X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's linkage to Haynesworth's full media thing;

http://www.patriots.com/media-center...b-52ab491e9718

Interesting that he flat out admits he's not a high motor player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• so we may be looking to bring in ricky williams and osi. osi would be sweet in my opinion. ricky doesnt make too much sense, as the backfield is insanely crowded. maybe that means BJGE wants too much money, and could be on the way out? who knows man.. but exciting nonetheless with roth and brock also in the mix

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• It's weird, for sure. I'm not completely following what's going on. We invested a premium draft pick for Vereen to make an impact right away as well as give us a big play threat. Then we used a third round pick in Ridley, usually talking about a guy expected to make the roster for sure, in a guy that would be a clear replacement for Morris....who we resign. Then we bring Faulk back when Woodhead(who we extended last season) was basically a rich mans version of last year, minus some of the savvy and pass blocking ability.

I'm just really confused.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think this just means that it'll be a competitive TC with cuts to be expected soon after.

I'd like to see us go with BJGE, Woody, Vereen and Ricky. Ridley as the FB/RB/Goal line back
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Here's linkage to Haynesworth's full media thing;

http://www.patriots.com/media-center...b-52ab491e9718

Interesting that he flat out admits he's not a high motor player.
            That did make me lol. "A high motor guy... that's like a kyle vandenbosh or someone who runs around all the time, like they have a battery up their butt. I'm not a high motor guy"

I thought he came of quite honest though. Not the biggest fan of him, but I realize what he did for a while and i think he can do it here.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I definitely prefer Haynesworth to admit this rather than pretend that he's a great worker and teammate when history says otherwise.

I hope what he realised is that there's not many other places he can go and be put in such a good position to succeed. If he turns up the defensive line could be at it's strongest since it was VW, Warren and Seymour from about 6 years ago.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Apparently the Patriots and Ravens are interested in giving up a second for Osi U...

If we get Osi, can we send the Jets a second place trophy now or do we have to wait?
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• That assumes Osi stays healthy as well as Haynesworth ( and that he'll return to form). I'm going to stay grounded with my expectations until I start seeing everything work out, and pray no big injuries. Would be exciting if we got Osi however.
                  Last edited by Jvig43; 08-03-2011, 06:52 AM.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I'm not down trading for someone who wants to a giant pay increase when we still need to sign our own players (Mankins!!!)
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      That assumes Osi stays healthy as well as Haynesworth ( and that he'll return to form). I'm going to stay grounded with my expectations until I start seeing everything work out, and pray no big injuries. Would be exciting if we got Osi however.
                      Im going to go the other way, im gonna assume they get Osi and him, Haynesworth and Wilfork have all pro seasons while Cunningham has double digit sacks from LE.

And Ocho will break Moss' TD record on the way to the Pats winning the Superbowl

/dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                        I'm not down trading for someone who wants to a giant pay increase when we still need to sign our own players (Mankins!!!)
                        I'd have to agree with this. I'm all for Osi if they can swing it but not before they get Mankins locked up long term. I'd feel much more confident for Solder's prospects long term if he has Mankins beside him

Comment

• Osi isn't getting his money here if we do end up landing him. That doesn't really make a whole ton of sense because of that element IMO, just seems like it doesn't fit our profile to give up a valuable asset for a guy that's going to require cash to keep as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think the crowded backfield is a result of the 90 man roster. Ricky has the look of a guy who will have his tires kicked and could be gone as quickly as Stroud.

BJGE could be on the outs. I think we all agree he was a favorite for all the wrong reasons. Underdogs are fun and all, but when you have the opportunity to upgrade you jump on it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I can get behind that. Shane Vereen already projects to be an upgrade, but doesn't bring the same kind of power that Lawfirm brings to the table. Ricky could do that. Maybe it's a move with that in mind? We'll have to see.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I can get behind that. Shane Vereen already projects to be an upgrade, but doesn't bring the same kind of power that Lawfirm brings to the table. Ricky could do that. Maybe it's a move with that in mind? We'll have to see.
                                I think the guy we're overlooking is Ridley. Granted I haven't seen a ton of him, but from his prospect videos he looks like a carbon copy of Lawfirm only a bit bigger. He is a downhill runner, and instead of paying a guy like BJGE $5 million a year like he might be able to get on the open market you can pay a guy like Ridley $800,000 and almost get the same thing. If you have him doing most of the work late in the game and in short yardage situations, then you can have Vereen and Woodhead do most of the receiving and blocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information