Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair enough. I think Heyward is the better option for us. It's just tough to ignore the upside you get with a more athletic guy like Jordan.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
      To clarify, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a better player than Jarvis. But rather I'm saying he's the same type of player.

And yes I will admit I am in a very miniscule minority on this whole DraftCountdown forum in that I don't care nearly as much about measurables and combine performances as I do what a player does playing football. And Jordan was a good, but not great, college football player. I'm not saying he's no good, but I just don't see him as a top 15 pick. Late first or early second is where I'd feel comfortable taking him, and I'd still take Heyward, Clayborn, and Watt over him if they were all on the board and I was determined to take a DL... and quite frankly I might even rather have Jarvis Jenkins over Jordan. I could probably go either way on that one.
      Quoted for thruth.

I'm kinda "meh" on Heyward. He looks like a pretty safe pick, but he has little or no upside. I am, however, very high on Wilkerson, Watt and Jenkins. All have huge upside and a skill set similar to what BB would look for. Jenkins might not have ideal strength, but that will change in a NFL strength and conditioning program.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Can't break football down by sheer triangle numbers alone. Jordan has a broad frame and will continue to get bigger. He's close to 290 pounds right now and will likely end up around 305 if he's drafted into a 3-4.

Hell, I don't even really care about the measurables on Jordan. They're just above average as far as what kind of player he is. It's what he shows on tape consistently that's the best part about him. Far and away the best defensive linemen in the Pac 10 over the past few years and I've been pretty big on him even before the hype train started moving. There's really not much he can do to change your stance either. Contrary to what you claim about seemingly every single player, he shows up in the game tape and has dominated the post season process. Scott and others had him lauded as a top ten type pick even before the Senior Bowl and gets paid to do that stuff. Does that make him an infallible prospect? No. But Justin Tuck and Jarvis Green aren't good names to bring up just because he weighs the same as those guys. Richard Seymour, was a rare prototypical 3-4 DE and we would be best to just get over him because they don't make them like that. With the rise of the 3-4 and the increasing reliance on the pass in the NFL, teams are demanding superior athletes at the position these days anyway even if that means sacrificing a bit of bulk.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I would still take C.Heyward and JJ Watt over CJ but I still think CJ could be a 4 down player for us
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• To clarify my comments on combine numbers & weights:

I only listed them to demonstrate that Jarvis Green at 290 was an unfair comparison since he wasn't that big coming out. He had to bulk up, and Jordan can do the same - jumping to the 300 mark easily. All while being undeniably better on athletically and taller, too.
            Last edited by FlyingElvis; 03-11-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Hell, with Jordan's frame, he might be able to get to 310. He's very broad, long, and cut right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah, Jordan, Watt, and Heyward are all 3 players that could have prototypical builds for a 5-technique.

I wouldn't question that. You could question lots of things, but a 290 pound DE in college under an NFL workout program can certainly gain 10 pounds.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...l-talking-pats

Not to put words in his mouth and not mich of a surprise
                  Moss wants back in NE
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    Quoted for thruth.

I'm kinda "meh" on Heyward. He looks like a pretty safe pick, but he has little or no upside. I am, however, very high on Wilkerson, Watt and Jenkins. All have huge upside and a skill set similar to what BB would look for. Jenkins might not have ideal strength, but that will change in a NFL strength and conditioning program.
                    Heyward has upside - if he wasn't so inconsistent this year and didn't hurt his arm, he would have been one of the top five or so picks in the draft. Going into this season he and Clayborn were considered potentially the two best prospects in the entire draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...l-talking-pats

Not to put words in his mouth and not mich of a surprise
                      Moss wants back in NE

YEEEESSSSSSSssssss...!!! Woohoo! Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. Please make it happen.... Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please! Come back, Randy!

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Heard about that; not sure about bringing him back. I would have brought him in before the Titans did last year if we could have...but we're sort of in a good position to move on right now. I think he can still play for sure if he wants to(pretty well too)...but mixed feelings.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• He'd provide a buffer for Taylor Price's development, but I just don't feel like he can be trusted to play. An incentive based contract that made him a cheap cut if he started with the short arm, doggin' it BS would be fine by me. Unless it prevents us from taking Hank. ; )

Comment

• I could do that. I just hope he and Brady know his role. Any repeat of that awful Jets game at the start of the year would suck. Then again...any repeat of the awful Jets game at the end of the season would be even worse.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-shooter/

Merri just can't stop taking cheap shots at guys heads.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Just curious, why does no one ever point out that Pete Carroll coached (for 3 years) the team Bill Parcells built? And Belichick simply managed to recover the team after 3 years of Pete Carroll?

I always see people say "Belichick won with Parcells team, not his" but by the time they won in 04 (which was considered the best team in NE - save maybe 07), it had been 8 years since Parcells had any involvement with the team... which is significantly longer than most NFL players last.

I've quite seriously never seen that said in any of these "belichick isn't great" threads.

edit: Is it embarrassment? I would be embarrassed if he coached my team too.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information