Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uche Nwaneri was released by the Jaguars today. While he won't set the world on fire, he's a pretty good pass blocker who is most comfortable at RG. Might be a nice addition in replacement of Connolly.

Comment

• Pretty tough schedule. This long stretch of games stood out to me.

Go to Kansas City, always a tough place to play, then have a short week to prepare for Bengals.

Right after Cincinnati it's at Buffalo, and then it's three days off before a game against the Jets on Thursday.

Chicago and Denver in back to back weeks is rough.

And then coming out of the bye it's 3 away games in 4 weeks. @Indy, @Green Bay and @San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcn92 View Post
        Pretty tough schedule. This long stretch of games stood out to me.

Go to Kansas City, always a tough place to play, then have a short week to prepare for Bengals.

Right after Cincinnati it's at Buffalo, and then it's three days off before a game against the Jets on Thursday.

Chicago and Denver in back to back weeks is rough.

And then coming out of the bye it's 3 away games in 4 weeks. @Indy, @Green Bay and @San Diego.
        I actually think based on the teams we had to play (who we knew already) it is a pretty favorable schedule.

Realistically this is a chance to get a good start and build up a lead in the division. The Pats should be favorite in every game until they play Denver. Yes there are some tough ones but this is a team with Superbowl aspirations.

If they can be 7-1 or 6-2 by the time they play Denver that is pretty good. Then after Denver we get the bye before looking at the Colts, Lions, Packers and Chargers.

They are 5 tough games but you would hope we could go 3-2 at that stage. That leaves the team hopefully 9-4 with 3 divisional games to go with 2 at home.

I'm actually pretty happy with it because the offense we play first up don't look that strong until week 8 at home to Chicago. This should give the defense time to settle and get Browner back and playing.
        Last edited by AntoinCD; 04-24-2014, 04:47 AM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• KC is a tough place to play but I think we see them regress in Reid's second year. Cincy is hot/cold and could go either way. Bills/Jets are division games but neither team is scary, though the Bills fast paced O will likely look better this year. The other six games are definitely big game potential.

It's nice to get the bye late, so that's good. It also breaks up that tough stretch, which is another bonus.
          Last edited by FlyingElvis; 04-24-2014, 10:39 AM. Reason: my reasons are my own!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Count me in as someone who doesn't think KC is going to be a legit threat next year. They played a 32nd ranked SOS last season where the best defense they played was the Giants. They lost multiple offensive lineman, Tyson Jackson, and the <200 lb Charles is coming off multiple 320+ touch seasons. Now they have the AFC East and NFC West on their schedule which were better conferences than the NFC East and AFC South in 2013.

I would be very surprised if they're back in the playoffs next year.

Comment

• Agreed on KC and also think the Bengals could be in for a tough year next year. I think losing Michael Johnson will be tough to get past and Geno Atkins is coming off a bad injury. Particularly against the Pats, if Revis shuts down AJ Green then I think they will struggle to move the ball

Comment

• In a pretty unsurprising move the Pats picked up the 5th year option on Solder giving him a salary a shade under $7.5 million for 2015. The Pats are going to have a very interesting cap situation in 2015 as they're already over the projected cap, but the Pats could save $20 million with the release of Mankins, Wilfork, and Browner, and there could be substantial cap savings with a Revis renegotiation.

Either way, using the option was the right move.

Comment

• Yeah it was a no brainer. They can hopefully get creative with McCourty and Solder to free up some room. It will be interesting next year because I feel there will need to be some big casualties

Comment

• 7.5 million is a bit much for Solder, but given our need along the line I understand the move.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      7.5 million is a bit much for Solder, but given our need along the line I understand the move.
                      I think $7.5 million is the right amount for Solder. If you look at the AAV on a lot of the LT contracts out there that number falls right in line with the Michael Roos, Will Beatty, Eugene Monroe, Brandon Albert, Jared Veldeer, and Sam Baker's of the world. I'd consider Solder comparable or better than the majority of those guys.

The thing with Solder is that he's dominant 90% of the time and inconsistent the other 10% of the time. Going back and watching NFL rewind Solder always pops on film for me. He's far and away our best offensive lineman. He's the best run blocker, the most mobile blocker in space, and he rarely gets penalized. He gets beaten a decent amount for sacks which lower his reputation, but by in large he's the player that most Pats fans and writers think Mankins is.

Comment

• I'm not sure there are many linemen in the league who can do what Solder does. As cmarq has stated for 90% of the time he is absolutely dominant. He may well be one of the top run blocking linemen in the league which is ridiculous for a guy who many thought would never have a strong enough base as a prospect. He also gets left to single block elite pass rushers, which in fairness is what the best guys are asked to do, but generally the better pass blockers aren't as strong run blocking.

The issue he has is he has some lapses in concentration and ends up lunging. I think there is also an issue where Brady holds the ball too long as well.

Overall I would place him in the top 5-7 LTs in the NFL and for that $7.5m is absolutely fine and probably a starting point for negotiations when his contract is up

Comment

• Inactives:

OL Jordan Devey, CB Alfonzo Dennard, OL Cameron Fleming, S Nate Ebner, WR Aaron Dobson, OL Chris Barker and DE Chandler Jones.

Only real surprise is Dennard, but let's not let the team off the hook for a second round pick a year ago not being able to crack the rotation. Did the same thing last week, but yeah, still mad.

It's nice to have our best offensive line group back though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Browner is everything this secondary was lacking.

Comment

• **** Yeah, *************! Wooooo!

Comment

• Were in contention for Vincent Jackson. ******* do it.

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information