This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    Chicago has been excellent since their bye in week 8. Everything in this game hinges on our protection. The Bears front has been very good and our offensive line can be exploited. I've seen way too many communication errors from Connelly & Vollmer to be at all comfortable and we all know Light vs. Peppers is a terrible matchup for us. Add in Koppen's once per game average whiff and we could see Brady getting awfully antsy (if not outright killed) back there.
    We've made great adjustments to pass protection in the second half. That's my one silver lining for the OL/DL match up. Light is also a ton better defending 4-3 pass rushers at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      We've made great adjustments to pass protection in the second half. That's my one silver lining for the OL/DL match up. Light is also a ton better defending 4-3 pass rushers at this point.
      Yeah his major weakness now is picking up the blitz on the edge in schemes were the person who is rushing isn't overly clear. If it is Light vs Peppers straight up Im a lot more confident than if he was up against someone like Cameron Wake

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
        Yeah his major weakness now is picking up the blitz on the edge in schemes were the person who is rushing isn't overly clear. If it is Light vs Peppers straight up Im a lot more confident than if he was up against someone like Cameron Wake
        If the Bears are smart they'll stand Peppers up and have him blow by Light every time. Doubt they do though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          If the Bears are smart they'll stand Peppers up and have him blow by Light every time. Doubt they do though.
          You know theyre head coach is Lovie Smith, dont ya??? Of course they won't lol

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• BB wanted Peppers for a reason, he fully understands how could he is. I have faith he'll figure something out, that's easily going to be one of his big keys to this game. We'll see how we do coming off a huge win with a short week.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• 2+ TE sets all game with Gronk and Alge. Have Branch and Welker rip apart the zone. I expect a heavy dose of running from the Pats in this one because they'll be running passing plays with only 2-3 options for most of the game to keep Brady on his feet.

Comment

• Yeah, Gronk and Alge all day with Alge next to Light. Try to catch them drifting the wrong way with some screens to Woodhead too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I was thinking screens, too. The multiple TE sets should be in often - that's a good point. I hadn't really considered the extra blocking / chipping schemes via TE sets. You guys are sharp.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Wide receiver screens on soft zone too. Think that could work pretty well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• "I'll tell my kids one day I slipped Brian Urlacher," Brady said with a grin. "They won't believe me."
                      Anyone remember that play? :D
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        Yeah dude, I still can't believe it. I think it was more of a mind **** thing for Urlacher, because Brady was moving slow as **** (as usual haha). Brady is so slow haha.

Originally posted by WMD
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• supposed to rain/snow on saturday and snow on sunday, probably a sloppy field on game day

Comment

• I know this is crazy early to even mention this, but with the Patriots looking like the best team in the AFC, how does a Super Bowl appearance change Brady's legacy.

That's 5 appearances tying him with Elway, but having more wins regardless of whether they win or not. 5 in 10 years as a starter. If that isn't insane, I don't know what is.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Hard to forget. That video doesn't do it justice at all, but should remind people haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I know this is crazy early to even mention this, but with the Patriots looking like the best team in the AFC, how does a Super Bowl appearance change Brady's legacy.

That's 5 appearances tying him with Elway, but having more wins regardless of whether they win or not. 5 in 10 years as a starter. If that isn't insane, I don't know what is.
                                No, you know whats insane, this team is in a rebuilding phase and were going to be down right dominant with another good draft class, assuming there is an NFL after this season. But it's too early to be thinking SB, I don;t want to get my hopes up yet. Let's see where we fall for the playoffs.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information