh, but he looks like he's improving by leaps and bounds at this point.

WR - I honestly think we'll show major interest in Fitz +/- VJax next year. Obviously it will depend on the pricetag each carries, but each guy would provide the skill set and experience we need to be beastly on offense for the final years of Brady's shelf life. I think the talent here is better than other positions of need via FA / trades.

The wheels seem to be falling off in Oakland. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. 10-15 is still a very reasonable expectation with that pick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                I love long weekends. Thursday & Friday off . . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving - even if it was a pseudo, duck filled holiday across the pond. lol

anyway . . .

McCourty is making a case for DROY. It will take a big finish for him to wrest that particluar award away from Suh, but he looks like he's improving by leaps and bounds at this point.

WR - I honestly think we'll show major interest in Fitz +/- VJax next year. Obviously it will depend on the pricetag each carries, but each guy would provide the skill set and experience we need to be beastly on offense for the final years of Brady's shelf life. I think the talent here is better than other positions of need via FA / trades.

The wheels seem to be falling off in Oakland. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. 10-15 is still a very reasonable expectation with that pick.
                                If McCourty finishes in the 7-10 range of INTs and continues to lock down opposing WRs he has a chance. But Suh is still odds on at the moment.

I think the CBA will have a big bearing on whether we go for one of the WRs available in the offseason. If no salary cap then maybe.

If you're ever looking for one franchise to somehow **** something up it's always good to start at Oakland.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information