This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
    Waaaaay too many pass rushers. I'd project Andre Carter and Anderson to be cut. Markell is fringe. Barrett's not making the team, either (Brown is more likely). Tarpinian...no.

So that's 4 spots cleared.

Instead, I'd project Ohrnberger or LeVoir (possibly Cannon - doubtful), Faulk, Slater, and Deaderick to stick around. I also think it's more likely they keep Deaderick than Love. Would also half-expect someone to come off the PUP later in the season and have one of the QBs go on the IR.
    Markell will make the team, he's been athletic in camp but needs time in the strength program and has a ways to go transitioning from a defensive end to outside linebacker. I think Barrett will make it as the team's rover, replacing Brandon McGowan. Belichick has been looking for someone to play that role for a while (see Tank Williams) and Goldson spurned us to re-sign. Tarpinian I have taking Tracy White's spot because at least one undrafted free agent will make the final roster, and the other impressive UDFAs play positions that we're loaded at (WR and DE mainly.) Love is more likely to stay than Deaderick - Deaderick was in the doghouse and even suspended at the end of last year for constantly being late to practice, while Love was actually surprisingly good as a backup nose tackle. I could maybe see Deaderick taking Brace's spot though, depending on whether or not Brace is working hard to improve. I think at least one of the two pass rushers signed recently (Anderson/Carter) will make the team as a TBC replacement.

Comment

• Warren does have ability and versatility but we are going to cut like 3 DL before the end of camp at least. We really want to throw a lot of different looks out there on defense, and I guess we want different guys out there all the time for those different looks. Should be interesting. There is a lot of first rounders on our DL but most of them are over the hill. Warren, Carter, Haynesworth, Wilfork, and we've already cut T. Warren and Stroud.

Comment

• God damn. Warren was a good player for us last year, but there's a whole ton of guys who will be cut this year, unless BB has somehow worked out a way to play a six man front or something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like ROP's list.

If I were to change it, I would cut a DE or two (sub package ones - guys who can't play OLB). I'd add a G/C or a G/T. 2 Gs seems like you're asking for an injury.

I'd say Katula is cut (I saw Ninkovich working at LS... not a good sign)

Wilhite vs Butler... who cares? Both are subpar and liabilities.

I personally think Tarp has a shot to make the roster over Matthew Slater.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• If Ninkovich can long snap and save a roster spot that would be absolutely fantastic. Katula made a few mistakes last year as well, so you never know.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              If Ninkovich can long snap and save a roster spot that would be absolutely fantastic. Katula made a few mistakes last year as well, so you never know.
              i was just thinking the same thing. this is the best case scenario in my opinion

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• There is no way Ninkovich becomes our full time long snapper, imo, at least.
                He plays LB as well so obviously the chance for injury is high as well.
                It doesn't seem like a smart move... plus, he's not as good as Katula
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Might be headed down to the stadium tomorrow to take in one of the public practices if I get out of work in time. If not, I'll be attending one for sure next week if they're open.

Also; 3 days until pre-season game!

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Better take and post some pics!!!
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                      i was just thinking the same thing. this is the best case scenario in my opinion
                      Agreed, but I doubt he will be the full-time guy, they're probably just getting him prepared in case of emergency.

Comment

• Just a thought - Ron Brace is currently on the PUP list. Does it make more sense to keep him there until week seven and carry Deaderick on the active roster, then re-evaluate?

Comment

• Stop making so much damn sense RoP. ;)

I still see some unexpected cuts coming tbh. I personally am all for Tate, and Butler getting cut. Kind of sad to see Mcgowan go, I really liked him. Plus hes a maine alum haha

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Stop making so much damn sense RoP. ;)

I still see some unexpected cuts coming tbh. I personally am all for Tate, and Butler getting cut. Kind of sad to see Mcgowan go, I really liked him. Plus hes a maine alum haha
                            I could see Tate being cut, especially considering Jeremy Ross has reportedly looked good in camp so far and can return kicks. But at this point, it seems like Tarpinian is the frontrunner for the UDFA spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                              I could see Tate being cut, especially considering Jeremy Ross has reportedly looked good in camp so far and can return kicks. But at this point, it seems like Tarpinian is the frontrunner for the UDFA spot.
                              does ross have more upside at WR than tate at this point? i have heard good things about ross at camp playing WR

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                                The problem is... can Ross play WR? Tate isn't a bad WR. He's just young.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information