Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Gentlemen, I did it. I punched myself in the dick and watched the game again to try to break it down.

Observations;

-Receiver is absolutely a need. None of our receivers can make a play on the ball when they have a guy on them. They struggle to get separation against good press man coverage.

-The Jets clogged the middle of the field. Often times they had 6 defensive backs playing at once. That completely closed off the inside passing lanes and made the tight ends have to run their routes into deeper territory than they should be comfortable going to.

-We did not adjust in time. Much has been made about that 8 minute drive that killed the clock, but it was the right thing....two quarters ago. If we had started doing that earlier, it would have required the Jets to change their defense up and play different coverages.

-We should have gone to the hurry up. I have literally no idea why we didn't try it. We did briefly...and it worked. The Jets were not giving away pre-snap information and broadcasting their blitzes and coverages like last time, so their was no reason not to.

-Brady left some plays on the field. The miscommunication with Gronkowski was big. He had Woodhead open underneath plenty of times...some of which would have gone for first downs.

-The fake punt was a brilliant call. Chung just ****** it up. Sammy Morris sealed off the lane and it would have worked if Chung hadn't dropped the ball. I think it was snapped early though. Supposedly it was called at the LOS. Not everyone was on the right page. Katula snapped it before Chung was expecting it. Slater did not know what was going on either. He released outside and was pushed out of the play. Irrelevant to the result, but if he knew it was a fake punt he would have released inside to help block. So not everyone was on the right page.

-We played WAAAAY too much zone. The Jets were all too happy to gobble it right up. Might have been the right thing to do at the start of the game to try to force a turnover, but it was not working and we should have adjusted. McCourty is one of the better corners in the league right now. Let him play like one.

-No pass rush. The eternal bugaboo. We were not able to get off blocks and make Sanchez panic. Eric Moore and company did not show up this game. The scary part is I'm not sure we really care enough to fix this part.

-Our offensive line got **** on. The Jets brought pressure at key moments and did it really well(ex: Brady moving Woodhead out to protect to the wrong side) but for the most part they pressured with three and four men. Dan Connolly got put on his ass time after time. Koppen did a poor job cleaning up too. Mike Devito, Shaun Ellis, and Pouha really just took a big fat dump all over our interior. Even Mankins got pushed around. Shaun Ellis pushed him back damn near five yards one time. Light and Vollmer graded out as average for this game, but weren't really challenged. Light was late on getting out for some things and didn't do make good decisions with more than one person coming at him as per usual...but it was an average game.

-The Jets outright won the battle physically. They wanted it waaaay more than our team did and that's a MAJOR problem. We've shown up flat two years in a row for playoff games now. What the hell?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Excellent break down. Even on that late drive that killed way too much clock, Welker was open in the flat on 3rd down but Brady didn't throw it to him. Simms even remarked on it during the replay and stated Brady didn't go there b/c it wasn't enough for the first down. The problem was that it would have put the ball at the 30 yard line and given us a shot at a 47 yard field goal to make it a 7 point game.

There was pretty much a substantial failure in all aspects of the game. Brady, Oline, Defensively . . . everything.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• It was the type of game that if it were baseball, you tell the pitcher to give the guy some chin music. If it were hockey, start a fight. Basketball..put in Nate Robinson. We just never found our spark.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• They still wouldn't have kicked a 47 yarder. Graham doesn't have the leg. They really missed Gostkowski there. This was a situation where the Pats really didn't benefit from the week off at all.

As for Ochocinco... Speed is overrated with him. If he wants to come put in the work, he'd be a slam dunk in New England.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            They still wouldn't have kicked a 47 yarder. Graham doesn't have the leg. They really missed Gostkowski there. This was a situation where the Pats really didn't benefit from the week off at all.
            I'm not sure which way the wind was going, but either way - if Brady makes that throw to a wide open Welker, we have the choice. Welker is just slippery enough that maybe he converts anyway. Even if you still go for it you have a much better chance of converting 4th and 3 compared to 4th and 13 (or whatever it was.) It's just one example in a sea of fail . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• More I watch, the more I see that Brady had some major stuff underneath. He was seeing people that weren't there rushing him too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• This is old but hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meIme...eature=related
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Go Packers!!!
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    Go Packers!!!
                    exactly. thats who i will be cheering for in two weeks

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Yep, Packers all the way. I love that all the teams that played today, we blew out in the regular season. Ain't that some ****.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I still resent the Packers for 1996. First major sports disappointed of my life. All us young guys are really ******* lucky if you think about it. We've taken our lumps lately, but the run we've had in this neck of the woods has been amazing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I resent the Packers for 96, the Bears for 85, the Jets for being the Jets. . . and I really hate those ******* trash talking Steelers. I almost wish the Super Bowl would end in a tie.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• All is true but above all, thank god the Jets are gone.

The Packers cost us in '07 too, cause there is no way we would have lost to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportslover View Post
                              All is true but above all, thank god the Jets are gone.

The Packers cost us in '07 too, cause there is no way we would have lost to them.
                              That was 2 out of three times Farve has screwed us. He just had to join the Jets the following year to suck just enough and keep us out of the playoffs.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I still resent the Packers for 1996. First major sports disappointed of my life. All us young guys are really ******* lucky if you think about it. We've taken our lumps lately, but the run we've had in this neck of the woods has been amazing.
                                I was only 7 years old then but I still remember watching that game and everything. We have been very lucky as far as championships go; but the 2007 Super Bowl, 2003 ALCS, and 2010 NBA Finals were as tough of losses as any fans could deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information