Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im hearing actually quite a bit about teams having real consideration for Cam Jordan to play some OLB. Watt I havent heard anything and im not sure he has the athleticism to do so. If BB believes Jordan can play standing up I would take him and someone like Wilkerson and Heyward at either 28 or 33. However to base DEs are not a necessity at this juncture.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
      Im hearing actually quite a bit about teams having real consideration for Cam Jordan to play some OLB. Watt I havent heard anything and im not sure he has the athleticism to do so. If BB believes Jordan can play standing up I would take him and someone like Wilkerson and Heyward at either 28 or 33. However to base DEs are not a necessity at this juncture.
      I agree that the pick could be spent on a linebacker or lineman, but even though we have a lot of decent role players in guys like Brace, Wright, Stroud, possibly Gerard Warren, etc., we arguably don't have a single long-term starter on roster. Ty Warren may only have a couple of years left and even he could be released. He has a reasonable cap number and I think the Patriots will see what he's got but he's not a lock to be on the team at the start of next season.

It's very hard to evaluate the Patriots' team needs this offseason because most of it is to be determined by factors we know nothing about. Offensive tackle depends on whether or not Light is back, we need one guard or two if the Patriots don't think Mankins will ever be re-signed, one defensive end and two if they're worried about Warren, and a cornerback if Leigh Bodden's not going to be able to return to his previous level of play.

Comment

• I agree on OL. It definitely needs to be addressed.
        The only sure fire starter on the team right now is Vollmer.

As for C.Jordan... if he can play OLB and UT in our subpackages... OMG!
        He'd be a dream come true. I'm not sure he'd be able to play base packages too though.
        That's just be a 'freak of nature's' freak of nature. If he can, more power to him.
        I just can't see anyone that athletic and versatile and not be a demi-god.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• He'd be Myron Pryor if he could do those things... Or Jarvis Green...? The Patriots have plenty of versatile platoon players at DL. If they draft a DL, it should be one that is an every down guy at DE...a straight-up 5-tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            He'd be Myron Pryor if he could do those things... Or Jarvis Green...? The Patriots have plenty of versatile platoon players at DL. If they draft a DL, it should be one that is an every down guy at DE...a straight-up 5-tech.
            C.HEYWARD!!!

Also, Pryor and J.Green never played OLB though.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sold on the idea of some sort of super sub-package player either. Jordan doesn't have any issue being an every down five technique either, so I'm still on board with him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                If they draft a DL, it should be one that is an every down guy at DE...a straight-up 5-tech.
                A 5 tech is not an every down player. 5 tech is just DE in one of the base defenses.

When someone is an every down player, they can play in subpackages as much as the base defense.

The knock on Heyward is when the Patriots go into a sub package, he'll be on the bench. (well, that and his motor)
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I believe CJ can be a base 34 DE and an UT on the sub packages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    I believe CJ can be a base 34 DE and an UT on the sub packages.
                    I don't, not at 287 lbs. I'm completely off Jordan, I'm about to kill puppies every time I see him mocked to the Pats. To me he's a better version of Justin Tuck: LDE and interior pass rusher in sub packages. I'm just happy that he isn't going to make it past St. Louis. Right? Right? Please let me be right...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Well at least I'm not alone in my feelings on Cam Jordan. I've been saying for a while now.. Cam Jordan is Jarvis Green. A small DE who will be better off as a third down DL if he gets drafted by a 3-4 team, and who will get run over if he is asked to play DE in a base 3-4 defense. He's a good player, but not what I want to spend a top 20 pick on.
                      2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
                        Well at least I'm not alone in my feelings on Cam Jordan. I've been saying for a while now.. Cam Jordan is Jarvis Green. A small DE who will be better off as a third down DL if he gets drafted by a 3-4 team, and who will get run over if he is asked to play DE in a base 3-4 defense. He's a good player, but not what I want to spend a top 20 pick on.
                        There is no hope in hell that this statement is true. Jarvis Green wishes he could be half the player Jordan will be.

Comment

• He's not Seymour big, but he's not Jarvis Green small, either. And he's far more athletic and fluid than Jarvis ever even thought about being. lol

Scott's notes on him in the senior bowl weigh in thread:

• Cameron Jordan California 6'4⅛ 287 34 11
                          Notes: Broad shoulders with long arms. Just BIG.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Jarvis used to play between 285 and 290, and I'm pretty sure he was at least 6'3. In other words, the same size as Jordan.
                            2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• I get what you're saying, but think it's a huge dig at Jordan to compare him to Jarvis. And I love me some Jarvis.

If you want to make it a fair comparison you should at least compare combine stats. Green played at 290, but he sure didn't come into the league at 290. Jarvis was an inch shorter and 15 pounds lighter. He also was timed slower in every category didn't jump as high or far.

Jordan looks to have better all around skills coming out, too. Personally, I'm going to be very happy with Heyward instead. I just think it's a bit much to say Jordan is Jarvis Green.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• To clarify, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a better player than Jarvis. But rather I'm saying he's the same type of player.

And yes I will admit I am in a very miniscule minority on this whole DraftCountdown forum in that I don't care nearly as much about measurables and combine performances as I do what a player does playing football. And Jordan was a good, but not great, college football player. I'm not saying he's no good, but I just don't see him as a top 15 pick. Late first or early second is where I'd feel comfortable taking him, and I'd still take Heyward, Clayborn, and Watt over him if they were all on the board and I was determined to take a DL... and quite frankly I might even rather have Jarvis Jenkins over Jordan. I could probably go either way on that one.
                                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information