Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy ****. We just added a ton of talent to our front seven. Troubled talent, but when he wants it Haynesworth is still one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL. He'll be in on the subpackages for sure and hopefully can be persuaded/learn to play five technique....and now we're in on Kiwi? Wow. It's like I woke up in an alternative universe.

Not being too objective about any of this right now just because of how shocked I am.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• heres to praying we get mathias.... if it were to be true, we would be adding a boatload of talent to our defense at positions we had questions about all off season. im liking what i hear so far... now lets see it!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Albert Haynesworth is a mac-truck with a seized engine.

On one hand, you get a big dominating force. On another, he might decide to take a nap in the locker room because it's snowing.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I would happily settle for Manny Lawson at this point. Or Matt Roth. Anyone who can generate a little bit of pass rush from the outside.

As far as his role, I really don't think we make a move like this and take this sort of risk if he's just going to help in 50% of the snaps. Albert didn't want to play the NT in Washington, but hopefully we can convince him of the virtues of playing the five technique. Even if he doesn't dedicate himself to it, with his size and strength, that's a lot of space being taken up between him and Warren/Wilfork.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
            Albert Haynesworth is a mac-truck with a seized engine.

On one hand, you get a big dominating force. On another, he might decide to take a nap in the locker room because it's snowing.
            ppffffttt. Homeboy takes his naps right on the field.

The Kiwi talk is totally unsubstantiated. I checked with the guy who posted it and it was just a tweet with no real value. Someone else mentioned a very good point - nobody it going to go near Kiwi until the FA period truly opens (tomorrow) and the medical staff(s) can evaluate him for that neck injury.

Sorry to put such an evil little bug in everyone's ear.
            Last edited by FlyingElvis; 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM. Reason: spleling errros

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Yeah, the medical is a concern we haven't really been talking about too much. Gotta make sure that checks out before we put any sort of money in front of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• nevermind, kiwi is returning to the giants. matt roth? lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• The positive... look at how close he was to Vick...

The negative... they still can't get that dent out of the field.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I think I prefer Lawson, to be honest. He can do a whole lot more than Roth with his athletic ability. Very good in coverage and setting the edge. Way smaller than you would like and has a hard time getting off blocks, but if he gets a free release you know he has the speed. We've turned around project linebackers with talent mid-career before too, with Vrabel being the most prominent example.

....I wouldn't mind both though ;)

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Say what you want about the Bears OL. . . there are only a handful of people that can bull rush like Albert can and that youtube clip is proof.

Gah... imagine what this will be like if Albert actually gives a damn...
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• @ClaytonESPN: Cardinals add Packers G Daryn Colledge for 5 years 27 mil

Mankins will be tough to sign w/o backing up the Brinks truck, me thinks.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Ochocinco hinting hes coming to NE.

So far my prophecies are all coming to pass.
                          (I deserve a mulligan on Cullen as per a Haynesworth).

Lol.
                          Breed's QB Philosophy:
                          Originally posted by Breed
                          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I hate to bring down the tents that everyone is pitching right now, but despite my earlier exuberance I'm becoming a bit more skeptical. Not because of the talent, but because I don't know if I can root for this guy. He is probably the most abominable person in all of professional sports. Read this Washington Post article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6oeI_blog.html

Not only that, but the article doesn't even mention the fact that he stomped on Andre Gurode's face. Also there are other stories like how he paralyzed a guy by crashing into him going 100mph in a Ferarri, and he refused to pay the guys medical bills. He wouldn't even pay for his own daughters preschool after he got divorced, and this is a guy who made 35million in the past 2 years! Oh and there is also that little story about how he sexually assaulted a cocktail waitress.

I'd like to think there was a Patriot of way of doing things, and after everything the Kraft's and this organization has done, I'm shocked that they would do this. I hope that he becomes old Albert Haynesworth and has absolutely no problems once he's here, but I'm incredibly skeptical. I think sometimes as fans we need to draw the line as to what is acceptable to root for, and I'm going to have a hard time doing it with Haynesworth.

Comment

• Ignorance is bliss and I wont read that link ;)

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Also whoever called Ocho cinco to us was about right

http://www.local12.com/content/break...wUkd60.twitter

******* right.

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information