Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A concern I would have with the last few games is the amount of hits Brady is taking, and big hits at that. Our O-line really needs to do a better job of keeping him clean.

    Also, how many of you jumped out of your seat when it looked like Wilfork was going to get pick number three? haha


    Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

    Comment


    • I really like how the defense played aggressively, personally. We were coming at Romo at a 100 MPH. Far cry from what we've seen this year. We played with attitude and intensity. The scheme complimented it too, which is unusual. We still have fundamental problems in coverage and with tackling though...so I don't know, but we made strides this game.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        A concern I would have with the last few games is the amount of hits Brady is taking, and big hits at that. Our O-line really needs to do a better job of keeping him clean.

        Also, how many of you jumped out of your seat when it looked like Wilfork was going to get pick number three? haha
        Yeah, I was really hoping to go back to the sig thread for a "INT: League Leader" tag of some sort.

        Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          I really like how the defense played aggressively, personally. We were coming at Romo at a 100 MPH. Far cry from what we've seen this year. We played with attitude and intensity. The scheme complimented it too, which is unusual. We still have fundamental problems in coverage and with tackling though...so I don't know, but we made strides this game.
          The DL's play was really good and the linebacker play (when they weren't botching tackles) against the run seemed really good.

          There were huge mistakes in coverage (like McCourty blowing outside contain after Dez caught the ball) and just a general lack of ability to tackle.

          Overall, I'd say I am cautiously optimistic that it will be awesome down the road.
          **** her in da *****!

          Comment


          • Tough to call Mayo a compiler after watching that display, eh?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Tough to call Mayo a compiler after watching that display, eh?
              In what way? We played better without him. The tackling issues weren't on the linebackers, for the most part. I saw more plays stopped for losses of yardage and before they started than we've seen all year.

              R.I.P. Junior Seau

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                In what way? We played better without him. The tackling issues weren't on the linebackers, for the most part. I saw more plays stopped for losses of yardage and before they started than we've seen all year.
                They were playing more aggressive towards the end of the game though. Fewer soft zones. If Romo's OL had held, the Patriots would have easily lost. However, I think Belichick was banking on the Cowboys taking the ball out of Romo's hands.
                **** her in da *****!

                Comment


                • There were a lot of plays that he would have gotten to and made the tackle. Or been there to finish tackles that didn't get finished yesterday.

                  The DL and Spikes looked great yesterday. I was fine with Ninko last year, but he's kind of worn on me. Would really like to see a legit upgrade there.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    In what way? We played better without him. The tackling issues weren't on the linebackers, for the most part. I saw more plays stopped for losses of yardage and before they started than we've seen all year.
                    I strongly disagree that we're better without Mayo in there. Had Mayo been playing, combined with the aggressive mentality on defense, Dallas wouldn't have put up 16 points last night. And the tackling issues were just as much on the linebackers as on the defensive backs. Despite playing a very good game (I particularly enjoyed watching him steamroll Costa on a blitz) Spikes did miss some tackles, including one on a run blitz. Had he wrapped up it would've been a loss of seven or so, instead Spikes let the RB go to the right and pick up 5 yards before being gang tackled for a loss of two. If the defense didn't leave as many plays on the field they'd look a whole lot better than they do know.

                    I'm also with nepg on Ninko. He was fine this year, but the 4-3 really doesn't seem to suit him well. I'd rather have Guyton in there with Mayo healthy so BB can use Guyton's speed and natural playmaking ability. Guyton is probably one of the more underrated guys on our defense imo. You could say the same about Kyle Love who looks really strong at the POA.

                    Our offensive struggles seem to be more about timing than anything else. Some can be attributed to players missing time, others to the state of our offensive line. I'm fairly confident that most of the issues on offense will be worked out during the bye.

                    Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                    Comment


                    • Oh man, I loved watching Spikes steamroll Costa. He was a freak of nature at times yesterday. It's pretty clear that in a 4-3, Spikes needs to be the Mike and I'd like to see them move Mayo, Guyton, and Fletcher around to disguise blitzes and coverages.

                      Spikes between those two linemen is hard for anyone to stop. We saw yesterday that this team needs to be more aggressive on defense. They have the talent. It was OK for them to play passive defense when they didn't have a lot of talent on defense, but they're one of the most talent-laden defenses in the NFL...time to be aggressive.
                      Last edited by nepg; 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM.

                      Comment


                      • I'd just like to see us dialing up some pressure where we send both Mayo and Spikes up the a gaps. Guyton has the athleticism to cover the TE. Add to that Chung and you're pretty much covered as long as they line up in a standard formation. Unfortunatly most teams only do that when they intend to run the ball these days. I can't wait for the weather to turn cold and nasty, I think that will play to our advantage on both defense and offense.

                        Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                        Comment


                        • I didn't say we were better off without Mayo. I just said we played our best game of the year without him, particularly along the front seven. He would obviously be a major upgrade over Guyton....but that still doesn't mean he doesn't get more credit than he deserves for putting up 150+ tackles a year when a whole slew of them have little to no impact on the game. Hence, I've got no issue calling him a bit of a compiler. This was supposed to be his year to step up free up in the new scheme and he's less of an impact player if anything.
                          Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM.

                          R.I.P. Junior Seau

                          Comment


                          • I don't think I totally disagree with calling Mayo a compiler, but that's basically what NE needed yesterday. Someone who could make tackles instead of giving up another 10-15 yards. Mayo would have held them to 3-5 yards instead of 15-20.
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              I don't think I totally disagree with calling Mayo a compiler, but that's basically what NE needed yesterday. Someone who could make tackles instead of giving up another 10-15 yards. Mayo would have held them to 3-5 yards instead of 15-20.
                              And a lot of those 3-5's would have been no-gains or losses because Spikes and that DL were just blowing up plays.

                              Comment


                              • I just think they're playing it safe with Seabass right now. They have Solder who's been better than most expected and the offense really hasn't missed him as much as they would've a year ago. I'd rather play it safe now and have him back healthy in the playoffs rather than having him play now and playing hurt in the playoffs.

                                Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information