This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Exactly what I thought. I thought the line talking about how the 49ers had hoped to draft the next Joe Montana (with Carmazzi) was one of the better ones. Unfortunately for them, the next Joe Montana was in the draft... it just wasn't Carmazzi.
    I still haz a sad.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Any thoughts on the forum mock so far? Still have one pick in each of the remaining rounds (5, 6, 7.)

17. OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

28. DE Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

41. LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA*

51. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland*

53. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

112. RB Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma

Comment

• First round was solid w/Pouncey and Wilkerson. Ok value for players that should be excellent for us, but I wasn't thrilled by it.

You played the board well through the second and turned it into an awesome draft overall. Love the moves down and then back up into the second landing Ayers / Smith / Moore. Then again to package up a bunch of 5th round picks to grab Hunter.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Ayers for us. *shrug*
          I think he should stay in a 43 to be honest.
          I'd take Houston, Reed, Acho and Sheard before I'd settle on Ayers
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I'd be content with Ayers at 41.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              I'm not a fan of Ayers for us. *shrug*
              I think he should stay in a 43 to be honest.
              I'd take Houston, Reed, Acho and Sheard before I'd settle on Ayers
              Really?
              I like Ayers. I cannot see Houston or Sheard playing 3-4 at all.
              Acho is a later guy that I really like though.
              Breed's QB Philosophy:
              Originally posted by Breed
              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                Really?
                I like Ayers. I cannot see Houston or Sheard playing 3-4 at all.
                Acho is a later guy that I really like though.
                Didn't Houston played some snaps as OLB?

Comment

• Yea, Houston was an OLB for UGA. All he did was rush the passer though. For the most part
                  I think Sheard is athletic enough to do it but I don't have high hopes on his coverage skills though, just his pass rushing ones
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    Yea, Houston was an OLB for UGA. All he did was rush the passer though. For the most part
                    I think Sheard is athletic enough to do it but I don't have high hopes on his coverage skills though, just his pass rushing ones
                    Yeah! I wasn't sure if I was thinking of someone else. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
                    He did only rush the passer, but do you think TBC is great dropping in coverage? Jermaine Cunningham? Ninkovich? My true worry would be if he can set the edge. Covering I believe he can be just as good as what we have, and a better rusher, and I'll take take any day.
                    I haven't seem Sheard, but Houston seems like a decent pass rusher to me. I'd love Miller but since that's not happening and it seem Kerrigan, Smith and Quinn will be long gone when 17 comes I'd be happy with him, but maybe at 28. I'd like to see an OL at 17 if all the top pass rushers are gone, almost any that has a first round grade except Pouncey. Don't know why, just don't like the guy.

Comment

• Guyz, the draft is three days away. haha

Originally posted by WMD
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Can't sleep.. been thinking about various possibilities for mock drafts for the patriots.... this might not be the exact lineup i submit for our challenge.. but this is what i am thinking... and am fairly confident about.....:

1. Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC
                        1. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
                        2. Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
                        2. Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
                        3. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
                        3. Ahmad Black, S, UF

Not the most ideal mock.... to my standards anyway, but i think its very realistic.... has the mix of experience and captains, along with some developmental players. thoughts?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Doesn't Castonzo have the same agent as J.J. Watt? Otherwise minus the trades looks like a realistic Pat's draft.

(Neither here nor there but I'd not be surprised to see the Pat's move up to 12 (Vikings) to grab C.Jordan if he's still available.)

Comment

• I really dont want Castonzo at 17.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              I really dont want Castonzo at 17.
                              I'll tell you a little secret... the Patriots won't draft him. 100% sure.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Logan Mankins (his thoughts on the Patriots possibly drafting guards)
                                "I don't care who they draft. They could draft three guards, for all I care, they still have to beat me out. And if they release me, someone would pay me to play for them, so I'm not too worried about that."
                                That sounds like Mankins will be around for training camp.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information