This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Yeah it also helps we have a great fan base WITH rational posters haha.
    We all have our roles. I'm the guy that always tries to explain how "everything's going to be just fine" and "they're better without x anyway!"

Comment

• Yeah we have a great group of posters, it has really improved over the last few years. For a while we were a pretty inactive group and I think it was just really ROP, Jay, and I (I know I'm forgetting at least someone). Then we started getting a lot of quality posters, we all get a long and spread our Pats fandom through the boards with at least some objectivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
        fixed that for ya
        Thanks for that reality check there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          Thanks for that reality check there.
          I mean he was dead on about blowing out the Colts...........

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• So David Givens was on the radio the other day. It was pretty awesome hearing from him given that he was one of my favorite Patriots of our Super Bowl years. Best receiver on the team and probably one of the better blockers too. We used to line him up at tight end against the Colts and let him chip Dwight Freeney. Really helped us shut him down on several occasions. Played so much bigger than his listed size. I remember when he first broke in, I though he was at least 6'3 225. Turned out to be 6'0 215. Great blocker, fantastic after the catch, good leadership ability. Hell of a player. It's nice to see Branch back and playing for us, but part of me really wishes it was Givens instead.

Sort of sad what he had to say though. I knew he shattered his knee playing for the Titans, but what I didn't know is that he had a micro fracture before the year was even started. He was told it was a bruise by the Titans and was told he should play through it. Ended up having a career ending injury and not getting any of that big money he signed for. Career was dead in the water at 26 and he had no additional earning power in football. Tried to come back and we apparently rehabed him for free to try to get him back and playing for us, but it just did not work out. Really got screwed over. Mentioned how he had been a team captain every single step of his football life. Hell of a way for the game to pay him back for all he put into it.

Really was a well spoken guy, one of the smartest sounding guys I've heard in athletics. Doubt football is the end of the line for him and he'll find something to do with himself. Hope the media thing goes well for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Well this is just the happiest news ever, EE I forbid you to end your posts with something so sad haha

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                For my money, Brian Baldinger is the best analyst in the business. He's also awesome in the booth, which we never get to hear enough.

His latest, and dead on regarding the Pats. Unfortunately . . .

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/12/03/youn...patriots-back/

The simple and obvious truth of the matter is the closing statement:
                "Eventually, though, the organization will need to hit on a pass rusher in the draft. Itís the one ingredient the Patriots are missing."
                We could play a lot more press-man or press-zone with a dominant pass rusher. It wouldn't be so easy to get those 2 yard passes turned into 10 yard gains on a team with a major pass rusher.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Monday night, so close, yet so far away.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• I'm so pissed. My team's flag football PLAYOFF game is scheduled during the middle of that game. Tempted to be sick.... lol
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• 24 hours lads!

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Less then that for me, I have to catch a bus at 140, then tailgate until the game starts. Big day tomorrow, I hope were ******* ready for this.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Lucky haha. Enjoy yourself. I'm going to have to get tickets for a game one of these days, haven't been in years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Never been. Sad panda.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Actually this is only my second game i'll attend, and the last one was against the Jets as well. But guys, were so close.....

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• It's game day! OK, I need to go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information