X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors advice Quarles to retire.

Wow I had no clue about this, very sad.
    Shelton Quarles-LB- Buccaneers Mar. 2 - 9:56 am et

Shelton Quarles disclosed Thursday that doctors have advised him to retire because of concussion problems.

Quarles reportedly had six concussions during the 2005 season, in which he didn't miss a single game. If he retires, Barrett Ruud should take over in the middle for Tampa.

Angels Record: 6-8

Without a doubt Ruud will replace him.
    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

As a fan of the NFL and good people, it is terrible to hear a quality individual like Shelton may be FORCED to hang it up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Shelton was a stand up guy and if he does indeed retire, I really hope he can get a job in the Buccaneers front office. He was a hell of a player on the field and a great role model off the field.

Comment

Hope we don't waste too much money on a replacement.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Hope we don't waste too much money on a replacement.
            ummmm, Barrett Ruud??

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
              ummmm, Barrett Ruud??
              Umm I'm pretty sure I like Ruud more than anyone here. I was talking about signing a veteran backup. We don't need to get someone like Kawika Mitchell or Donnie Edwards. I hope Barrett still plays special teams even if he's a starter.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ruud won't play ST if he is starting

Comment

When you said replacement, I assumed you meant starting MLB, since that was what Quarles was.

I wouldnt be concerned about spending too much money on a back-up.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                    Ruud won't play ST if he is starting
                    I know he won't, but I wish he would. In Madden my MLBs are on the kickoff team :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      I know he won't, but I wish he would.
                      You would want to risk getting your starting MLB injured on special teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                        You would want to risk getting your starting MLB injured on special teams?
                        Yes, depending on the situation and the efficiency of our coverage teams. If we are struggling there, Barrett should play. Special teams injuries are not as common as you think. Earnest Graham is our best coverage guy IMO anyway. That's why he will be our 3rd stringer for at least a few more years. With guys like Devin Hester in the league, coverage teams are really important and you need your best players out there.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

chukwarah can be our new special teams ace. Ruud should be able to get the job done thought at MLB.

Comment

There is absolutely no point risking Ruud on kickoff coverage. In the playoffs I could understand, but in the regular season, no.

Comment

I would only put Ruud out there when we're facing a Devin Hester.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information