This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    We might spend a second rounder on a receiver anyway. Don't think we'll find one in that area anywhere near the caliber of player Boldin will be right away.
    thats why you make the deal. you get a PROVEN player, one that is elite at his position when he is healthy.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• My four:
      Jermaine Gresham
      Brandon Graham
      Trade down for Dexter McCluster and Alex Carrington.
      Jared Veldheer

Admittedly the last one may be a reach but I'll take the chance on another Vollmer or at least a RT or RG prospect.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• The possiblity of not taking a free agent like Dansby in case of a lockout is really annoying. The last two years really have been rebuilding years, especially on defense and we are only a few pieces away from making a real challenge again. With Brady and Moss especially well into their 30s the clock may be ticking so any and all help is needed. I'm not sure how much I would want Boldin. He will want a major contract and I'm not sure he is worth it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
          My four:
          Jermaine Gresham
          Brandon Graham
          Trade down for Dexter McCluster and Alex Carrington.
          Jared Veldheer

Admittedly the last one may be a reach but I'll take the chance on another Vollmer or at least a RT or RG prospect.
          You're speaking my language with Jermaine Gresham(even though I don't like him in the first) and Brandon Graham. Intrigued to high hell about Carrington too. But Jared Veldheer? We're known for doing crazy **** like that, but you have to assume we're rational. Another linebacker please.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I would love Boldin for a second even if it means Tennessee's second - #44 ish? Dansby would be nice, too.

Both seems unlikely. And to be honest, I'd rather not give up several picks to add both. One or the other, with my preference being a veteran LB so guys like Guyton, McKenzie and Crable still have time to develop. Add another pass rusher with our 1st round pick and hold off on WR until next year with 2 firsts.

I'd like to see the Pats make a move for Braylon but I doubt the Jets would be foolish enough to trade picks for him and then let him walk. Then again, they only gave up a 3rd (conditional - could be a 2nd) and 5th so maybe a 2nd round pick in the 40's would be enough. Though I highly doubt they let that happen within the division.

The rest of the FA class at WR (including B-Easy, I think) consists of guys who will likely be shafted by the CBA/uncapped year and won't actually hit FA. Jennings, V-Jax, and Roddy White. Of course, their respective teams would be insane to let the go elsewhere.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• just saw this as the most recent +rep comment:

"I just wanna say, if your Pats got that draft you want in your sig, I'd punch you in the face, then I'd punch myself in the face, then I'd quit being an NFL fan."

lol

Comment

• If we could get Braylon Edwards cheap, that would be good. He's such a talent. Just needs to be fixed up a little bit. It's not like he hasn't produced through it all either. I'll gladly snap up another deep outside threat, even if they have catastrophic dropsies. Actually...eh. But still, wouldn't be against going after him if the price was right.

Lol at the rep comment. Who was it haha?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Braylon definitely has some catching problems but I think he can fight through that in time. Being a 3rd target with relatively low pressure would likely be just what he needs. Take the spotlight off him for the year or two Moss has left and then let him shine again afterwards.

+rep was Saints-Tigers from the Peyton as GOAT thread. I still chuckle after reading it a few times already.

Comment

• Mel Kiper's thinking for second and third rounders... he did it for each team... but this is ours...

New England Patriots

Top needs: A 3-4 DE, OLB, RB, WR, OL

First round (22): OLB Ricky Sapp

Second-round options (44, 47, 53): DE Greg Hardy, RB Ryan Mathews, OT Charles Brown, LB Sean Weatherspoon, WR Brandon LaFell, WR Damian Williams, QB Tim Tebow

Third-round options: No third-round picks

Summary: The Patriots are set up for a huge weekend, with lots of high-value picks in a deep draft. At No. 22 they get value at their second-biggest need with Sapp (OLB in a 3-4) and then could go after a natural (and versatile) 3-4 DE like Hardy in Round 2. But they also can add a solid RB with Mathews and another good LB before addressing WR with the last of three picks in Round 2. With Julian Edelman's growth behind Wes Welker as a slot guy, I think they could look for a better downfield threat to back up the aging Randy Moss. Williams was in a pro-style offense and could be a good get in the late second. They could also take a good tackle in Round 2 if they don't like the WR value left at that stage. Tebow? He'd be a bad value here, and I highly doubt it, but hey, they have three picks ...

Comment

• Can't really argue with any of it. Sapp has the size that makes scouts & personnel staff drool. He could easily push into the 1st at the combine.

We're running enough 4 man fronts that I can still see Hardy being a good value pick in the second. Let him show his versatility and prove Mel right.

I still like the idea of a WR next year. Aiken was looking decent and could impress heading into next season. Moss, Tate, Welker/Edelman, Aiken . . . ok, now that I type that out, I guess maybe a WR this year wouldn't be a bad thing. I just think if it's not Benn @ 22 or Tate late second I'd rather not bother.

Comment

• I'm Mike Iupati at #22 or bust, to be honest. After that, I like Damian Williams on the outside opposite Moss, and there are tons of OLB prospects that fit Belichick's criteria this year...maybe a flier on George Selvie in round 2? Or Greg Hardy - that'd be BOSS. With the last 2nd (no particular order here), they can do pretty much anything they want... Maybe a corner?

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4863296

wow this article makes vince sound like a total deuche. im seriously wondering whether we will resign him or not. at the very least, you tag him, and trade him if need be and get value in return. this might get ugly.

Comment

• I don't think it makes him look bad. In fact, I completely agree with him that he's worth more than the 7.5 million the franchise tag would pay him.

I do agree that it will get ugly. And I will blame the Patriots. Then I'll get over it. lol

Comment

• I understand Vince being upset, but I also understand the Pats waiting to see what's going on with the CBA before putting a deal together. It's probably very stressful to Vince that he doesn't have a contract, but he needs to keep his emotions under control and not say something he can't take back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                You're speaking my language with Jermaine Gresham(even though I don't like him in the first) and Brandon Graham. Intrigued to high hell about Carrington too. But Jared Veldheer? We're known for doing crazy **** like that, but you have to assume we're rational. Another linebacker please.
                                We are getting Shawn Crable and Tyrone McKenzie back, hopefully. I don't think linebackers are that big of a need.

I do think a guard or tackle is though. Jared Veldheer could play RT and probably RG (He's 6'9, 330...).
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information