Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland pick is going to be 17. Not as high as we were all hoping for, but hey, it's not something to take for granted either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Good to see Price doing well, sort of the forgotten man in this years draft. I didn't get a chance to see it, but one of the biggest concerns with him was getting off the line, any one catch that, from what I did see he didn't have much trouble. It would be great to get a speedster on our offense.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Most impressive thing Price did was make that catch in traffic. That was a pure 50/50 ball and he made the play. We don't have guys who do that enough at receiver. Don't expect him to do that consistently, but it's nice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah he looked good from what I saw. Glad you had fun EE, that was a fun game to go to.

Also on a side note; Ryan running his mouth is motivation I can already see BB using if we have to see them again.

Originally posted by WMD
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Hoyer to Tate was sex.
            First, Hoyer stood in the pocket and delievered the strike knowing he was going to get creamed
            Last, Tate stretched out and got under the ball.

Great throw and catch. Ran to perfection.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• With how Price looked, and how Tate and Edelman stepped up with Branch and Welker out... And the way Moore emerged and how everyone along that DL is stepping up every week... It's tough to decide what the Pats should do with those 6 early picks. Seems more and more likely that they'll be traded for more future picks. It's tough to see any of the QBs falling out of the Top 5 with how the draft order ended up, but if one does fall, #17 could easily be traded for a 2012 first round pick.

With people coming off of injuries, this is the deepest team in the NFL...crazy.

Comment

• With how Price looked, and how Tate and Edelman stepped up with Branch and Welker out... And the way Moore emerged and how everyone along that DL is stepping up every week... It's tough to decide what the Pats should do with those 6 early picks. Seems more and more likely that they'll be traded for more future picks. It's tough to see any of the QBs falling out of the Top 5 with how the draft order ended up, but if one does fall, #17 could easily be traded for a 2012 first round pick.

With people coming off of injuries, this is the deepest team in the NFL...crazy.

Comment

• I still would like a starting OLB and another body to start at DE
                  OL is definitely a biggie there too... WR might not be a big need but if a big field stretching stud is available.. why not?
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Yeah I still want a DE or OLB. I doubt jones or any other elite WR will be there at 17. Booooo raiders for winning games.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• OLB is a priority pick.
                      DE is a priority pick.
                      C is a priority pick.

OL is an "if you can upgrade for good value, go for it" pick.
                      WR is a "if you get great value and talent, go for it" pick.
                      CB is a "if something catastrophic happens and Prince drops go for it" pick.

My thoughts.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• are me and RavenofProphecy the only ones who thinks Watt doesn't fit? I am getting sick of him getting mocked to us...

Does Watt have any resemblance to anyone on our line? Does he resemble both Warrens, Deaderick, Brace, Love?

We love our DLine HUGE. Watt does not fit whatsoever, unless for some reason u think he fits standing up, but i dont think thatd work.

End of Rant. haha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                          are me and RavenofProphecy the only ones who thinks Watt doesn't fit? I am getting sick of him getting mocked to us...

Does Watt have any resemblance to anyone on our line? Does he resemble both Warrens, Deaderick, Brace, Love?

We love our DLine HUGE. Watt does not fit whatsoever, unless for some reason u think he fits standing up, but i dont think thatd work.

End of Rant. haha
                          Watt is 6'6 292 pounds and has the frame to get up to 315. That's pretty huge.

Brace and Love aren't DE's unless it's a running down and really are pretty one dimensional at that position as well. Don't play the two gap well, just sort of push and hope the runningback is around.

Deaderick is actually smaller than Watt except thicker frame wise, and isn't a complete prospect as a 3-4 DE either.

Ty Warren is a very thick build guy who is nonetheless mobile. But if Watt were to come here and add some size, he really wouldn't be all that different in terms of build than Richard Seymour was. He's stout enough against the run and has the type of game that translates well into being effective in our scheme.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Watt is 6'6 292 pounds and has the frame to get up to 315. That's pretty huge.

Brace and Love aren't DE's unless it's a running down and really are pretty one dimensional at that position as well. Don't play the two gap well, just sort of push and hope the runningback is around.

Deaderick is actually smaller than Watt except thicker frame wise, and isn't a complete prospect as a 3-4 DE either.

Ty Warren is a very thick build guy who is nonetheless mobile. But if Watt were to come here and add some size, he really wouldn't be all that different in terms of build than Richard Seymour was.
                            i think that all of the guys on the line have the versatility to play tackle or end. watt cant play DT. I think its a requirement that you need to play both positions on that line

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                              i think that all of the guys on the line have the versatility to play tackle or end. watt cant play DT.
                              Watt DOES play DT already. Wisconsin lines him up inside all of the time and he actually looks best coming from that position in my opinion. Watch the Bowl game. You see plenty of that. No issues what so ever playing inside, even on run downs.

Also, Brace and Love REALLY, really don't have that versatility, we just put them at those spots situationally because we don't have a guy who can stay on the field and be a full time starter at that spot.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-03-2011, 03:53 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                Watt DOES play DT already. Wisconsin lines him up inside all of the time and he actually looks best coming from that position in my opinion. Watch the Bowl game. You see plenty of that. No issues what so ever playing inside, even on run downs.

Also, Brace and Love REALLY, really don't have that versatility, we just put them at those spots situationally because we don't have a guy who can stay on the field and be a full time starter at that spot.
                                he plays DT now, but I dont think he translates at DT well in the pros. he lined up at DE ALOT against TCU too

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information