This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
    I too loved Kiwi when he was a rookie but I have some concerns about the transition to our system. He has shown versatility but the Giants run a 4-3. Playing OLB in a 4-3 is not the same as in a 3-4. There might be some struggles getting acclimated. He isn't a spring chicken. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it I just think it's not such a slam dunk. Remember Adalius struggling trying to transition into his role and was coming from another 3-4 system.
    Thomas also came from a system that was notorious for making average NFL players (Hartwell, Sharper) look like All-Pro caliber studs.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
      I too loved Kiwi when he was a rookie but I have some concerns about the transition to our system. He has shown versatility but the Giants run a 4-3. Playing OLB in a 4-3 is not the same as in a 3-4. There might be some struggles getting acclimated. He isn't a spring chicken. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it I just think it's not such a slam dunk. Remember Adalius struggling trying to transition into his role and was coming from another 3-4 system.
      He was a 43 OLB and 43 DE. If he can't learn to play 34 OLB in camp, I will be blown away.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
        He was a 43 OLB and 43 DE. If he can't learn to play 34 OLB in camp, I will be blown away.
        My thoughts exactly.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Rosey Colvin went from 43 OLB to 34 OLB pretty well. Zero concerns with Kiwi making that switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            Rosey Colvin went from 43 OLB to 34 OLB pretty well. Zero concerns with Kiwi making that switch.
            God I miss that LB core. McGinest, Vrabel, Bruschi, Johnson, Colvin. Hell, even Phifer was good in his day.

Comment

• I'll be amazed if Tyron Smith isn't drafted by the time the Bucs are on the clock at 20.

Comment

• I really don't have concerns about Kiwi flipping over either. Less linebacker responsibilities in a 3-4 anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Best Offseason: sign any combo of thomas/kiwi/floyd...... drafting kerrigan/heyward/wisinewski/moffitt....... id be a very happy man

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I like your mock Pro. I would be more than happy with that first four picks.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• That would be a godly off season.

This Kiwi thing is really good. I mean, we all know the Patriots front office reads this forum and deliberately goes out of their way to not do what we're thinking...but that one might just work :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I take full responsibility for the Kiwi proposal. I am meeting with BB today to discuss my terms, we need to make it happen. Mankins, Kiwi, Julio, Heyward, Carimi, and Wisniewski. Maybe even Danny Watkins with the Moss third rounder, can we make that happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          That would be a godly off season.

This Kiwi thing is really good. I mean, we all know the Patriots front office reads this forum and deliberately goes out of their way to not do what we're thinking...but that one might just work :)
                          Bwhahaha, I can totally seeing BB sitting up late on his laptop going through our posts laughing at our pathetic attempts to figure out a mock.

Originally posted by WMD
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Bwhahaha, I can totally seeing BB sitting up late on his laptop going through our posts laughing at our pathetic attempts to figure out a mock.
                            You know it, I am convinced he comes on here every year and just laughs uncontrollably at us. We should all just accept the fact that we will be picking once in the first round if we are lucky. Our draft will probably be something like LeShoure, Torrey Smith, Jimmy Smith, Jabaal Sheard, and a 2012 first rounder. Go ahead and quote that if you want, I bet we take at least two of those guys.

Comment

• Yeah, at the very most we aren't going to be picking where both picks are in the first.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Plus like eight Penn State offensive linemen after the 3rd round. Undersized Penn State offensive linemen. Plus some linebackers who we all get excited about then get cut.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information